1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Vacuum lines sections missing_need info how they connected

Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM
PEG
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum lines sections missing_need info how they connected

Edited Mar 6.
Rats / squirrel apparently chewed some of the vacuum lines on top of engine (see pics).

** Most important, where does the white "mini" line go, once it disappears - down - between engine & firewall (item #3 in pic) - on passenger side?
** If I can't find where the white line goes (to LEFT side of image), all bets are off.

I can't see that it continues (at all), once it makes the turn down - between engine & firewall. Nor find a loose end under the truck.
In the 1st pic, you see the sheathing (black) around the white line, where it goes to the left of pic, then turns down between engine & FW.

When I gently pulled that section, there was only 6 - 8" of the white line (inside the sheathing) that went behind the engine.
The sheathing also stops - a few inches after it runs down - between engine & FW. From underneath, I can see the end of sheathing - between engine & FW, but not anything under there w/ the broken end still attached.

Possibly? that white line (& sheathing) didn't originally go down between the engine & FW? If it went somewhere on top, then broke, then fell down the back of engine, I can't find the other end attached to anything on engine's top side.

The vacuum line diagram pic I added, mentions a "vent."

1) Need to know how exactly they connected, if a TEE(s) was there (now missing)?

2) How the white vac line's 3 loose ends all connected?

3) [Edit: Answered: they do have barbs.] If this vacuum line has "special" ends - where shown fitting into the 3 - hole rubber tube, attached to air intake (point # 2 in pic).
Thanks.

Last edited by PEG; 03-06-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Add images, more details
Old 03-08-2015, 10:30 AM
enriched&beyound
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
you might try searching fordparts .com
they should have the vacuum diagram

Old 05-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Enav
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rats in my engine bay

[QUOTE=PEG;15152474]Edited Mar 6.
Rats / squirrel apparently chewed some of the vacuum lines on top of engine (see pics).

** Most important, where does the white "mini" line go, once it disappears - down - between engine & firewall (item #3 in pic) - on passenger side?
** If I can't find where the white line goes (to LEFT side of image), all bets are off.

I can't see that it continues (at all), once it makes the turn down - between engine & firewall. Nor find a loose end under the truck.
In the 1st pic, you see the sheathing (black) around the white line, where it goes to the left of pic, then turns down between engine & FW.

When I gently pulled that section, there was only 6 - 8" of the white line (inside the sheathing) that went behind the engine.
The sheathing also stops - a few inches after it runs down - between engine & FW. From underneath, I can see the end of sheathing - between engine & FW, but not anything under there w/ the broken end still attached.

Possibly? that white line (& sheathing) didn't originally go down between the engine & FW? If it went somewhere on top, then broke, then fell down the back of engine, I can't find the other end attached to anything on engine's top side.

The vacuum line diagram pic I added, mentions a "vent."

1) Need to know how exactly they connected, if a TEE(s) was there (now missing)?

2) How the white vac line's 3 loose ends all connected?

3) [[U]Edit: Answered: they do have barbs.] If this vacuum line has "special" ends - where shown fitting into the 3 - hole rubber tube, attached to air intake (point # 2 in pic).
Thanks.

If yours is same as my 2000 the red and white go to the connector you marked as #2. The rats ate MY #2 and I am trying to find that replacement vacuum collector (3 into 1, to throttle body).
Anyone know that part number?

Old 05-28-2019, 10:29 AM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
Go to a junk yard and look for a truck with the same engine and vacuum line set up and get the whole assembly.
You learn where they go and what may be missing and have it over with.
Take photos enough to look at when you install the lines on your truck.
Good luck.