6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

New truck is home

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 09:16 AM
superdog404
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ricohman -If you look on your extended warranty you have 30 days to cancel it. There may be a charge for the cancelling but it isn't much. I think $75. I got sucked into all of the warranties by the faineance guy also. I very much dislike that guy! When I got home I looked online as many here have said and couldn't believe how much cheaper they are. It took 3 months to finally get all warranties and clear coat removed. As long as you get started before 30 days it doesn't matter how long it takes as Ford Credit will deduct the money you have already paid. That is if you finance through Ford Credit. I don't know how it works from other finance company's.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:50 AM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by superdog404
Hi Ricohman -If you look on your extended warranty you have 30 days to cancel it. There may be a charge for the cancelling but it isn't much. I think $75. I got sucked into all of the warranties by the faineance guy also. I very much dislike that guy! When I got home I looked online as many here have said and couldn't believe how much cheaper they are. It took 3 months to finally get all warranties and clear coat removed. As long as you get started before 30 days it doesn't matter how long it takes as Ford Credit will deduct the money you have already paid. That is if you finance through Ford Credit. I don't know how it works from other finance company's.
That is good to know. But Troy and others in the USA are not allowed to sell warranty to Canadians anymore. I guess they got their hands slapped by Ford a while ago.
I got the warranty for the HPFP and the turbo/exhaust as I've read these are not covered after the bumper to bumper is over in 3 years.
Any truth to this?

Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,539 Likes on 1,096 Posts
The HPFP is covered..it is part of the motor. Same with the Turbo's.

This issue is if you have water and it makes a mess of your HPFP, injectors and things. Ford won't cover water damage.

Full coverage insurance will under comprehensive.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:18 AM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on the lovely new truck. You are going to love it.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by senix
The HPFP is covered..it is part of the motor. Same with the Turbo's.

This issue is if you have water and it makes a mess of your HPFP, injectors and things. Ford won't cover water damage.

Full coverage insurance will under comprehensive.
Well, if I spent $3000 for nothing then I am going to cancel this warranty. For some reason I thought the pump, injectors, exhaust and turbo were out of warranty at 3 years and only the engine itself was covered to 160,000kms.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:07 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,539 Likes on 1,096 Posts
read the warranty supplement before deciding.

I also carry bumper to bumper with Geico myself.

Good for 7 years 100% of everything. I don't buy the extended warranties myself.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:16 AM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by senix
read the warranty supplement before deciding.

I also carry bumper to bumper with Geico myself.

Good for 7 years 100% of everything. I don't buy the extended warranties myself.
I will give it a good read tonight. I have never bought an extended warranty on anything in my life. The only reason I did this time was that these trucks are expensive to fix if they break. Dishing out 10-20K for a pump and injectors wasn't in my plan.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricohman
I brought home my new truck today. After a couple weeks of searching and haggling I am exited to get it home. I ended up not buying from one dealer and buying from another as they were able to find me the same truck without the clearance lights.
It was made in February of this year. F350 XLT XTR Plus with the FX4 Off Road package and 3.55 gears, remote start, back up camera, 5th wheel prep, tail gate step ect. They did a Line-X as it didn't have the factory bedliner.
The only thing that soured my experience was dealing with the "finance" guy. It wasn't the guy trying to sell me life insurance, paint sealant ect, it was the prices of the factory Premium warranty.
I ended up buying the 6 year/100 000km (60 000 miles) warranty for $2780 + nearly $300 in taxes. And I dickered on this price for 1/2 an hour twice telling him I will wait and shop around. The original offer was $3900 for this warranty. Then after I told him no, I would shop around, he dropped it to his cost of $2980 + $500. Then after even more haggling and me refusing to buy, he said he could cut $200 off, so $2780. I told him no and he said it was the best he could do. He then wrote up the truck without the ESP Premium warranty and at the end I told him to add it as that was the best it was going to get. And since I could finance it at 0% I wasn't paying any interest.
Man what a crappy experience. But after the bumper to bumper warranty is done, I want those expensive parts covered. What can I do? And I am a mechanic and have always told people not to buy the extended warranty.
Ok, rant is over, and I have many payments to make. Here are some pics of my new baby. I will have plenty of questions to come about the modern diesels.
I need to get my bed topper on and some husky liner mats.

Great looking truck !
You will enjoy it a lot.
Sorry to hear about the high pressure sales experience.
The dealer where I bought mine did not use those tactics.
But I think the new owners do it now.
I won't need a new vehicle for quite a while though !

Old 05-31-2015, 11:33 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,928 Likes on 1,561 Posts
Ricohman, Nice looking truck, Congratulations!!

Old 05-31-2015, 05:06 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Very nice looking truck, nice mud flaps as well, do you know what brand they are?
Look like they could be Duraflaps, great quality!
Enjoy.
Pat

Old 06-01-2015, 02:19 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Ricohman, very nice looking truck! I'm impressed every time I drive mine, even more so every time I pill with it!!!! Congrats on the truck. About to buy the warranty for mine. It's just piece of mind with all new diesels, not just Ford. Some say it is a waste, but I've blown more money that than on far more ridiculous things. I just can't let my wife know I'm buying it.....oh..but then I can tell her that it is cheaper than a '15!!!!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,182 Likes on 1,657 Posts
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Ricohman, very nice looking truck! I'm impressed every time I drive mine, even more so every time I pill with it!!!! Congrats on the truck. About to buy the warranty for mine. It's just piece of mind with all new diesels, not just Ford. Some say it is a waste, but I've blown more money that than on far more ridiculous things. I just can't let my wife know I'm buying it.....oh..but then I can tell her that it is cheaper than a '15!!!!
Wait.........Buy a 2016...............

Old 06-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,777 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricohman
I brought home my new truck today. After a couple weeks of searching and haggling I am exited to get it home. I ended up not buying from one dealer and buying from another as they were able to find me the same truck without the clearance lights.
It was made in February of this year. F350 XLT XTR Plus with the FX4 Off Road package and 3.55 gears, remote start, back up camera, 5th wheel prep, tail gate step ect. They did a Line-X as it didn't have the factory bedliner.
The only thing that soured my experience was dealing with the "finance" guy. It wasn't the guy trying to sell me life insurance, paint sealant ect, it was the prices of the factory Premium warranty.
I ended up buying the 6 year/100 000km (60 000 miles) warranty for $2780 + nearly $300 in taxes. And I dickered on this price for 1/2 an hour twice telling him I will wait and shop around. The original offer was $3900 for this warranty. Then after I told him no, I would shop around, he dropped it to his cost of $2980 + $500. Then after even more haggling and me refusing to buy, he said he could cut $200 off, so $2780. I told him no and he said it was the best he could do. He then wrote up the truck without the ESP Premium warranty and at the end I told him to add it as that was the best it was going to get. And since I could finance it at 0% I wasn't paying any interest.
Man what a crappy experience. But after the bumper to bumper warranty is done, I want those expensive parts covered. What can I do? And I am a mechanic and have always told people not to buy the extended warranty.
Ok, rant is over, and I have many payments to make. Here are some pics of my new baby. I will have plenty of questions to come about the modern diesels.
I need to get my bed topper on and some husky liner mats.

Good looking truck you have there! Hook it up to a load an prepare to be amazed! I had all of 375 miles on mine when I hooked up to my 41' Raptor! And left on a 1500 mile road trip! All I could say was.......WOW!