New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a "deal??"

1965 Ford F150 Truck

Old 09-02-2014, 06:51 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great deal right there. I like how he makes it sound great at first but then gos on and on with more bad news on it. Sounds like there's not much left usable on the truck. And how do you get ahold of him with his contact info says "Please, no phone calls, emails or texts" Spam?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 AM
PapaMatt
Senior User
Wow, I assume that is someone that has been trying to buy a slick and is frustrated with people wanting $8k for their rustbucket that leaks from every orifice so he put that up as a joke.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:34 PM
likalarry
Senior User
I agree. He's poking fun at Craigslist dreamer ads. "it might not start after sitting for 40 years ". Well done!

Larry

Old 09-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Shadowrider123
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I sent a reply and told him its just what Im looking for and asked him if it has a CD player.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:02 PM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ CD player? Get with the time DVD player

Old 09-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Conserv
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PapaMatt
Wow, I assume that is someone that has been trying to buy a slick and is frustrated with people wanting $8k for their rustbucket that leaks from every orifice so he put that up as a joke.
I also agree!

Steve

Old 09-02-2014, 08:10 PM
ihcc104
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you think its a hoax or legit?!? Lmao, some people just think they have goldmines; it does get frustrating I ran into that then I bought my 64. Oh well at least someone has a sense of humor.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
"Might not start" ... "No engine" Yepper!

Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 AM
richardps
New User
Originally Posted by richardps
Whats funny is that about 6 months ago I bought a donor 65 (for my 66) with a 6 year old "crate 390 " rebuilt COM FMX, ps, headers and dual exhaust, and lots of useable parts for $800 in SOUTH Sacto. Ill use what i eed and prolly end up with just about what this joker advertised. Hope I can sell prts on CL.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you just know that someone on this site made this ad. whoever it was, come forward for your just kudos!

Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Order and Chaos
Mountain Pass
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Personally I enjoy reading the sarcasm car ads on Craigslist. On the St Louis site there are one or two guys that post these joke ads on a regular basis.

"Needs minor buffing to look good" Pic of a car after Bigfoot or some other monster truck had run over it.

"May have a wiring issue" Pic of a car with the front end burned off from a fire.

"Easily restorable" Pic of the cube of metal left after a car goes in the crusher.

Yeah there are too many people that think their vehicle is made of unobtainium and ask prices that even extremely inebriated buyers at Barrett Jackson wouldn't pay. A friend of mine dabbles occasionally in collectable firearms and when he wants to sell one of them he gets frustrated with me when I tell him, it doesn't matter how much you ask, what matters is how much I'm willing to pay.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:36 PM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol @ unobtainium. and yeah, the value is set by the buyer, not the seller. the seller can only suggest a price.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:50 PM
richardps
New User
Originally Posted by svolpone
you just know that someone on this site made this ad. whoever it was, come forward for your just kudos!
I just can't believe that there might be joksters like this on this site.
(SNICKER, LOL)

Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
I hope you guys aren't serious, this is a diamond in the ruff. It's extremely rare a 1965 F150 To my knowledge there was never a F150 offered in 1965 so if this is a F150 it's worth it's weight in gold/rust.
condition: good Can't beat that.

one owner, my family, since new. And he's willing to part with it, WOW what a guy, must be really hurting for money.

Truck has some rust due to being parked outside for more than 40 years. Ran 40 years ago when my dad parked it. Probably just needs a battery.

Glass is all broken and chrome dented and bent due to my misbehavior as a teenager, back in the day. Admits he has issues.

Frame is rusted clear through at several points, fenders and floorboards rusted clean through. Tried spray painting the rust with some stuff I saw on TV (but wait, there's more!) but the stuff did not work. That was in my twenties.... Influenced by television, this tells me he was a neglected child.

Anyway, asking 6,500 and you have to arrange a tow because it might not start after sitting for 40 years. Also, the tires and rims are missing, and the steering wheel is missing too. Everything round is gone

The truck has no breakes, motor or transmission, but you can easily find those hear on Craigslist, right?? I bet the "breakes" cost a lot, rare item indeed.

Please, no phone calls, emails or texts. Poor guy doesn't even have a phone.
First $6,500 takes, What does the second $6500 get?

No title or pink, bill of sell only to first buyer. Once again, what does the second buyer get?

I need to go see this truck. My heart goes out to this guy. All of you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's obvious this truck has more senti-mental value than anyone can imagine.
Picture this...... His daddy brings the truck home puts Jr. in the bed of the truck so he can take him riding around the farm. Dad takes a pull on the Jack Daniels and off they go. Jr. is having the time of his life in the back of this new pickup. .... Daddy takes another belt of the Jack Daniels..... Before long Daddy forgets Jr. is in the back of the truck and starts trying out the new Twin Ibeam front suspension. .... Daddy finishes the bottle throwing it out the window, nearly hitting Jr. in the head, .... Holy crap what's JR. doing out there. Jr. has a nasty bump on his head that has lasted all these years, and now he has to sell this truck. Jr. now reflects back that this was the last thing that him and his daddy did before they sent his Daddy off to the hoosegow.

So who want's to be the "First" to give your $6500 to this senti-mental guy?
I would, but I want to see what the second guy gets.

Quick Reply: What a "deal??"