6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

myford touch navigation upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:44 AM
fobaum
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myford touch navigation upgrade

Just wanted to share experience. After buying a new '15 f350 lariat w/ lariat interior package back in Aug. I couldn't beleave ford didn't have a nav. upgrade post purchase. after hours of research on different web sites, forums etc.. everything i read even ford reps. said you COULD NOT add factory Nav. and it had to be added at the time the truck was built. I found after market kits but they DID NOT work like factory nav. period so every month I would check online hoping somebody would figure out how reprogram or whatever. around the middle Dec. I found 4d tech.com could not be happier best Christmas present ever from me to me of coarse
Anyways I'm posting this to help anyone else who was as frustrated as I was.
,Forrest P.S. 4D Tech, Inc. | Ford Navigation Upgrade Kits and Accessories costumer service was great.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:00 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks sweet!

Old 01-16-2015, 02:36 PM
jh225
Elder User
Looks interesting, BUT........what would happen to the factory warranty for the NAV/Camera/etc should something go wrong?

Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 PM
MPD56
Elder User
I paid for the Ford Nav in three 2013 Ford vehicles and give up on them and use a Garmin. Can't believe that Ford doesn't upgrade the software and maps. Dealer has been telling me for 2 years that soon, anyday and Microsoft is working on it. Now wonder people are trying to hack it.

FYI:
The Canadian dealer showed me how Mytouch worked on a new vehicles and when the USA subscription ran out on mine, the Canadian subscriptions lose most of the features.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:19 PM
fobaum
New User
The maps should be updated more often , it show my house at the end of my street im in the middle I love the voice activated aspect of it, and the travel link. I still dont understand why you can have a $100 cell phone do so much more?? id love to have google or bing maps navigation system in my truck.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Georgia46
New User
Has anyone purchase the 2015 Ford Navigation Update DVD? What site did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks

Old 03-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
There is an update for the 2015 Ford's - Already?

I agree fobaum - but what I like about built in NAVs is that they are always on, ready to go and someone calling you doesn't stop the MAP from working.

Old 03-15-2015, 04:59 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Georgia46
Has anyone purchase the 2015 Ford Navigation Update DVD? What site did you use and what was your experience?
Thanks
Hi Georgia46,

Ford navigation updates are created and provided by a company called HERE. You can select the make, model, and year of your vehicle to see if any updates are available for your truck. Here is their website: GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

Kim

Old 03-16-2015, 04:04 AM
bkuuz1
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Just thought I would mention a lot of people are now putting in the dash iPads. iPads will synch with a BT deck, phones, back up cameras, etc. It is my understanding that even the factory steering wheel controls will control them also. I do not have personal experience with the set up but there is a lot of Youtube Videos on it.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:16 AM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Georgia46
Thanks
The 2013 and newer Ford Nav systems do not use a DVD. In fact, the only disc the radio will play is a CD. We do not have a dash mounted DVD player now. The maps are on an SD card in the dash compartment where the RCA and USB plugs are located.

The current map is A5 for USA and Canada or B5 for USA and Mexico.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bkuuz1
Just thought I would mention a lot of people are now putting in the dash iPads. iPads will synch with a BT deck, phones, back up cameras, etc. It is my understanding that even the factory steering wheel controls will control them also. I do not have personal experience with the set up but there is a lot of Youtube Videos on it.
Now THIS I am interested in... Any more info???

I gave up on factory Nav because the interface seems to be continually changing from one model year to the next as they "refine" it... Maybe I'm too old, but the more they refine it the more screwed up it gets...
Give me an interface and stick with it..

Old 03-16-2015, 07:02 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi Georgia46,

Ford navigation updates are created and provided by a company called HERE. You can select the make, model, and year of your vehicle to see if any updates are available for your truck. Here is their website: GPS Navigation System | HERE | Navigation.com

Kim
Thanks for the link, and for being here, Kim!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:59 PM
ngng
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi Georgia46,

Kim
Kind of absurd we have to pay for map updates in 2015...especially when companies like Garmin offer lifetime maps and mobile phones have up to date mapping services like Google and Apple.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Glittle
Senior User
I'm thinking of just going with the Canopener just to be able to toggle the camera when needed. Hmmmm, I might just add a front camera too....

Old 03-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
2015's have the newest maps. (A5). Heck I even used the site to check on my 2013 Chevy and it has the newest maps.

What I like about iPad, assuming you have cell data is that you can get "free" updates and as they occur. I use Waze a lot on my phone and when I find a messed up road, I fix it, and wouldn't you know it, typically by the next day the change has been made for EVERYONE...

I may look into the iPad dash stuff for my next vehicle and not pay the $2k+ for the Nav radio in the car. That savings should cover the iPad and a few years of data service... Ohh and if you don't want to have cell data in the car - there are nav apps that you can download the maps and store them. It's just that I figured why not set it up for live traffic and weather conditions too.

So as much as I like my built in NAV radio... It is starting to feel like limited tech in the car. And I agree with Big-Foot here. Seems like the upgraded interfaces keep getting worse too. (Not just a Ford issue either)

Quick Reply: myford touch navigation upgrade