Dumping my no-name chip!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 03:21 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Dyno proven has crappy hold music
haha, Vivian (sp) usually answers the phone. Jonathan's wife Cassie is also good to talk to about tunes. Jonathan is about impossible to get on the phone.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:33 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A buddy of mine who owns a shop in Ct. Swears by Dyno Proven, i think depending on what Bill has to say ill prob try PHP this next go round. I did read that link you posted earlier today Glenn, makes sense to have some data to provide about your particular truck... I got my autometer steering column gauge mount for an AI, i just havent bought it yet... Guess I should get on that...

Old 02-02-2015, 06:46 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by coreyallan01
A buddy of mine who owns a shop in Ct. Swears by Dyno Proven, i think depending on what Bill has to say ill prob try PHP this next go round. I did read that link you posted earlier today Glenn, makes sense to have some data to provide about your particular truck... I got my autometer steering column gauge mount for an AI, i just havent bought it yet... Guess I should get on that...
I can imagine what Bill has to say, LOL The problem with AI, which I also have, is that you can't data log with it.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
I can imagine what Bill has to say, LOL The problem with AI, which I also have, is that you can't data log with it.
Yeah, i know. Id have to dictate or write it down..

Old 02-02-2015, 08:36 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by coreyallan01
Yeah, i know. Id have to dictate or write it down..
I thought about that also and discussed it with dyno proven. Problem is, it seems like they prefer a WOT run. Unless you have a passenger with you to maybe film the data, there is no way you could write it down and stay between the lines. The data goes by and changes REAL fast. You can set the AI to record all seven events but it takes time to change from screen to screen in multiple's of two's.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:16 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think he's talking about me . I think he means Bill from PHP.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:58 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glenn, is there a way to secure your laptop while you are driving? I'm thinking you might have jiggled the USB cord, and disconnected the scan tool.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:38 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

To many Bill's, just like there are to many Mike's in my Family, LOL

That's possible John, I might have bumped it. I think maybe next week I'll try again.

Old 02-05-2015, 04:28 PM
compaddict
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
On it's way!

Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
haha, Vivian (sp) usually answers the phone. Jonathan's wife Cassie is also good to talk to about tunes. Jonathan is about impossible to get on the phone.
That dude wouldn't get a nickel of my hard earned money. Dyno proven my a$$.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:51 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by tshrager
That dude wouldn't get a nickel of my hard earned money. Dyno proven my a$$.
Yea but its free for him!!! Lol

Old 02-06-2015, 09:49 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

I feel the same way Todd but it so happens that out of three tuners, his is the best. I have a TW chip, a gearhead chip and dyno proven chip and Jonathan's is by far the best! Like I said in another post, what am I suppose to do, drive across country with a inferior chip out of protest of what Jonathan did to one of ours? Tony's blows smoke all over the country, shift points are way to low and the cruise is to jerky because the throttle response is set to high. I sent it in three times for a reburn, all he did was take it out of my box, put it in another box and send it back to me without doing anything. The gearhead tunes have the heavy tow tune set up as stock tune??????? The other ones are worthless. Jonathan's shift points are perfect, smoke is minimal, power is good. How many guys on here have three TS chips and three tuners?

Just thought you would like to know Todd, I understand perfectly what you are saying and I just tried to explain where I'm not on this subject. Like Aaron said, its all free with Jonathan because of past dealings with Ryan Bean but that's another story!

Old 02-06-2015, 10:12 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Instead of editing my last post, I thought I should mention this. Travis recommended Barder Turbo to redo my turbo to help with EGT's. After he worked on it he called me and told me that its unusual to see a turbo as clean as mine was after 10K miles of pulling heavy. First thing out of my mouth was, is it burning to lean? He said no, its perfect. When I mentioned that to Jonathan, he said he would take that as a compliment!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:21 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I feel the same way Todd but it so happens that out of three tuners, his is the best. I have a TW chip, a gearhead chip and dyno proven chip and Jonathan's is by far the best! Like I said in another post, what am I suppose to do, drive across country with a inferior chip out of protest of what Jonathan did to one of ours? Tony's blows smoke all over the country, shift points are way to low and the cruise is to jerky because the throttle response is set to high. I sent it in three times for a reburn, all he did was take it out of my box, put it in another box and send it back to me without doing anything. The gearhead tunes have the heavy tow tune set up as stock tune??????? The other ones are worthless. Jonathan's shift points are perfect, smoke is minimal, power is good. How many guys on here have three TS chips and three tuners?

Just thought you would like to know Todd, I understand perfectly what you are saying and I just tried to explain where I'm not on this subject. Like Aaron said, its all free with Jonathan because of past dealings with Ryan Bean but that's another story!
Glenn, I by no means fault anyone for who they want to do business with. That's fantastic that his tunes run the mare so well. Maybe the guy is the end all be all of tuning, but my personal experience was with a bumbling idiot. Hell his drag truck wasnt even impressive. I actually have a much bigger issue with a different tuner than Jonathon. But, that horse has been beaten long ago. I'm assuming that the guys that have met me on here can vouch that I'm not an unreasonable person. Lol.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:25 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
I hope my guy does good. He seems to be confident..and one of "us" kind of guy. We shall see

Quick Reply: Dumping my no-name chip!