Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon or Bakflip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hula1589
Two questions how hail resistant are the Peragons I have a 2019 CCLB F350 on order and it doesn't fit in the garage and we tend to get some hail storms here in eastern New Mexico and second question is what type of forum discount does Paragon offer? I have had Truexdo low pros on all my trucks and recently have been having problems with the hook and loop(velcro) not working and telling off on my current one. Customer service with them sucked so looking for a hard cover thats easy to operate.
Thank you for considering a Peragon bed cover for your new truck - nice rig! I just sent you a PM with details on our forum member bonus offer.

Our aluminum panels are as dent resistant or more so than the body panels on your F-350. Meaning, if your truck is in hail large enough to damage your Peragon bed cover, your truck will likely be your primary concern.

Thanks! - Heath

Old 09-10-2018, 10:47 PM
JetMechJoe
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went with a bakflip mx4 for my 18 f250 and was shocked at how many defects it had (lack of qc at the factory level) when i unboxed and installed it. Good thing is that they are sending me another cover to replace this one after sending them photos of all the issues i found with it. I do like how it looks but it leaks quite a bit at the tailgate and at all four corners. Im hoping the replacement turns out better

Old 09-12-2018, 11:53 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
I don't know of ANY bedcovers that are waterPROOF ! Many are water-resistant.... Was that the only thing wrong with it?

Old 09-14-2018, 02:57 PM
JetMechJoe
Junior User
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I don't know of ANY bedcovers that are waterPROOF ! Many are water-resistant.... Was that the only thing wrong with it?
Water leaks mentioned above are the least of my concerns. We just had a heavy rain storm the other day and one of the middle seams leaks as well which should not leak. I can understand the corner or the tailgate area, but a middle seam is not excusable. The seals on a couple of corners are not cut straight/are to long/do not stick to the cover, one of the hold-down holes is drilled at an angle which caused excessive aluminum shavings to get lodged on the cover when it was packed. This caused scratchs, cuts, and gouges on the outer seal of the cover along a section. The sliding bracket that the hold open rods slide into, cannot slide far enough due to pop rivets not being installed properly (they are not flush on the mounting surface and impede the sliding bracket from traveling far enough). Overall this cover was put together by an idiot. I think I can show my 17month old son how to put this thing together better. If I were bakflip, I would be embarrassed if this left my factory no matter the price. The only positive point is they are sending me a replacement cover, but im not holding my breath on that one passing a typical QC inspection... But hey it looks good installed (from a few feet away)

Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Sportscape
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
My first cover from BAK was similar to how you explained yours to be. It looked nice but the "hinges" were miss cut and leaked like a sieve. My dealer had to fight for a replacement, they sent a second or a reject. The panels are convex every screw was crooked as you described. Now when it rains or I wash it the water puddles and just drips through the seams,also the color faded within a year. The nice guy at BAK told me that the guarantee doesn't cover leaks, paint, or quality issues, he hung up when I asked what it did cover. Bottom line I wish you luck, but I tell everyone to look elsewhere.

Old 09-16-2018, 03:42 PM
JetMechJoe
Junior User
^ sorry to hear that. Im not sure how any other business would push "their" (bakflips) products out of their own showrooms to customers. I wouldnt sell that garbage if i were running any type of truck apparal business.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Wassup8687
Freshman User
I bought one for my 2018 6.5' bed.

The cover was easy to install and taking it off to have full bed coverage is very easy to do. I don't get any noise from the cover.

I'd highly recommend Peragon. They really know how to treat their customers.

Old 09-21-2018, 02:36 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Originally Posted by Wassup8687
I

The cover was easy to install and taking it off to have full bed coverage is very easy to do. I don't get any noise from the cover.

I'd highly recommend Peragon. They really know how to treat their customers.
I concur ............

Old 02-27-2019, 12:49 AM
ruger9mm
3rd Gear
Hello All,

Well I just purchased a 2019 F-350 Lariat yesterday and almost purchased the tonneau cover from the dealer.. But I'm sure glad I didn't after reading what you all had to say about the BakFlip cover and the Peragon cover.. I never even heard about the Peragon and checking out the website I think I'm going to go with them instead. Are there still any special offers... I like the no drill install.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:36 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ruger9mm
Hello All,

Well I just purchased a 2019 F-350 Lariat yesterday and almost purchased the tonneau cover from the dealer.. But I'm sure glad I didn't after reading what you all had to say about the BakFlip cover and the Peragon cover.. I never even heard about the Peragon and checking out the website I think I'm going to go with them instead. Are there still any special offers... I like the no drill install.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your sweet new truck! I appreciate that you are considering a Peragon cover to complete it.

We do have a special offer for forum members. If you email our team at sales@peragon.com with the name of this forum and your member name, they will enter your email address to receive the forum offer code. You could also order by phone and provide the same information during that process to have the offer applied to your order.

Thank you! - Heath

Old 02-28-2019, 04:31 PM
DrFunk
New User
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I concur ............

I also fully "concur" !

Heath @ Peragon is great and the product is really good.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:21 PM
Joe Choi
New User
$$

With being on a fixed budget (kids = $$$ and currently in between employment) I am curious if the discounts make a dent into the overall cost or the peragon. Been looking at it for years now and since I have the time to install, I want to bite the bullet and go for the purchase now. I know I really need to have some kind of security as some of my tools and my kids bike was stolen while sitting in my private driveway in NYC.

Now with spending money on the stolen items, I need to try and prevent the same thing from happening.

I know it might not be allowed to post details on the forum but anyone with some feedback and info can email me at joechoi74@gmail.com. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question.

Old 03-28-2019, 02:24 PM
Wassup8687
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Joe Choi
With being on a fixed budget (kids = $$$ and currently in between employment) I am curious if the discounts make a dent into the overall cost or the peragon. Been looking at it for years now and since I have the time to install, I want to bite the bullet and go for the purchase now. I know I really need to have some kind of security as some of my tools and my kids bike was stolen while sitting in my private driveway in NYC.

Now with spending money on the stolen items, I need to try and prevent the same thing from happening.

I know it might not be allowed to post details on the forum but anyone with some feedback and info can email me at joechoi74@gmail.com. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my question.
Just give them a call and they'll share their current discount. I was happy with my discount.

Old 03-30-2019, 02:44 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

As far as security goes the lid DOES have a lock but you know the saying. A lock keeps honest people honest ! They would have to break the lid to enter the bed.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:38 AM
67_4_ME
Laughing Gas
Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts
I've had my Peragon cover for about 3 months now. I can report that it works as advertised and the quality is excellent. I found out about Peragon on this forum, glad I did.

Quick Reply: Peragon or Bakflip?