It's May, Let's Chat - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

It's May, Let's Chat

Old 05-01-2016, 08:07 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
It's May, Let's Chat

Was out at Corriganville yesterday and saw a handy idea to catch lemonade drips from the cooler while camping. Might have to break down, buy a HF welder and build a couple of those.

Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2016, 08:09 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Also learned some Dutch oven tips and hands on experiences. Not a fan of the liner, but they're easy to clean...

Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2016, 11:26 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
Good morning to everyone in California...enjoy your Sunday.

Old 05-01-2016, 11:51 AM
OldBlackCat
Posting Guru
OldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Was out at Corriganville yesterday and saw a handy idea to catch lemonade drips from the cooler while camping. Might have to break down, buy a HF welder and build a couple of those.
that's easy for sure! only 3 parts if you have a press brake, and 6 parts if you cut all the squares out.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Seems like overkill to me just for a few drops of lemonade.

Never had the chance to cook in a dutch oven. May have to try that someday.

Jim

Old 05-01-2016, 09:00 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
Clearly Jim, you've not spent much time around 7-10 yr old boys at a campout eating meals.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:01 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Not since I was a 7-10 year old kid in the Cub Scouts.

Jim

Old 05-03-2016, 01:18 AM
djed
Elder User
djed has a very good reputation on FTE.djed has a very good reputation on FTE.djed has a very good reputation on FTE.djed has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Might have to break down, buy a HF welder and build a couple of those.
Ive got a Lincoln welder you're welcome to borrow.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:50 AM
OldBlackCat
Posting Guru
OldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud ofOldBlackCat has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by djed View Post
Ive got a Lincoln welder you're welcome to borrow.
miller is better its the right color!

haha just messing with ya! little wire feed machine? or a classic tombstone?

Old 05-03-2016, 02:17 AM
djed
Elder User
djed has a very good reputation on FTE.djed has a very good reputation on FTE.djed has a very good reputation on FTE.djed has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by OldBlackCat View Post
miller is better its the right color!

haha just messing with ya! little wire feed machine? or a classic tombstone?
Wire feed welder. Just used it the other day to fabricate a 3 foot slotted screwdriver.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:22 AM
OldBlackCat
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by djed View Post
Wire feed welder. Just used it the other day to fabricate a 3 foot slotted screwdriver.
nice! i have a millermatic 180, that little bugger runs and runs! if i really need some heat in my welds i dig out the 1978 miller 225amp engine drive welder and start throwing down 6010 or 7018 rods.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:21 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
Sorry about this!

Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2016, 07:45 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
LOL You made a funny!

Jim

Old 05-05-2016, 06:38 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by OldBlackCat View Post
nice! i have a millermatic 180, that little bugger runs and runs! if i really need some heat in my welds i dig out the 1978 miller 225amp engine drive welder and start throwing down 6010 or 7018 rods.
What size rods? 5/32" or even 3/16"?

Pop

Old 05-05-2016, 08:22 PM
OldBlackCat
Posting Guru
usually 1/8", seems to be a surplus around here of them. my beads are alright, not great and not bird crap.

i really want to try 2 batteries and a set of jumper cables sometime, mostly just to say ive done it at least once!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.