6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Splash guard recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Splash guard recommendation

WeatherTech, Husky, or ?????
FWIW: I have Husky floor mats and love them.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
well...how about for staters you tell us what truck you are installing these on.....is it an SRW or DRW??

I ordered the molded Ford splash guards and so far they are what I expected and have had no problems with them. Ford does sell on the accessories website the flat heavier anti-sail style.

But I suspect you are going to get a different opinion from most everyone who answers...

Old 07-06-2015, 07:24 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
I went with Duraflaps and couldn't be happier.
I have had them on both my 2012 F250 and 2015 F350.
Great product!
Pat

Old 07-06-2015, 07:41 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I Prefer husky over weather tech for splash guards. I think they mount/install a tad neater.

The dura flaps are well liked but they're not "invisible" like the husky and weather tech. What I mean by that is most people including myself for get their even on my truck, they are a clean look that doesn't draw your eye.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:43 PM
dmags
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have FOMOCO molded plash guards on this '14 and the last few trucks I had and can honestly say they are just ok I like the fact they are no drill.
The only issue is in the winter they do collect a lot of slush and they have rubbed some paint off the fenders. Maybe because they are so rigid? they act like scoops in a way, the slush freezes and they weigh a ton so they chafe the fender The only way I found out was I took them off my 08 and was going to install them on my 11 only to find out they would not fit because of flares A little touch up paint and it was good to go. I have not looked at the 14 to see if it rubbed off paint but my guess would be yes.I would see if I could get a softer rubber that flexed a little. other than that they could be a little wider too. They weren't too expensive and they do look good.I picked them up on e bay tons of dealers selling them They are better than nothing for sure!
Good luck on whatever you get

Old 07-06-2015, 08:19 PM
tom18287
Senior User
i bought the OEM ones, the price was right and they matched the factory plastic trim. splash guards are the cheapest mod that make the biggest difference.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:38 AM
2civicrr
Senior User
Originally Posted by ruschejj
I Prefer husky over weather tech for splash guards. I think they mount/install a tad neater.
same results for me

Old 07-07-2015, 05:22 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
I should have mentioned that they are for a 2015 Superduty Crew Cab. Single rear wheels, not a dually.
I won't be driving in much or any snow here in GA.. My main problem is rain and MUD!

Old 07-07-2015, 06:19 AM
22rimfire
Senior User
I have dura flaps on the rear, and will probably put them on the front as well. They do look more "truck like", for lack of a better term, but they are high quality,and the protection they give is excellent.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:28 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In terms of pure function I'm sure that the dura flaps are the only ones capable of keeping 90% of dirt/mud/gravel from kicking up onto the running boards in front and maybe even keep mud off the rear bumper/tailpipe. The husky ones I have only provide decent protection of the paint, running boards still get covered in good mud....

Old 07-12-2015, 03:08 PM
deker9
New User
Installed a set of Duraflap Mud Flaps today.

Front Install [Model FF 2 11]

Rear Install [Model FF 2XL 11]

Install went pretty easy. Removing the and reinstalling the rear support bracket was a little more difficult than I expected. Two rear flaps don't quite line up evenly on both sides, not quite sure why. Overall satisfied with the look and quality of the product.

Truck is a 2015 F-250 CC SB Diesel 4x4 with 20" wheels

Old 07-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Factory ones (front and rear) were already on the truck when I bought it new... They are OK and not worth it to me to change them out at the moment.

Winter slush goes everywhere anyways... I doubt a better mud flap would help much.

They are "scoop" styled and I did find myself knocking built up mud and slush off of them. We'll see time wise how well they hold up.

One thing about duraflaps, watch backing up over things, they hang down a little low and are made better than what they are bolted into. You end up ripping them off the truck causing damage to the truck. (Ask Sailor-Roy about this) It tells me that Duraflaps are made awesome, but you have to watch out.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:46 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
In terms of pure function I'm sure that the dura flaps are the only ones capable of keeping 90% of dirt/mud/gravel from kicking up onto the running boards in front and maybe even keep mud off the rear bumper/tailpipe. The husky ones I have only provide decent protection of the paint, running boards still get covered in good mud....
I like this post and have Husky on my truck. Just can't warm up to the looks of the Duraflap. Looks almost home-made to my eye. I'm sure they do a great job though.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:44 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
To aid the discussion, I have the duraflaps and am happy with them. They are certainly noticeable and simple in design but are also very functional. If I were going for style, it wouldn't be the correct product but based on how I use my truck, I need the functionality they provide.

Also, here's a live example. (No one show Crystal this photo. LOL.)

Old 07-13-2015, 09:46 PM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like my weathertech. They have a molded look that wraps around the wheelwell. No drilling.

They, with my Stromberg louvered tow guard, have kept my painted trailer from getting chipped.

Quick Reply: Splash guard recommendation