6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Pay to play

Old 11-26-2015, 06:54 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Don't feel bad. It's a lesson learned. Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. To put it very simply, a manufacturer has to prove that something you did caused a failure to void your warranty. Do your own maintenance, save the receipts for the parts, and you're good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

Old 11-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Don't feel bad. It's a lesson learned. Look up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. To put it very simply, a manufacturer has to prove that something you did caused a failure to void your warranty. Do your own maintenance, save the receipts for the parts, and you're good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act
I will as I was sliding my card to pay I was thinkin about the 1000L tote of oil that's sitting in my shop at home ,sad face

Old 11-26-2015, 07:13 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Lawrencew
Just came from dealer , had my baby serviced today engine Oil and filter , air filter, and fuel filters, total $582!
$210 for fuel filter change and $125 for an oil change at my dealer.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:15 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
More sad news...

Old 11-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So

Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Did you get surplus free air though

Old 11-26-2015, 07:32 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Lawrencew
Did you get surplus free air though

Old 11-26-2015, 09:26 PM
polarlys
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were traveling last month in Texas when the oil change minder came up. I had the oil changed at a dealer in San Antonio, Tx and the charge was $104. for oil & filter. At home I do these things myself but on the road I wasn't prepared. It thought that was a pretty fair cost. Sorry to hear you got ripped.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I get mine done at a dealer as well. The reason being is I work on the road and stay in motels. Just had my oil,all filters and, tires rotated for 350.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:38 PM
baerpath
Junior User
99 dollar Diesel oil change
• Brake inspection
• Belts & hoses check
• Tire rotation & pressure check
• Battery test
• Fluid top-off
• Multi-point inspection
Last time took an hr and a half but that includes time to wash the truck

Old 11-27-2015, 05:33 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just wow. Some dealers are making their monthly's look really good on these oil changes.

I get it, whether you're on the road traveling or just don't enjoy doing the tasks at home but really, it's not even in the same galaxy as "appropriate " what they're charging.

The oil and filter change takes all of 20 minutes and the fuel filters can be done in 5. The material cost is known, so just make buddies with one of the service techs and give them $100 cash to do it independently. At least then you're not helping service managers pad their reports.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:35 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I have on occasion, used the quicklane.

Still Ford but some locations it is completely separate from the main svc dept. Much better price wise.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:45 AM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Just wow. Some dealers are making their monthly's look really good on these oil changes.

I get it, whether you're on the road traveling or just don't enjoy doing the tasks at home but really, it's not even in the same galaxy as "appropriate " what they're charging.

The oil and filter change takes all of 20 minutes and the fuel filters can be done in 5. The material cost is known, so just make buddies with one of the service techs and give them $100 cash to do it independently. At least then you're not helping service managers pad their reports.
I don't disagree with you about the cost but, what you are thinking of is that when on the road sometimes you just don't have time to to get a bit buddy buddy with a tech. I get my service done when I get close to the mileage on a rain day. The rest of the time I am working before the places open till after they close and, no time socialize. I could have done it myself or had our mechanic help but when I'm off he is normally servicing our equipment and, I don't Cary the catch pans with me.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:55 AM
lynnmor
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cappa
I will be doing my own from now on. Took my 15 to my local dealer for the first oil change as I had a free one. Got it home and had to drain 2l of oil out as it was way over full, about 1.5 inches up the cable.
Don't tell me the 'Quality Plus" folks are still doing that. They did that to me and after taking it back, they still got it wrong. Turns out that the dealer software was showing 15 quarts like the previous engines required. The 6.7 uses 13 quarts. When I cornered the service writer a year after my incident, I asked how many have gone out with 15 quarts, his answer; "probably all of them." I wonder if the software is still wrong after five years.

Old 11-27-2015, 10:51 AM
gwg42
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far I haven't changed my oil while traveling. Did have a dealer change it in upper Idaho this past summer at a 5,000 mile interval while on vacation pulling my 5th wheel. He had a special going and did the service for $65.00. Best deal I have ever gotten. On my 6.0 I have changed it on trips on 5,000 mile intervals. But with a fumoto valve with a small length of hose and the oil filter on top its a cakewalk. Just have to have jugs to drain oil into and find an oil disposal place. The 6.7 is much more of pain because of the filter. So I call around first before I show up for an oil change. At home its much more convenient to do it yourself. Buy filters off amazon and Rotella T6 at Walmart when its on sale, With tax my cost is usually around $95.00 of less depending on price of oil and using oil filters purchased on Amazon. I do need to buy an EZ Drain valve for the 6.7.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:39 AM
rcjohn44
Freshman User
Our Ford dealer does a drain and fill for $15, if you bring you own oil and filter, or you can purchase oil and or filter from them for additional $$. They log the change in the Ford system and stamp the owners manual if you wish.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pay to play