6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

MP3 Playback Help, Please.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 04:03 PM
jh225
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MP3 Playback Help, Please.......

So, I am not exactly tech savvy and tried to understand the owners manual with no luck.

I have the Sony system in my 2015 Platinum.

I downloaded all my MP3's I had from Amazon into my computer, then downloaded them from the computer to my Nokia Lumina 635 Windows phone.

Today I went to try and play them in the truck via Bluetooth and I could not see them at all. (phone hooks to Bluetooth all the time). I then took a USB cable and tried it. This time, it saw the songs, I played with the buttons and finally got it to open the folder and I could read the album names.

Problem with that is now I have the USB cord plugged in and can't close the "media port lid" correctly.

I can't use the SD card slot, because my Nav maps are in the slot (I'm guessing it needs to stay there?)

I thought these trucks were supposed to be able to see everything via Bluetooth, no?

1. How do I do this likely simple task?
2. Once the Sync sees the music, shouldn't it store it into memory?

Help................

Old 05-23-2015, 05:14 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Can't help with the mp3, but I loaded all my music from mycomputer to a usb flash drive and every thing works great off the usb port including the song name and artist on the screen.

Old 05-23-2015, 05:53 PM
jh225
Elder User
Originally Posted by 69cj
Can't help with the mp3, but I loaded all my music from mycomputer to a usb flash drive and every thing works great off the usb port including the song name and artist on the screen.

That's a good idea and easy to do, so thanks but I know people play the music on their phones in their trucks. I just don't know how (then again, I don't know what half the crap in these high end systems do )

Anyone else?

Old 05-24-2015, 04:20 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
High capacity flash drives are fairly cheap these days, so I too put all of my songs onto a flash drive and I leave it plugged into my USB port. I have "accidentally" played music from my phone through Bluetooth, but it didn't display anything. Since I hadn't intended to play music from my phone, I didn't investigate further. Below is what I use.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 32GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive Up To 130MB/s Read- SDCZ43-032G-G46: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra Fit™ CZ43 32GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive Up To 130MB/s Read- SDCZ43-032G-G46: Computers & Accessories

Old 05-24-2015, 06:40 AM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
I presume that you have paired the Bluetooth phone to the Ford and you can make and receive calls via the ford's Bluetooth speaker/mike. If you have paired more than one phone and both are in the ford at the same time at startup, the songs must be on the one you identified to your Ford as your favorite.

Once you have the active link, scroll through the entertainment input options (AM, FM, SAT, CD) keep scrolling down to a second page and you will see Bluetooth (abbreviated). Tap that and Ford will say connecting to phone.

Ford should then start the default media player on your phone and start playing songs. You can control songs on your phone once connected, but the point is to let you do it via the ford screen. How well this works depends upon the mfg and age of your phone and its operating system. Some devices just don’t work very well.

There are holders for SD cards that will fit into the two USB slots next to the nav SD slot. A new micro usb drive us probably cheaper and better (reads much faster, with less chance of corruprion) than using a very old sd card and adapter.

Yes, the nav sd card must remain in that slot. Not sure that slot will even function as media input.

So if you put songs on usb thumb drive, you scroll back through media source (AM, FM, rtv) and pick USB, and away it goes. If your pc software does not load album covers with songs, then no artwork will show up on the ford.

Originally Posted by jh225
So, I am not exactly tech savvy and tried to understand the owners manual with no luck.

I have the Sony system in my 2015 Platinum.

I downloaded all my MP3's I had from Amazon into my computer, then downloaded them from the computer to my Nokia Lumina 635 Windows phone.

Today I went to try and play them in the truck via Bluetooth and I could not see them at all. (phone hooks to Bluetooth all the time). I then took a USB cable and tried it. This time, it saw the songs, I played with the buttons and finally got it to open the folder and I could read the album names.

Problem with that is now I have the USB cord plugged in and can't close the "media port lid" correctly.

I can't use the SD card slot, because my Nav maps are in the slot (I'm guessing it needs to stay there?)

I thought these trucks were supposed to be able to see everything via Bluetooth, no?

1. How do I do this likely simple task?
2. Once the Sync sees the music, shouldn't it store it into memory?

Help................

Old 05-24-2015, 03:25 PM
jh225
Elder User
OK, so I figured out the bluetooth.

Once you touch the blutooth button in media, it finds the phone. You then have to go into the media app on the phone and start it. Once that is done, you can pick and choose via the sync buttons or the phone. It also picks up right where it left off when you shut the truck and restart it.

I like the idea of a micro sd card into the usb port too. Didn't know they made something like that.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:32 PM
RickBraden
Tuned

Originally Posted by JohnD333
I presume that you have paired the Bluetooth phone to the Ford and you can make and receive calls via the ford's Bluetooth speaker/mike. If you have paired more than one phone and both are in the ford at the same time at startup, the songs must be on the one you identified to your Ford as your favorite.

Once you have the active link, scroll through the entertainment input options (AM, FM, SAT, CD) keep scrolling down to a second page and you will see Bluetooth (abbreviated). Tap that and Ford will say connecting to phone.

Ford should then start the default media player on your phone and start playing songs. You can control songs on your phone once connected, but the point is to let you do it via the ford screen. How well this works depends upon the mfg and age of your phone and its operating system. Some devices just don’t work very well.

There are holders for SD cards that will fit into the two USB slots next to the nav SD slot. A new micro usb drive us probably cheaper and better (reads much faster, with less chance of corruprion) than using a very old sd card and adapter.

Yes, the nav sd card must remain in that slot. Not sure that slot will even function as media input.

So if you put songs on usb thumb drive, you scroll back through media source (AM, FM, rtv) and pick USB, and away it goes. If your pc software does not load album covers with songs, then no artwork will show up on the ford.
Thank you JohnD333. I tried to play Pandora through my new truck & figured it couldn't be done. Followed your instructions & I'm smiling big time now.