Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts
wow!!! thats going to be nice.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 AM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bernette
wow!!! thats going to be nice.
bernette, long time no hear! It's winter so you must be working on your jail bar. Any updates?

Old 02-01-2016, 03:16 PM
FireEngineMike
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the idea of some, but not too much contrast between the panels and framing. Looking really good. Wish I could have you design and build the pump cover and cabinets for my panel fire engine.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:17 PM
bernette
Cargo Master
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe777
bernette, long time no hear! It's winter so you must be working on your jail bar. Any updates?
will be starting soon!

Old 02-01-2016, 06:40 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by FireEngineMike
I like the idea of some, but not too much contrast between the panels and framing. Looking really good. Wish I could have you design and build the pump cover and cabinets for my panel fire engine.
its a dillema. I have some inexpensive plywood from the lumber yard where it's from china I think and it's a sort of light colored cheap mahogany, but true to my build here, it's what a small local shop would have used in 1947 to produce a 'bus' to haul folks from the train station to their mountain resort. They would not have ordered the birds eye bubinga from east africa in veneer form to press onto the surface of the body panels. I do the uptight **** retentive stuff all day for the clients and now I can do what I would like. Danny just clocked out (if we had a time clock) and it's time to bust some moves on the woodie.....,

Old 02-10-2016, 04:52 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Here's some of the recent moves on the woodie. The maple rear quarter framing is solidly joined together. The panels are screwed in dry from the back so they can be replaced, veneered or whatever. There will be interior trim panels to access stuff and make it look clean. I might get after some of the nice sheet metal I have stored and build a good front clip next. Woodworking all day and then again on my hobby project gets old. I woke up at 3:30 am this morning, made coffee at 4 and was in the shop fitting woodie panels soon after. At 8:00 when Danny showed up for work I was ready for my first coffee break! I took these pics last night but this morning I was able to replace the cardboard patterns on the driver's side with all the real stuff, so now it's two sided. I do still have to fabricate the brackets that tie the pillars to the roof stringers.

Attached Images   
Old 02-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
Beautiful work as usual GB!

Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Lumbah
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drool! Can't wait to see it finished.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:46 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I'd love to have it completed by mid August as this daughter is getting married here on the island and asked if I'd have a cool truck for them to drive away in after the ceremony. This is my first one (of four)to get married, and she does things in a big way. Like 200 people and a sit down dinner. How do you spell YIKES? Oh, and don't worry, she's 28 now.

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2016, 04:16 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
I'd love to have it completed by mid August as this daughter is getting married here on the island and asked if I'd have a cool truck for them to drive away in after the ceremony. This is my first one (of four)to get married, and she does things in a big way. Like 200 people and a sit down dinner. How do you spell YIKES? Oh, and don't worry, she's 28 now.
Sounds like dad might have to sell a couple trucks

Old 02-12-2016, 06:24 AM
fljab
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by willowbilly3
Sounds like dad might have to sell a couple trucks
Me, Me, Me! Sell one to Me!

I would like to officially get in line as a prospective adopter of one of those fine trucks! It will go to a nice home in beautiful tropical Central Florida!

OK, OK, I know GB has not officially thrown this out as an idea, but just wanted to get that in lol...............

Last edited by fljab; 02-12-2016 at 06:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-12-2016, 07:06 AM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
This will be an epic event and there better be lots of pictures posted here! Better put additional seating in all your trucks to shuttle guests back and forth to the ferry. I volunteer to be a chauffeur!

Old 02-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Lumbah
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, wow! I just married off my daughter last May and it was much the same, except the couple opted to PAY FOR EVERYTHING THEMSELVES. Unheard of! They are expecting their 1st child about Aug 11. I will suggest the name "Woody" in your honor.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:09 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
They both work in Downtown Seattle and make more than me. They have suggested I could pay for about 10% and that's about 1/2 of a truck, though the tonner panel and the woodie don't count! I do however have half a pickup which was removed to create the woodie. Gonna be a bit stressful leading up to it. The vast majority are his family from Northern California and I haven't met them. Thinking we'll fire up the pig roaster at some point during the 4 days of festivities, but then I'd have to mow the lawn and move a few parts trucks deeper into the woods.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:12 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Been working on the steel brackets at the tops of the posts and heading out there now to do some welding. Still an hour and a half til MY bride gets home. Saw this dodge woodie and I reall like the wood traetment. The fenders are too shiny for me. I'm a pretty sick guy I guess, but really with 8 coats of gloss varnish on the wood, my typical 'cornstarch in the rustoleum' paint job would just look wrong. I need to dumb down the wood to match my level of paint/bodywork.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Jailbar woody wagon