6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

NEED HELP! BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE DASHBOARD!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NEED HELP! BANGING MY HEAD AGAINST THE DASHBOARD!

I replaced the HPOP last week on the truck. All is well there!

Unfortunately I can not get the turbo to relearn. I returned it to stock, cleared the codes and tried again.

After all the work with the HPOP I was getting was a P132b Performance A. Now I am getting a P603, P1000 and P132b.

I am beside myself! I have checked the MAP, all of the connections in the wiring harness! As far as I know I do not have an exhaust leak at the turbo.

Any help in what direction to go would be appreciated.

When I was running the SRL tune all I was getting was the P132b code.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Jmoen7
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman
I replaced the HPOP last week on the truck. All is well there!

Unfortunately I can not get the turbo to relearn. I returned it to stock, cleared the codes and tried again.

After all the work with the HPOP I was getting was a P132b Performance A. Now I am getting a P603, P1000 and P132b.

I am beside myself! I have checked the MAP, all of the connections in the wiring harness! As far as I know I do not have an exhaust leak at the turbo.

Any help in what direction to go would be appreciated.

When I was running the SRL tune all I was getting was the P132b code.

What did you do to relearn the turbo?

Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
I watched diesel tech ron's video in it and did as he said. Pulled the battery cables and touched together. Let it sit for a bit. Hooked up the cables and let the truck run for 5-10 minutes until the VGT stabilized and stopped searching. It settled at 63ish.

Turned it off and restarted and the truck started searching again.

Put the truck back to stock tune and cleared the codes. Started the truck and let it run for 5-10 minutes again until the VGT settled and the turbo stopped searching.

Drove the truck to bowling tonight and apparently my stock tune is corrupt. It wouldn't shift out of 4th gear. Scanned for DTC's and had a list of odd ones, but nothing for the turbo issues. A few for the transmission that upon searching were generic fluff.

Returned the tune i have been running and all ways good. Except the turbo is still searching!

Old 04-01-2016, 10:37 PM
navistarnut
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you unplugged everything from the PCM and let it sit for a minute?
I only ask because one of the 6.0's on the farm I work part time at had this issue.
Last resort was that trick and it worked..........no idea why it did.
Ulplug ALL the stuff and let it sit for a few minutes.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:08 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd clean the battery grounding locations as well. When something won't let go of a capacitor charge, usually the ground is holding it.

P1000 is an uncompleted test.
P0603 keep alive memory, battery disconnect fault.

Clean the EBP sensor as well.

Old 04-02-2016, 08:59 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
I cant find the one I want

So P132b is a PIA How is all the sensoras and stuff reading for turbo

Clearing the KAM and PCM
1) Flash truck back to stock (if have a tuner)
2) Drive truck on highway and bring all systems up to driving temperature. Oil and coolant need to be hot enough to allow EGR operation. Shutdown truck.
3) Disconnect both battery ground cables
4) Turn on the headlights and let sit for 30 minutes to delete KAM in the PCM
5) Turn off headlights
6) Connect batteries back up
7) Cycle the ignition switch to the on/off position twice to allow the clear procedure to complete. Pause in the on position long enough to allow the start light to go out and then pause in the off position for 10 seconds to be sure the PCM has gone to sleep.
8) Start truck and let idle for 5 minutes
9) Drive it fairly hard

If your seeing the Gauge sweep when you turn the Key to on then most likely PCM reset is working

Im not finding gthe turbo relearn

Old 04-02-2016, 10:53 AM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Well returning it to stock ATM is an issue! See above post.

I hadn't returned it to stock since I had a reputable shop do an oil cooler and update my SCT scanner for me. They are an SCT dealer. So I need to figure out what went wrong with my stock file. I had laptop issues and can not find my back up files.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:02 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Disconnect both batteries with headlights on, before you start it, you have to go key off to key on for a full 30 seconds on, then a full 30 seconds off, repeat 4 times, don't do it in a hurry, then 5th time proceed to start, let it idle 20 minutes, then drive to complete relearn, it takes sometimes as long as. A half hour of driving. Before you do this, check MAP hose, and MAP, clean EBP tube, and EBP sensor, IAT2 sensor, and MAF sensor all at once, then try the relearn procedure and don't hurry it up, I have done this a few times and if you risk the steps of the key on and off it doesn't go into relearn. You should also leave the batteries disconnected with headlights on, for atleast 20 minutes to completely drain all sources of power in KAM.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:27 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you disconnect both negative and positive cables on both batteries and touch them together, it should discharge any capacitance. Turning the lights on does the same thing, just longer to get'er done.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:12 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My HVAC panel defaults back to degrees f from it being changed to degrees c when I do the procedure so that's how I know it's completely drained any capacitance is truly depleted. I have found headlights on trick was was what did it, but try the touching both set of battery cables as well. You have to follow Blades procedure to the letter to make it work right so that you truly end up doing a relearn.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:46 PM
waterboy_fishing
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35
I cant find the one I want

So P132b is a PIA How is all the sensoras and stuff reading for turbo

Clearing the KAM and PCM
1) Flash truck back to stock (if have a tuner)
2) Drive truck on highway and bring all systems up to driving temperature. Oil and coolant need to be hot enough to allow EGR operation. Shutdown truck.
3) Disconnect both battery ground cables
4) Turn on the headlights and let sit for 30 minutes to delete KAM in the PCM
5) Turn off headlights
6) Connect batteries back up
7) Cycle the ignition switch to the on/off position twice to allow the clear procedure to complete. Pause in the on position long enough to allow the start light to go out and then pause in the off position for 10 seconds to be sure the PCM has gone to sleep.
8) Start truck and let idle for 5 minutes
9) Drive it fairly hard

If your seeing the Gauge sweep when you turn the Key to on then most likely PCM reset is working

Im not finding gthe turbo relearn
Just curious, which gauge?

Old 04-03-2016, 04:53 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by waterboy_fishing
Just curious, which gauge?

All of them I believe

Old 04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
UPDATE:

Apparently I fubared the stock tune when I updated the firm ware on the tuner. I talked with SCT and Matt. SCT was interesting to deal with to say the least. Matt was nice as usual on the phone. Answered my questions and reassured me I didn't screw up the custom files.

I called up the local SD dealer and got a BS story about needing a new ECM and that since they are an obsolete part bla bla bla....I was basically screwed! But bring it in anyway and for $300 they will try to help me out.

Next call was to the shop that did my oil cooler 2 years ago. Talked to the tuner and he found my stock tune and custom files on their pc. So $110.00 and the truck was returned to stock in under an hour.

Picked it up and drove it home. Had a P0603 and a P1000. Cleared the codes drove to dinner and back, P132b popped back up. Followed Blades procedure and no P132b. Loaded custom tune and the turbo swept a few times in under 5 minutes. I will drive to work tomorrow and see if I get any codes.

I have a feeling I over tightened the up pipe and down pipe clamps. I hear a slight hissing when the turbo goes to 85%.

The odd thing is I have zero performance issues that are noticeable.

Old 04-05-2016, 10:16 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
P132b can be anything from intake to exhaust and anything inbetween

So if you hear it leak most likely the culprit

P1000 is normal for battery's being unhook should go away after 3 compleate drive cycles

Custom tune should take care of egr code no worries here egr problem can cause p132b but it don't sound like it's going to be the case here especially since you hear a leak

Leave it stock mode untill p132b is gone