2000 excursion with 2015 f350 chrome front and rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:38 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by doctord
Finally upgraded the mirrors....

Looks complete now. How do you like the 08 mirrors compared to your old mirrors? What's next on the mod list? Are you still happy with the front bumper?

Old 09-01-2016, 10:53 PM
doctord
New User
Complete? What is that? HAHA. I am debating a few things..still learning. I would like to add different tires and wheels; these are fairly rough. Would love to go with a set of factory Platinum 20's like demboyz1 did, however, am concerned with fitment, spacer safety, gearing change, etc. I will be doing shocks soon, maybe Bilstein. I have thought about doing the Hellwig sway bars as this X will tow things from time to time...

I am still loving the front end--once I saw the conversion on the forum, I just had to do it!! The mirrors make a world of difference when driving. I read somewhere that they are approximately 30% larger than the older tow mirrors (which is what we have on my wife's 2003 X). She drove mine tonight and even commented on how much more you can see with the newer mirrors.

Take care...

D

Old 09-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Demboyz1
Junior User
Complete? What is that? HAHA. I am debating a few things..still learning. I would like to add different tires and wheels; these are fairly rough. Would love to go with a set of factory Platinum 20's like demboyz1 did, however, am concerned with fitment, spacer safety, gearing change, etc. I will be doing shocks soon, maybe Bilstein. I have thought about doing the Hellwig sway bars as this X will tow things from time to time...

I am still loving the front end--once I saw the conversion on the forum, I just had to do it!! The mirrors make a world of difference when driving. I read somewhere that they are approximately 30% larger than the older tow mirrors (which is what we have on my wife's 2003 X). She drove mine tonight and even commented on how much more you can see with the newer mirrors.

Take care...

D
Looks GOOD platinum wheels would complete the truck. Some good quality spacers is a must. Ive been riding my spacers for about 15k miles and have no problems. No vibrations at all

Old 12-17-2016, 10:06 PM
doctord
New User
Update...

An update on my 2000 Ex...Added the 2004 Lariat 18's (still can't believe I found them) and 285/70/18 e-rated BFG K02's. Smooth ride (new shocks), no rubbing at all. Thanks again to everyone for all the inspiration, insight, info, sharing, etc., especially WE3ZS (Tom)--shout out for ALL the time spent answering my questions that I am sure have been answered a million times in other parts of this site.

Added the 2004 Lariat 18's..

Old 12-18-2016, 02:30 PM
hwybee22
Posting Guru

Take care...

D
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas present

Old 04-07-2017, 10:45 AM
barkster
New User
what grille is that and what size light bar did you use? Thanks

Originally Posted by Demboyz1
Also installed the newer mirrors

Old 04-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Demboyz1
Junior User
Originally Posted by barkster
what grille is that and what size light bar did you use? Thanks
the grill is from a 07 f250 i believe.. i dont remember the size of the light bar. Ill check when i get home tonight

Old 04-16-2017, 03:42 PM
rundm
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EX

What yr are your headlights? Did your lights fit right up or did you have to do some cutting?

Old 04-18-2017, 10:31 PM
doctord
New User
Hi there..not sure if you were asking Demboyz or me, or if that even matters, lol. On my truck, I used 2005-07 headlights from 1A auto (search their site for F250,etc.). Oh, and there are a host of other parts suppliers, etc., so do what works for you, as I am not trying to promote one over the other, etc. The tricky part is swapping out the header panel (it's a big plastic part on the front end--sorry if you already know this, as I did not once) as the updated headlights won't fit our stock header panels. You might look back through the posts, as I had a great deal of success in what others had posted on this, and I think I posted some pics as it went along, etc. It's been a few months now, and I am LOVING the way the truck looks, rides, and drives. ; - ) Reach out if you have any additional questions, I have found everyone here is pretty supportive and will help you out if you decide to do the mod. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2017, 01:02 AM
rundm
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doctord, your ex looks really good. Do you have any lift on it or does it appear like that because you have the bigger tires on there? I am also wanting to do the mirrors on mine. Do yours have the power fold on them?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 PM
doctord
New User
Hey rundm, thanks for the kind words. There's no lift on the truck, it appears that way due to the larger wheels and tires. The mirrors are not the power fold, and, I can see how that would be nice to have.