Fog Light's?? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog Light's??

Old 10-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Junior User

DocsExcursion is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fog Light's??

I want to add a set, any recommendations or a link to some nice ones??
Old 10-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Not So Nice Leprechaun

Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
20" LED light bar
Old 10-28-2015, 04:24 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Add, or replace?

What year is your rig?

Stewart
Old 10-28-2015, 04:27 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun View Post
20" LED light bar
Great for offroad, but is there a state that will allow a 20" offroad LED bar to be lighted while on a public road?

Stewart
Old 10-28-2015, 05:07 PM
Not So Nice Leprechaun

Twitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputationTwitchyleprechaun has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Great for offroad, but is there a state that will allow a 20" offroad LED bar to be lighted while on a public road?

Stewart
I use mine all the time.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:13 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitchyleprechaun View Post
I use mine all the time.
I'm jealous!

Here in Cali, CHP will pull you over if you don't have your offroad lights covered.

Stewart
Old 10-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Junior User

2002 and I'm in MD I wonder if I can have that lol
Old 10-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Not So Nice Leprechaun

Quote:
I'm jealous!

Here in Cali, CHP will pull you over if you don't have your offroad lights covered.

Stewart
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsExcursion View Post
2002 and I'm in MD I wonder if I can have that lol
I live in PA and work in MD. I have traveled between PA and SD and TN. I always have the lights on at night. I am not saying it is legal, I am just saying I have not had my hand slapped for it yet.

They did have brackets for the older style bumper. I can't remember where I got them though, I will have to look it up.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Post Fiend

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Here's what I did.....
Added a 10" Rigid And retained my OEM's
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  77.0 KB
Old 10-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Freshman User

CycleVIN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
I'm jealous!

Stewart
My neighbor is a CHP officer, when I installed my off road lights I asked him about that and he said there is no law he knows of that requires you to cover your off road lights here in CA. I even had Blue Tinted Off Road lights and I never got pulled over even with them uncovered, just don't use them on the street and you should be fine.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:14 PM
The Nekkid Super Mod

Just because your CHP officer neighbor isn't aware of it, doesn't mean the CVC doesn't exist.

I was pulled over for it just a few months ago, but he let me off with a warning. But that's not how I learned about it because that infraction (as well as a handful of others) are common ones that officers look for when they need a reason to pull someone over.

Stewart
Old 10-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Elder User

gots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud ofgots_a_sol has much to be proud of
10" Rigid behind the grill and the DOT duallies in the stock location

Old 10-29-2015, 07:21 AM
Freshman User

CycleVIN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Just because your CHP officer neighbor isn't aware of it, doesn't mean the CVC doesn't exist.

I was pulled over for it just a few months ago, but he let me off with a warning. But that's not how I learned about it because that infraction (as well as a handful of others) are common ones that officers look for when they need a reason to pull someone over.

Stewart
You are correct, I will be buying covers. Thanks!

Auxiliary Lamps: Off-Highway Use

CA CVC 24411. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a vehicle may be equipped with not more than eight lamps for use as headlamps while the vehicle is operated or driven off the highway. The lamps shall be mounted at a height of not less than 16 inches from the ground, or more than 12 inches above the top of the passenger compartment, at any place between the front of the vehicle and a line lying on a point 40 inches to the rear of the seat occupied by the driver, shall be wired independently of all other lighting circuits, and, whenever the vehicle is operated or driven upon a highway, shall be covered or hooded with an opaque hood or cover, and turned off.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Junior User

i like this set up!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Senior User

03X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.03X is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
20" bar for me too.