1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

One step too far shortening a bed

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 07:03 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 621 Likes on 331 Posts
One step too far shortening a bed

This one looks like it started life as an F2 or perhaps an F3.
Aside from the starting price as an obstacle I sure hope that someone can salvage some of this.

I'm not putting down the truck, we have all done some crazy things in our lives, but hopefully anyone else getting an idea to cut down an 8-foot bed can get a visual of what it would look like only two feet long.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1951-ford-truck-rat-rod-project-/271832204542?hash=item3f4a7644fe&vxp=mtr

Old 04-08-2015, 07:20 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Yeah, well - could be worse - could have hacked up the cab. This way there's some parts value.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:05 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 251 Likes on 159 Posts
Some people should not be allowed near tools.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Ibuildmyown
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When good cabs are so hard to find , What a waste. Should have used a chebublet, would of been less of a loss .

Old 04-08-2015, 10:29 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 613 Likes on 380 Posts
I'm guessing the driveshaft is about a foot and a half long. Must carry spare u-joints in the glove compartment.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:12 AM
pweng1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Whats worst is he will probably ruin a good bed and tail gate on it

Old 04-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Jafo56
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
I never knew ford made a stubby!!!! I agree with raytasch some people should not be allowed near tools!!

Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,640 Likes on 1,470 Posts
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!

Old 04-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
My first thought (other than how to control my nausea) was that the original bed was so rusted out that he cut out the rust and welded what was left back together to make this atrocity.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Jafo56
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Do these people actually breed and have offspring? I looked at it again it's still craptacular!!!!

Old 04-10-2015, 04:41 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They are called bobber trucks and it's a fad. Most of them are fenderless and on a pretty long wheelbase with front tires way out past where the grill normally is. If you cruise the ratrod sites like Killbillet, you'll see every manner of butchery along these lines.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:50 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
With all the abominations we all have seen - with all the unspeakable atrocities imposed on undeserving, otherwise honorable survivors - it is time for a real solution to this ongoing ironocide.

I propose that each metro area create a demo rat rod with all the usual features: zero road clearance, non-existent suspension, deafening exhaust, impossible sight lines, and the interior comfort of a wearable regional jet. Each prospective builder would be required to drive, yes drive, said demo for no less than 3 hours on regular roads. During the trip, the wanna be ratter would be accompanied by a female relative who will be co-funding the proposed project. The test will be reduced to 30 minutes if the spouse is the rider. Neither will be allowed any PPE and both will be fully aware of the full costs - time and money - of the build. The rider may not be medically desensitized.

If, after the trip, the wanna be rodder has the continuing ability to pursue the construction of the most ill-conceived, safety ignorant, resource wasteful vehicles known, the rider will be given the standard field sobriety test with the driver receiving the NFL concussion protocol. Failure of either test will discontinue all discussion of the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Those that pass will be sworn in as state legislators, with the most brain dead immediately promoted into Congressional seats. Either that or they will be shown something shiny.

The materials for any new rat rods will be provided from the hulks remaining from Jaws of Life demonstrations. Attempts to use vintage iron will result in the builder being restrained during a forced viewing of all ''Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" episodes until they are fully rehabed for release back to society.

So, who's in?

Old 04-10-2015, 10:55 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FortyNiner
With all the abominations we all have seen - with all the unspeakable atrocities imposed on undeserving, otherwise honorable survivors - it is time for a real solution to this ongoing ironocide.

I propose that each metro area create a demo rat rod with all the usual features: zero road clearance, non-existent suspension, deafening exhaust, impossible sight lines, and the interior comfort of a wearable regional jet. Each prospective builder would be required to drive, yes drive, said demo for no less than 3 hours on regular roads. During the trip, the wanna be ratter would be accompanied by a female relative who will be co-funding the proposed project. The test will be reduced to 30 minutes if the spouse is the rider. Neither will be allowed any PPE and both will be fully aware of the full costs - time and money - of the build. The rider may not be medically desensitized.

If, after the trip, the wanna be rodder has the continuing ability to pursue the construction of the most ill-conceived, safety ignorant, resource wasteful vehicles known, the rider will be given the standard field sobriety test with the driver receiving the NFL concussion protocol. Failure of either test will discontinue all discussion of the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Those that pass will be sworn in as state legislators, with the most brain dead immediately promoted into Congressional seats. Either that or they will be shown something shiny.

The materials for any new rat rods will be provided from the hulks remaining from Jaws of Life demonstrations. Attempts to use vintage iron will result in the builder being restrained during a forced viewing of all ''Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" episodes until they are fully rehabed for release back to society.

So, who's in?

Now that is funny as hell!

Reps heading your way!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:01 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 224 Likes on 182 Posts

So, who's in?
This is beyond brilliant.......Reps are on there way, my friend!!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Those that pass will be sworn in as state legislators, with the most brain dead immediately promoted into Congressional seats. Either that or they will be shown something shiny.
I literally laughed out loud!

But isn't that the current method of selecting legislators?

Quick Reply: One step too far shortening a bed