Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST PICS OF YOUR EX IN THE SNOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 09:04 PM
agsmv1
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This morning when I got to work! Was running late and and to de-ice it at home and then hit the driveway before I headed in.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:05 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
It snowed last night! Chitty Deuce is covered.

Name:  Xz2FPgE.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  1.57 MB

Old 11-27-2015, 10:08 AM
fordboy67
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like just about what we have here....not nearly enough!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:37 AM
AGP
Junior User
Originally Posted by LivingLarge
Figured since we have so many members that enjoy the snow including myself.
This would be a nice place to post them Video would be nice too

I'm so looking forward to my winter getaways this season!

This one is from January of this year in West Virginia
House is 1 mile from any paved road.

Attachment 128748
Just noticed that your running boards aren't fully retracted. Did you want them installed that way? Mines is fully hidden under the truck.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Y2KW57
Received 3,348 Likes on 1,755 Posts
Not mine, but Lloydable's snow photo below has good composition.

It would have made a nice cover photo for the Excursion brochure, because the road ahead is yet untraveled, and the road behind was conquered.

Also, with the truck heading to the horizon line toward the spine of this imaginary brochure, it inspires you to turn the page to the inside, to see what happened next.

Below is the front cover of the actual Ford brochure that announced the debut of then brand new 2000 Ford Excursion:

It's a pretty photo, because the trees and the amber morning light make it so, but compositionally, it sent the wrong message about this vehicle.

Or no message at all. All we see is a grille and a tire. (A Firestone tire at that, in a harbinger of irony.)

What does the Ford photo tell us, in an instant, about the capabilities of the Excursion? Not much, other than it had a different grille design than the Super Duty.

The Ford photo promoted a product.

Lloydable's photo promotes the possibilities...

Try doing this in a minivan.

Here we see an Excursion truly taking an excursion.

Instead of the grille, we see the far more important part of this vehicle... the part that made it new, and better than anything like it made before or since. Capacity. Space. Doors. A place. A place to bring family, friends, and fun.

The story of the Excursion is all about the back half of the vehicle, not the front half. Here was a factory built solid front axle four wheel drive SUV with a GVWR of 9,200 lbs in some configurations... with seven doors! (considering the hatch is a 3 door barn/hatch hybrid).

Lloydable's photo tells the story of the possibilities of what this vehicle could be used for, and the type of excursions this vehicle can take. We see the Excursion from the driver's side, inviting us to get in, and Go Further.

And that's what people buy a vehicle like this for. To go further than other vehicles can go, and be able to bring their family, friends, and fun stuff with them. And be able to get back.

Old 11-27-2015, 02:13 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AGP
Just noticed that your running boards aren't fully retracted. Did you want them installed that way? Mines is fully hidden under the truck.
You have a good eye, that was tons of ice not letting them fully retract. Mine also retract completely without the ice. Lol

Old 11-27-2015, 05:28 PM
housedad
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Durn it!. I don't have any pictures of my EX in the snow. I Never had an Ex. I've been with the same woman for 30 years now and I don't even have pictures of HER in the snow.

I see a lot of pictures of SUV's, but not any of ya'lls Ex. Have you all been married since birth like me?

Old 11-27-2015, 05:54 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by housedad
Durn it!. I don't have any pictures of my EX in the snow. I Never had an Ex. I've been with the same woman for 30 years now and I don't even have pictures of HER in the snow.

I see a lot of pictures of SUV's, but not any of ya'lls Ex. Have you all been married since birth like me?
Funny man you are... I have been married for more than 16 years now, and have never had an Ex either...

But I do have a pic of my wife in the snow. That is my youngest in the foreground and my wife bringing up the rear. This was our last trip to Seward, AK, before leaving for the lower 48. It was sunny and clear in Anchorage when we left, but Seward was getting dumped on with snow!

Sorry for the Now back to the other Ex's in the snow.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:21 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
David not an ex but a very cool pic!

Old 11-28-2015, 10:26 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
I'm no photographer..... but damn if this thing doesn't look good.

We drove up to about 2500 foot, got nothing then back tracked 20 miles to the highway and went up to the top of Willamette National Forest. There is Waldo Lake. We didn't get to the actual lake because we were in a "Winter Snow Park" area and it's supposed to be snowmobiles only. We only went in about a half mile to set up for the day. Did some shooting and heated some great "Taco Soup" we made the night before.

I wished we had some deeper stuff but was happy to get what we did. Overall put about 200 miles on today.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:35 PM
USCG_PA
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by A Rodder

We drove up to about 2500 foot, got nothing then back tracked 20 miles to the highway and went up to the top of Willamette National Forest. There is Waldo Lake. We didn't get to the actual lake because we were in a "Winter Snow Park" area and it's supposed to be snowmobiles only. We only went in about a half mile to set up for the day. Did some shooting and heated some great "Taco Soup" we made the night before.

I wished we had some deeper stuff but was happy to get what we did. Overall put about 200 miles on today.
Looked like a fun family outing and a great excuse to spend some time together. Oh, and you have a nice looking Ex there!

Old 11-29-2015, 01:59 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
A Rodder, nice pics!

Old 11-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Jesser02EX
Posting Guru
I love the snow, as long as I have my Ex!

Old 11-29-2015, 05:56 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,348 Likes on 1,755 Posts
Jesser02EX's photo reminds me of why the front fender well inlet was a bad idea in the early 1999 model year of pickups, especially in the Northeast when the entire front of the vehicle can be covered in icicles in a much larger solid mass of stalactites that fill and cover the small triangular opening on the forward drip edge of the driver's front fender liner, where the fender well air inlet to the outside world is.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Curt's05
Wiser by FTE

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by A Rodder

Now if you had a few snowmobiles,
you could have gone where no excursion Could

Quick Reply: POST PICS OF YOUR EX IN THE SNOW!!!