Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

How to post to oilburners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM
waystro
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to post to oilburners?

Well I signed up for Oilburners like 2 months ago and I still haven't received my activation email in loges in and tried to send Agnem a pm but it says I don't have permission. Oilburners is supposed to be the biggest IDI forum but it seems like the Moderators on oilburners just don't give a #%^**

Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oilburners is a farce... Make FTE the biggest and best by posting here.... By far less fascistic and open. I know there are a lot of big names here in the IDI forum big over there as well, but it really doesn't matter. OBN is searchable, even if you cant participate in the conversation, besides maybe one person, I know that better than anybody...

If they wont let you join, let them fail at the hands of themselves...

Old 09-15-2014, 10:23 PM
waystro
Senior User
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin
Oilburners is a farce... Make FTE the biggest and best by posting here.... By far less fascistic and open. I know there are a lot of big names here in the IDI forum big over there as well, but it really doesn't matter. OBN is searchable, even if you cant participate in the conversation, besides maybe one person, I know that better than anybody...

If they wont let you join, let them fail at the hands of themselves...
Yeah i got the activation email. I posted an question. i hear that Oilburners is the place to go for idi's but I was not impressed.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:49 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Oilburners is great for straight-up tech. There are a lot of guys there (As well as here) That know their stuff as far as down to earth specs go. However, OBN has a very closed mindset, if you prod around the edges too much, youll find youself left out, and in the case of myself, who is a stubborn "****" that is not afraid to let the turds fly, banned.

That being said, A message board is nothing but a conglomeration of like minds to bring the facts to the surface, and when You have a board like FTE that has excellent mods and excellent contributors, there is no reason to give reverence to a place like OBN that limits opinions to a certain clique.... I left that place and never looked back.

What does that say about the "so called" biggest IDI forum?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:29 AM
genscripter
Cargo Master
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
While I think FTE is better than Oilburners, most of the FTE sub-forums are run by jags and their members are jerks. Luckily, the IDI FTE forum is the best, and it has the most supportive and creative members. I often forget how awesome the IDI group is, with a variety of guys doing all sorts of eco-, performance-, and technical-mods. Rarely do senior IDI members chastise others doing things outside their comfort zone.

I dread posting to the FTE Econoline section. They are a-holes. For some reason, owning a gasser Ford van makes a person jaded and grumpy.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
What I like about Oil Burners is the ability to see the same question, asked by the same guy, and getting the same answers (often by the same guys), over there as well as here.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Chevy_Eater
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by genscripter
While I think FTE is better than Oilburners, most of the FTE sub-forums are run by jags and their members are jerks. Luckily, the IDI FTE forum is the best, and it has the most supportive and creative members. I often forget how awesome the IDI group is, with a variety of guys doing all sorts of eco-, performance-, and technical-mods. Rarely do senior IDI members chastise others doing things outside their comfort zone.

That's true, I have reservations about FTE myself although it has improved since a certain someone sold out and jumped ship. But the IDI forum is and always has been the best.

I dread posting to the FTE Econoline section. They are a-holes. For some reason, owning a gasser Ford van makes a person jaded and grumpy.
That's understandable.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:15 AM
kla94
Logistics Pro
Received 130 Likes on 59 Posts
I agree. I posted a pic on oilburners and got many comments on how I didn't do something the way they done it. There's just a much better atmosphere here. I have posted in another FTE section and they didn't act like they cared. Granted, I'm not looking for new friends and I'm not crying over not being accepted, guess all of you guys here on the IDI forum spoiled me!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 AM
waystro
Senior User
Originally Posted by RacinNdrummin
Oilburners is great for straight-up tech. There are a lot of guys there (As well as here) That know their stuff as far as down to earth specs go. However, OBN has a very closed mindset, if you prod around the edges too much, youll find youself left out, and in the case of myself, who is a stubborn "****" that is not afraid to let the turds fly, banned.

That being said, A message board is nothing but a conglomeration of like minds to bring the facts to the surface, and when You have a board like FTE that has excellent mods and excellent contributors, there is no reason to give reverence to a place like OBN that limits opinions to a certain clique.... I left that place and never looked back.

What does that say about the "so called" biggest IDI forum?
Yeah I agree. FTE is a more laid back community and seems to be more knowledgeable Folks over here. I posted the same thread about my truck wandering over there and I got some good answers but I left after reading an Tech article from Agnem I think it was about turning the Ip up? He said that you would see black or brown smoke. I have never seen Brown smoke from my truck or my Diesel equipment. Maybe it was a typo

Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 AM
waystro
Senior User

Yeah back when I was new to these trucks( and didn't know there was a 6.9 section) I was posting in the 80-87 forum don't know what it's called. There's a guy called CtbCurtis I think that's his forum name that guy was an comJerk (for lack of better word)

Old 09-16-2014, 12:59 PM
RacinNdrummin
Postmaster
Before I was into IDI's, I was a smallblock guy, and I used to get into arguments all over this place, especially with the 4.9 guys... I guess you could say I was one of those "types" you guys are talking about above...... That being said, the other forums on FTE lend themselves to it, the IDI forum is a much better place.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:18 PM
sjwelds
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well for myself I can say I'm a member on both places. I have received help from both sources, and possibly (dare I say it) more from OBN.

My opinion is, if you have a problem, the more guys that can help you out, the better. No one is forcing you to like what you read on either place, and neither do you have to do what anyone says. It's your truck, after all. If you want to blow it up, go ahead! LOL

Old 09-16-2014, 04:18 PM
brokeasajoke
More Turbo
Agree with sherwin. Lots of good tech on obn. Never hurts to post on both. You have to sift through bs in everything sometimes. I quit posting in the 87 up on fte. All i get for an answer up there is pull codes when i know for a fact that has nothing to do with anything.
Ps. '96 4.9 Still fighting no spark on hot shut down on hot day. Starts right up after it cools for 30min. Nope not the module on fender.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:26 AM
airdale94
Tuned
Originally Posted by waystro
Well I signed up for Oilburners like 2 months ago and I still haven't received my activation email in loges in and tried to send Agnem a pm but it says I don't have permission.
Same thing happened to me. You just have to re-register. I'm SearsMech over there. Once you get your account, you'll find you have 2 accounts.