2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

We Own Work: My 2017 Super Duty Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 01:12 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasalas
And to add to that does the camera plug tie into the gooseneck/5thwheel connector in the bed?
It is not. It is on the bumper.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:14 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by UGA33
Shot of the puck setup for the 450.

I noticed the bed bolts moved from Torx T to E heads. Any reason for this?

Edit: I should say any reason besides not shattering a dozen T sockets trying to get them out years later...

Old 07-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Mayberry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MediumDan
My apologies to you. I simply decided to chime in to help Josh answer some of the questions that he was being asked so he was able to focus a little more on his experience at the event.
I'm sorry,... I think my comments came off wrong. I definitely have enjoyed Dan's input! It was just waking up to 7 pages of "stuff" that wasn't necessarily tied to the"Experience". It just seemed to me better served to ask/answer some of the questions on a different thread.
Again, sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone, and I sure didn't mean any of it in a mean way.
Carry on....

Old 07-29-2016, 01:18 PM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That Black Platty is SEXY.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:22 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,200 Likes on 574 Posts
It is not. It is on the bumper.
That really stinks! Now to figure out how to move it to the bed for us 5th wheel and gooseneck guys. I wanted to zip tie it to my 7 way umbilical so it would be nice and neat and plug in together rather than have two cables in to locations running to two locations on the truck. Ugh...

Old 07-29-2016, 01:23 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 537 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by EightySecond
That Black Platty is SEXY.
I was thinking the same thing...what a beautiful truck.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:24 PM
MC_Greenmachine
Senior User
Shot of the puck setup for the 450.

Is that with the 3" ball? What specs can you give us on that load?

Old 07-29-2016, 01:24 PM
MediumDan
Senior User
Originally Posted by Monster-4
I noticed the bed bolts moved from Torx T to E heads. Any reason for this?

Edit: I should say any reason besides not shattering a dozen T sockets trying to get them out years later...
Doesn't have to be years later, I always carried 2 or 3 in my tool box as we would break them constantly here. The reason they changed the style is due to a torque increase. It's also important to note that they already modified the head of the bolt to add a chamfer to it. Point is we instantly pointed out the second that we saw it that it would shred open bags of sand/cement/etc.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
That really stinks! Now to figure out how to move it to the bed for us 5th wheel and gooseneck guys. I wanted to zip tie it to my 7 way umbilical so it would be nice and neat and plug in together rather than have two cables in to locations running to two locations on the truck. Ugh...
Thinking the same way for the slide in camper. Probably have to put a new socket in the bed for the camper nearer the front. (Hint FORD slide in campers need wiring at the front of the bed). Since doing the wiring anyway it won't be too much to add that on too.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:30 PM
MediumDan
Senior User
Originally Posted by Mayberry
I'm sorry,... I think my comments came off wrong. I definitely have enjoyed Dan's input! It was just waking up to 7 pages of "stuff" that wasn't necessarily tied to the"Experience". It just seemed to me better served to ask/answer some of the questions on a different thread.
Again, sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone, and I sure didn't mean any of it in a mean way.
Carry on....
Your good, Josh is still providing a lot of feedback and pictures of stuff from the event. I'm not allowed to take pictures of the stuff inside the experimental garage that I work in so your getting the best of both worlds. I work with a lot of the engineers that Josh has met, stood around and asked questions with on an almost daily basis.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:31 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MC_Greenmachine
Is that with the 3" ball? What specs can you give us on that load?
Yes on the 3" ball. That load is 30k lbs total. Trailer is only rated for that.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
I am looking at the mileage. That may be the best picture yet!!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Mayberry
Carry on....
All's well that ends well as they say. Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:32 PM
johndeerefarmer
Cargo Master
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Since the camera/tpms package comes with a new 12 pin/7 pin connector I don't that it would be hard to put that in the bed in place of the 7 pin that is there. Get out your nibbling tool and go to town.
The problem would be connecting it to the harness that would be at the back of the truck. You would have to make some kind of extension cable

Old 07-29-2016, 01:36 PM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Josh or Dan, for the trailer TPMS are the monitors screw on so they can be used temporarily and then moved to another trailer and re-programmed or are they rim mounted like standard truck wheel monitors? Or can they be either?

Just called dealer and added the option after seeing the dash readout. Chalk up 1 small sale to the event!!

Quick Reply: We Own Work: My 2017 Super Duty Experience