Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:16 AM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys

Hey guys from Douglas County,
Have a 67 F-250 Ranger / Camper Special
352 , auto PS/PB 70k Original had for 20 years.
Still in the same city it was sold in 1967.
She was parked a year ago with Carb problems so looking to resolve that
and get her back on the road.

Anyways nice to be here glad there are local chapters.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:06 PM
TinyWonder
Postmaster
Howdy SaltedTrucker.

Have you joined the Oregon Chapter? If not there's a link to do so at the top of the page. It's a good group of people. I hope you do.

I won't hold the Douglas Co. thing against you. I just might poke fun at you for it from time to time.

Old 06-17-2015, 12:19 PM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
HUH Douglas County Thing ?? Lost me .. Been here about 20 years am I missing something ?

Old 06-17-2015, 12:22 PM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
PS signed up for the chapter.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:06 AM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
Hey SaltedTrucker I have approved your Chapter membership. Welcome to the group.

Old 06-18-2015, 08:20 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Welcome to the Oregon Chapter and the FTE.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:51 AM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
Glad to be here and thank you for the add, how many people in Oregon are members here in this group just wondered.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:42 PM
892504x4
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
There are a lot of FTE members that live in Oregon but only a few post in the Chapter.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 3,961 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Howdy SaltyTrucker, welcome aboard. Tiny could have been referring to me and my prior residency in Douglas County...If you have been there about 20 years, you got there just about the time I was leaving and moving back home. I lived out in Winchester when there was still a little bit of separation between there and Rsbg. Diamond Lake is still my favorite place in the state.
Don't be shy and be sure to visit the chapter. You don't have to be crazy, but it sure helps!

Old 06-18-2015, 11:51 PM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
Hi there Seabiscuit-P3 ,
I actually am very close to Winchester in the county areas between Roseburg and Winchester. I was checking and in May 1995 I came here so been exactly 20 years.
I like it here used to live in SF Bay area raised there as a kid when it was mostly orchards but it just got to busy so I moved up here were we have a few hundred family members from Medford on up to Scapoose. Diamond Lake is pretty cool did allot of Scouting over there when kids we younger I was and Asst Scout Master. Anyways the place has changed here allot in the 20 I have been here, some for the better some not. Thanks for the welcome. OH and 20 years ago was when I got the 67 Ford back then only had 35K original miles on belong to the school district as a parts runner so was low miles and maintained well.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:07 AM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
Share my rig

This was my rig two years ago at a car show, original paint

This is my rig from the car show at RiverForks 2 years ago thats original paint.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:26 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
It literally makes us sick when we go back to the "old neighborhood". Where there were 3 houses it is now an infinite number . The hills where I'd take the kids squirrel hunting behind the house now filled with houses. The cattle pastures are sub divisions. So sad. I'm thinking we got out of there just about in the nick of time. You got there right after we had moved back home.
Still have a couple of friends in the area that we visit occasionally and last summer stopped by David Denton's Roseburg Marine and bought a 15hp kicker motor from him on our way up to the lake.

Old 06-19-2015, 11:04 AM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
I hear ya, when I lived in California as said it was mostly orchards where I lived, then as I was moving the Silicone Vally boom began. Where I used to go shooting and never saw another soul all day now sits 6 Flags in SantaClara , a College, a Large Mall. And and old dairy I would ride and hour to is no CISCO ( yep that Cisco ). I fee I got out there just in time too. That and gun control laws were getting crazy another reason i left but dont want drag politics into the FTE .

Population here has been slow growing when I moved here it was 18K its not about 22K 4000 people in 20 years. At first that sounds still like allot of people but they have annexed crap loads of land. They are creeping very close to Winchester, goes east now all the way to the first big bend on Diamond Lake near the mill.
West has added maybe 400 homes in Hillcrest it now goes over the mountain there and over that road into Hillcrest now goes all the way through.
We have lost allot of jobs here and businesses that have stalled the growth.
I am happy to have a Homedept and Lowes here, but Walmart and Costco killed the small town mom and pops. Did you ever go to Caseys ? Thats still there. Mom down town closed about 10 years ago is now a Sushi Bar LOLOL. Hey ever want to know something about the area let me know.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:25 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Went to Casey's often. Wife worked for Loretta and Jim at Mom's place for a number of years and Mom's was the "hang out". Tom Tom was considered "North Precinct HQ", Wal Mart was the RHS FFA sheep pens......

I was there when 3/4 of the Mills closed, the spotted owl started a war and Jesse Jackson came to town to "save the day". Not sure what he thought he could do with a bunch of armed, PO'd, redneck loggers.......but he came to town anyway.
When they filmed the movie Fire In the Sky with Noble Willingham, James Garner, DB Sweeney and others, I managed to land a part as an extra playing an Arizona State Trooper and body guard for James Garner. Good ole days and lots of fun.
Spent just about every weekend from May through Sept. at Diamond Lake. My "weekends" were generally either Friday and Saturday or Sunday and Monday.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 PM
SaltedTrucker
Freshman User
I was wondering if you knew Marsha at Caseys she was one of our families rentals, but was there for like 10 years. I still go there often. back in the 1980's I used to stop there and Moms before I moved here. Weve had family in this town since about 1972 we were one of the last migrators here. I think we have in Roseburg alone 40 family members now here.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys