6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Ford F350 Sync Module location

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 03:46 AM
adrianvip
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford F350 Sync Module location

Hi Guys
I have a 2011 Ford F350 Lariat that I just upgrade the OEM CD Player to a Ford OEM Nav system. Because I did not have a NAV before I had to get a brick kit so Microsoft Sync work with it. Everything works fine except Sync can hear my voice and based on instructions I have to connect 2 wires from that Brick module to pin 12 and 13 of the Sync Module or they also call it APIM Sync.
Problem is that I have no clue were to find it. On the instructions it say that for F250 is above passenger kick but all I see there is fuse box and some other connectors but nothing that look like the one on the instructions. I have a 350 so not sure if the location is the same.
Some other info I got is that it can be under the central console. This is not a easy job to take it out and don't feel to start that job if is not there.
Bellow is a link to the instructions: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/023...tall_Guide.pdf

About Me
  • About adrianvip State/Province British Columbia Horsepower 0.0 1/8 Mile ET 0.000 1/8 Mile MPH 0.00 1/4 Mile ET 0.000 1/4 Mile MPH 0.00

Statistics

Total PostsVisitor MessagesTotal ThanksGeneral Information
  • Last Activity: Yesterday 09:23 PM
  • Referrals: 0

Feedback Score

<table width="100%" align="center" class="tborder" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tbody><tr><td align="center" class="thead">iTrader Profile</td><td align="center" class="thead">Recent Ratings</td></tr><tr><td align="left" class="alt1" valign="top"><table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tbody><tr><td>Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:</td><td>0
0%
</td></tr><tr><td>Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:</td><td>0
0</td></tr><tr><td>Total positive feedback:</td><td>0</td></tr><tr><td align="center" colspan="2">View Complete Feedbacks for adrianvip</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td align="center" class="alt1" valign="top"><table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tbody><tr><td> </td><td align="center">Past
Month</td><td align="center">Past
6 Months</td><td align="center">Past
12 Months</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2" style="padding: 1px;" colspan="4"></td></tr><tr style="color: rgb(0, 128, 0);"><td align="left"> Positive</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2" style="padding: 1px;" colspan="4"></td></tr><tr><td align="left"> Neutral</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2" style="padding: 1px;" colspan="4"></td></tr><tr style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><td align="left"> Negative</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td><td align="center">0</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 07-24-2015, 05:01 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
The sync module is located in the passenger area of the A post/Kick Panel area....you will have to drop the glove box door and you will see it to the right of the air condition box and maybe behind the TPMS/RKE module.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:21 PM
srentz
New User
Apim module

Adrianvip, I just did the same thing with my radio in a 2011 f250. The APIM module is under the dash, passenger side. Remove the entire glove box and lay down on the floor. Look for a black wire harness with a gray release handle. This is the apim canbus connector. Push the release tab in the center of the harness between the gray release handle and move the handle to release the harness. Once removed, you have to remove the connector cover to get to the wire insert ports. From the back of the connector(where the wires come in)spread the 2 small lock tabs on either side and slide the connector back out of the cover. Now just put your blue & red wires in, re-assemble and put module back in. Voila!! Your voice recognition will now work!!

Old 02-07-2020, 08:15 AM
Megan Crowder Tucker
New User
sync mod went out

Is it pretty easy to replace? our went out and we just got a quote to fix it and it was 700 bucks at the ford place

Old 03-07-2020, 01:45 PM
Dually12
New User
if you open the passenger door and remove that trim piece for the fuel reset button, you will see it there tucked in. it should be easy to pull it down if you can get your fingers in there. if anything maybe just add the wires to it then zip tie it back.