Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 radiator seam leaking

Old 02-22-2016, 11:52 PM
Colorado Farm
New User
Colorado Farm is starting off with a positive reputation.
2012 radiator seam leaking

Read that this is a common issue, leaking out crimped seam on lower LH (2012 F250 King Ranch). I have called Ford customer service twice, "Sorry, we do not have any recall or programs to cover the out of warranty repair". I keep adding coolant and thinking eventually Ford will address this problem. They did cover my bad EGT sensor (thank you). Any contact information for someone within Ford willing to help with this issue would be appreciated.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:16 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
If you want to use your truck, buy a new radiator. Don't think, after all this time, that Ford will do anything unless it's still under warranty.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:28 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
If you want to use your truck, buy a new radiator. Don't think, after all this time, that Ford will do anything unless it's still under warranty.

Mike, that's not necessarily true. quite a few folks, myself included were able to get Ford to cover the majority of the cost of the replacement, outside of warranty. Contact member FordService via PM, and she will run this up the chain. In my case, ford covered all but $400 of it, and I was beyond the warranty period.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:38 AM
Colorado Farm
New User
Thanks, I have read within this site where Crystal has helped resolve this issue. I am waiting for the 10 day, 5 post (newbie) time frame. This Ford is currently in service every day at the Ranch. Leaking varies from day to day, month to month. Ready to get rid of the antifreeze smell and mess on the concrete. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by Colorado Farm; 02-23-2016 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Auto correct spelling
Old 02-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Hopeless Diamond
Junior User
Hopeless Diamond is starting off with a positive reputation.
While Crystal can be quite helpful, I wouldn't hold my breath. I've not heard of too many problems with when replaced with a factory replacement, many also go the Mishimoto route. I did the Mishi, it lasted less than 1/2 the miles of the original. Replaced and now constantly on the look out for drips. At least they don't seem to just let go, a small irritating drip is something you can deal with.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:43 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
FordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Colorado Farm View Post
Thanks, I have read within this site where Crystal has helped resolve this issue. I am waiting for the 10 day, 5 post (newbie) time frame. This Ford is currently in service every day at the Ranch. Leaking varies from day to day, month to month. Ready to get rid of the antifreeze smell and mess on the concrete. Thanks for the replies.
Hey Colorado Farm,

Because you're a new member, feel free to send an email over to [email protected] with your full name, VIN, current mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help. This inbox is not actively monitored, so please reply to this thread to let me know you've sent the email, so I can retrieve it. Talk to you soon!

Originally Posted by djousma View Post
... Contact member FordService via PM, and she will run this up the chain. ...
Thanks for pointing Colorado Farm our way, djousma!

Nick

Old 02-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Colorado Farm
New User
Information has been emailed.

djousma "Thanks for your help!"

Old 02-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Colorado Farm
New User
Information emailed

Thanks djousma!

Old 02-26-2016, 02:36 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
FordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud ofFordService has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hopeless Diamond View Post
While Crystal can be quite helpful, I wouldn't hold my breath. I've not heard of too many problems with when replaced with a factory replacement, many also go the Mishimoto route. I did the Mishi, it lasted less than 1/2 the miles of the original. Replaced and now constantly on the look out for drips. At least they don't seem to just let go, a small irritating drip is something you can deal with.
Have you spoke with your Ford Dealer about this concern, Hopeless Diamond? What's the model year and current mileage of your truck?

Originally Posted by Colorado Farm View Post
Information emailed

Thanks djousma!
Thanks for letting me know, Colorado Farm! I've reviewed and replied.

Nick

Old 03-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Colorado Farm
New User
Nick,
I haven't received any response from the emails answering your questions. The leak has become quite excessive. I have decided to take the truck to an indepent repair facility to get fixed. Estimated $1200 repair bill. Thanks for the efforts anyway.