1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

do 1997 F250 7.3L have Inertia valves?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 05:47 PM
krifenbu
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
^^^^ I sure wouldn't want to see the results of a monitoring program connected to a bluetooth headseat on my head....
Me either. That could be dangerous.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:29 PM
zarmo
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by krifenbu
Me either. That could be dangerous.
that would be virtual reality wouldn't it?

anyway back to my set up, I installed the Torque pro version, and tried to communicate again this afternoon in between rain storms. anyway, still not communicating. I even set up my truck in the profile prortion of the program. make sure It say the obdII blue tooth, and set it as default. and you can see the lights on the BSXF unit as the cell phone app goes thru its protocols, after a few minuets, I get the error "not able to communicate, maybe due to ecm issues or wiring issues. but I know that is not a correct statement, and I just got it back from the shop and they talked to it to get my fault codes. I have sent an email to BSXF about whats going on. they want to help get this to work and they agree the system should communicate. more work on it tomorrow.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:50 PM
krifenbu
Tuned
Do you see Torque Pro going through the different protocols when trying to connect?

Are you getting the Bluetooth pairing request on your phone?

Are you getting the blue icon to show connection to the Bluetooth adapter or does it keep flashing?

Did you load the Ford specific PIDs?

On mine, in the settings, in OBD2 Adapter settings I have only 2 things checkmarked:

Auto Bluetooth On/Off
and Only if BT was already off.

No check mark for Faster Communication.

Also in the settings there you can see Choose Bluetooth Device and if you look in there make sure it is trying to use your adapter.

I had similar error messages as you when I tried using a cheap $10.00 bluetooth adapter. It wouldn't work with any of my Ford vehicles except a 2011 Focus.

Kevin

Old 02-22-2016, 07:34 PM
zarmo
Junior User
Originally Posted by krifenbu
Do you see Torque Pro going through the different protocols when trying to connect?

Are you getting the Bluetooth pairing request on your phone?

Are you getting the blue icon to show connection to the Bluetooth adapter or does it keep flashing?

Did you load the Ford specific PIDs?

On mine, in the settings, in OBD2 Adapter settings I have only 2 things checkmarked:

Auto Bluetooth On/Off
and Only if BT was already off.

No check mark for Faster Communication.

Also in the settings there you can see Choose Bluetooth Device and if you look in there make sure it is trying to use your adapter.

I had similar error messages as you when I tried using a cheap $10.00 bluetooth adapter. It wouldn't work with any of my Ford vehicles except a 2011 Focus.

Kevin
on queston1. yes I do see it cycling thru all the different protocols, but I do not see the EEV-IV in the cycles.
2. I made up a vehicle profile, I don't know what the PID's are.
3. I did the auto blue tooth settings
and I tried both the quicker connection on and off. with no results.
4. I have set the BT to default to this adapter.
5. this is a BSXF BT adapter paid $29 for it from Amazon and made sure it was compatible with the Torque pro program.
6. I went out and hooked it up to my Toyota Highlander 2002, and it cycled and connected right away and I could check faults and saw results on the gauges. so I know this system works.
I do have messages into BSXF on trying to resolve this, and I have done some of the things they requested already. now waiting to hear back from them of anymore Ideas. I know my truck system works, as the shop that worked on it last week was able to get faults from it.
thanks any other ideas welcome.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:37 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The PIDs are in the thread (twice) mentioned over on the Nation.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:39 PM
zarmo
Junior User
The PIDs are in the thread (twice) mentioned over on the Nation.
I will go and look. thanks

Old 02-22-2016, 07:51 PM
krifenbu
Tuned
Originally Posted by zarmo
on queston1. yes I do see it cycling thru all the different protocols, but I do not see the EEV-IV in the cycles.
2. I made up a vehicle profile, I don't know what the PID's are.
3. I did the auto blue tooth settings
and I tried both the quicker connection on and off. with no results.
4. I have set the BT to default to this adapter.
5. this is a BSXF BT adapter paid $29 for it from Amazon and made sure it was compatible with the Torque pro program.
6. I went out and hooked it up to my Toyota Highlander 2002, and it cycled and connected right away and I could check faults and saw results on the gauges. so I know this system works.
I do have messages into BSXF on trying to resolve this, and I have done some of the things they requested already. now waiting to hear back from them of anymore Ideas. I know my truck system works, as the shop that worked on it last week was able to get faults from it.
thanks any other ideas welcome.
I guess that since you can get it to work on a different vehicle shows that your setup can work.

I am out of ideas at this time.

Kevin

Old 03-01-2016, 02:15 PM
zarmo
Junior User
Well Guys, I am at a loss as to what my truck really is for a protocol. I have been working with BSFX on getting their tool to work and with the information they have gathered and what I have been able to find out,this truck should be an OBDII truck. but I have had two readers now and neither of them work on this truck. I called the ship I just got my truck out of and he said also 96 and up are all OBDII. I asked what he used to read my truck and he said it is a ford tool that reads them all so he did not know the exact protocol like J1850.
So I am at a loss, BSFX has refunded my money for their tool. and they to do not know why it does not work.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
All '96 and later GASOLINE PASSENGER vehicles are OBD-II. Does not necessarily apply to diesels.

You need to have a look at that thread on the Nation. There's also a thread here on FTE. I *THINK* there's info in either/both those threads about which specific bluetooth connectors/adapters will work. I wouldn't count on the mfr's support folks; this is a pretty specialized application.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:46 AM
zarmo
Junior User
All '96 and later GASOLINE PASSENGER vehicles are OBD-II. Does not necessarily apply to diesels.

You need to have a look at that thread on the Nation. There's also a thread here on FTE. I *THINK* there's info in either/both those threads about which specific bluetooth connectors/adapters will work. I wouldn't count on the mfr's support folks; this is a pretty specialized application.
So, Can you tell me at leas this. Is my truck supoosed to be J1850 protocol?

Old 03-02-2016, 11:56 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
On my AE, if I remember correctly, J1850 is correct.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:22 PM
zarmo
Junior User
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
On my AE, if I remember correctly, J1850 is correct.
Well if that is true, then I just do not understand why my BSFX B/T will not connect with it. I watch it go right past that protocol.
I am going to try one other thing, and that is to uninstall Torque and Torque Pro and reinstall just the Pro version and start over. see what that does.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:21 PM
zarmo
Junior User
To all of you who help me get connected to my trucks ECU, I thank you. I have finally resolved the issue. after many checks and rechecks deleting programs etc, I finally gave up on the BAFX product. they gave me a full refund, but then I also received a new one in the mail a week later. I tried it last night and it worked as it should. so the first one was a defective unit. the company was excellent in trying to resolve the issue. and went way out of their way to make sure I was happy. and I am happy with the product along with the Torque Pro version.
We can now close this thread as things are all well now.