Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Wrong decal? FX4 has 4x4 Decal ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 11:57 PM
AlexWV
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wrong decal? FX4 has 4x4 Decal ...

I just picked up my 2015 XLT FX4 today. This truck came from a dealer in another part of the state so I didn't see it till it arrived here today.

The window sticker says "FX4 Off-Road Package 770.00" but the decals on the bed are "4x4" and not "FX4".

I had a look underneath and the skid plates are there. The hill descent control button is also there on the dash. I didn't know how to verify the shocks but it looks like the FX4 package is installed as advertised except for the decals.

Dealer didn't have an answer as to why they weren't FX4 when I pointed out that the the brochure and the web site both say FX4 package comes with FX4 decals.

So ... is this normal for XLT or some kind of a snafu? I was thinking maybe the FX4 decal was reserved for Lariats. Has anybody else had this?

I'm not really fussed about it, just curious. The dealer asked if I wanted the FX4 stickers. I said no since they are coming off first thing tomorrow right after the dealer plates and various crap stuck in the windows but I can imagine some people might like to have the right decals.

PS That's a pretty pricey option for basically skid plates and decals if you get max tow with locker already included. I wouldn't have ordered it but it wasn't a show stopper since this truck had everything else I wanted and didn't want.

PPS I cannot for the life of me understand why dealers do not include the 36 gal tank in every single truck they order. But no, let's not order a great option for a great price. Instead let's make sure they ALL have the perfectly useless tailgate step. At least the stripper pole arrangement has been made better and doesn't mess up the tailgate and I can pretend like it is not there. Okey doke, rant over.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:26 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
First, congrats.
Second, the 36g tank should be a no brainer. Folks in charge of retail ordering are often little more than robots going off what some think tank tells them will sell. Statistically they may be right, as I've said, not many people are willing to wait, so they are fine buying whats in stock. I've talked to some guys that have pretty good success ordering quirky stuff, and with the internet, they get alot of distance sales, or adventitious dealer trades.
As to the questions, Ford order guide shows the FX4 decal should supersede the regular box side decal, so it appears to be a mistake made somewhere along the lines. I ordered a Mustang with the racing stripe once and it came separate from the car. Perhaps the same thing happened here and someone at the dealership grabbed the wrong part number or something.
BTW, if you ask the dealership should be happy to help you take all the stickers off. When I get the vibe someone doesn't want them I offer under the guise of recycling the plates, which we do. I'd also had people ask me to put my stuff on and take another dealerships off because of how we take care of them. I'm sure the same has happened to our stuff elsewhere. To each their own.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:47 AM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 215 Likes on 181 Posts
Ours came with a "Sport 4x4" decal. Doesn't bug me too much, as I'm pealing off the decal anyway...

Old 06-26-2015, 12:44 PM
Phillip123
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Frantz gave you a good answer, only CONGRATS is left to be said!