6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Yellowstone Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Map Man 1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marchare011: where in Wyoming do you live? We produce city maps for Chambers of Commerce all over America and do the maps for Cheyenne,Casper, Gillette ,Jackson,Cody, Pinedale, and Rock Springs-Green River and others.......might be that we do yours as well

Old 06-26-2014, 08:12 AM
Leonandlisa
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Map Man 1
Leonandlisa: what rafting company did you use for your rafting trip?
Geyser Whitewater Expeditions Yellowstone Montana Rafting and Zipline in Big Sky Montana

We were very happy with the guide and service, as you go down the river they have photographers that take pictures, between the scenery and the proof that I talked my wife into rafting, we spent as much on the pictures as we did the rafting trip.

Leon

Old 06-26-2014, 10:42 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Marchare011: where in Wyoming do you live? We produce city maps for Chambers of Commerce all over America and do the maps for Cheyenne,Casper, Gillette ,Jackson,Cody, Pinedale, and Rock Springs-Green River and others.......might be that we do yours as well
I live in the Energy Capital of the Nation! I bet you can figure that one out since you do maps. That is our town's motto. It is printed on everything touristy.

I have family in Buffalo, MO.

Good plan with the toad. Lots eazier to get around with.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:44 AM
smlford
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yellowstone is one of our favorite places on earth!

We've been there several times usually in a Class C. With a bus you camping choices will be somewhat limited. I believe the main campground at Fishing Bridge Campground is designed for bigger rigs but I don't know about reservations...it is centrally located and would make for a good base camp.

BTW there is no fishing at fishing bridge but you can see some beautiful trout!!!
There are several places to fish there though

As mentioned above Lamar Valley is a great place for wildlife viewing. Bring binoculars and a spotting scope if you have one. Good chances you can see elk and wolves and possibly a grizzley!

Old 06-27-2014, 06:09 AM
Map Man 1
Senior User
Marchare011: Yessir.....as a matter of fact,we produce your Chamber's city map for them.....have for years........Campbell County Chamber of Commerce

thanx for the info

Old 06-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Map Man 1
Senior User
Thanx for all the Yellowstone info guys! It should be a good trip......Nancy or I have never been there and we're old with 5 kids, so looking forward to it.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:08 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
As some one mentioned above if you have a spare day to visit Cody it is worth the trip. The buffalo Bill museum can hold attention for one or several days. Then go over to the Irma hotel and have some refreshment while you watch the gun fight. Then dinner and an evening at the rodeo. It's a nice day trip especially after 4 or 5 days sitting in traffic. You really don't want to drive a bus in the park if there is an alternative. My DRW 350 is too big for comfortable driving. Get to old faithful early and get the day's schedule. Then try to arrive about 30 minutes early. That was you should get a pretty good view. If you want a seat get there right after it goes off. Yellowstone is great.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Map Man 1
Senior User
Well, we've made it to Gillette, Wy about 9:30 tonite at the Crazy Woman's Campground.....headed for Sheridan and Cody tomorrow!....Thanx again for all the Yellowstone info!....of course we've been to Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore.....Devil's Tower might be one of the 7 wonders of the world!

Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Well, we've made it to Gillette, Wy about 9:30 tonite at the Crazy Woman's Campground.....headed for Sheridan and Cody tomorrow!....Thanx again for all the Yellowstone info!....of course we've been to Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore.....Devil's Tower might be one of the 7 wonders of the world!
I don't remember what you're driving or towing but both passes over the big horn mountains are pretty exciting as I recall. The old mans way is either through Billings or through Casper. Be careful and hav a good trip.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Map Man 1
Senior User
We went through Worland to Cody and spent last nite in Cody......going to the 4th parade this morning and then to Moran, Wy to campground for a few days to attack Yellowstone Park

Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 AM
rgreentmcs
Freshman User
We went through Worland to Cody and spent last nite in Cody......going to the 4th parade this morning and then to Moran, Wy to campground for a few days to attack Yellowstone Park
How was your trip from Buffalo to Worland? That canyon has some pretty steep grades.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:29 PM
azfly
New User
If you are looking for a place to stay either in a tent, cabin or 5th wheel/ trailer/ coach look into Grizzly RV Park. Great place to stay as we have just returned from there and have stayed there on our past trips.

They have full hook up to include 50 and 30 amp service. Staff is great and will not stay at another park in West Yellowstone. Minutes from the West entrance to Yellowstone. Walking distance from town.

If you are looking for a inexpensive place to eat in West Yellowstone check out the School bus on the East side of the Canyon street. Best tacos in town.....

Old 07-04-2014, 02:25 PM
montey2005
Senior User
stay at the campground near Yellowstone Lodge, much less "commercialized" than Old Faithful and you will see plenty of wildlife there. I dam near bumped into a Bear - 15 feet away. Oh and please don't become a Darwin award recipient and walk up to a Buffalo to take a close-up.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:37 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
DANGIT!!!!! I wish I would have known. I live like three minutes from the Crazy Woman campground. Have a safe and fun trip. The steepest grade over the Big Horns is I think 14A. Both 14 & 14A are pretty steep.

I climbed Devils Tower about 11 years ago when I was 45. Wore me out. 1200 feet of straight up and back down. I signed the register at the top.

Are you coming back thru this way/when?

Old 07-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Map Man 1
Senior User
Thanx Again!....I'll get Nancy to check the map and look up those campgrounds and eateries......we're at Moran Jct for a couple of days.....tough to capture a campground on the 4th of July weekend, but we're still lookin....I think we are going to go through Casper on the trip home and visit some friends in Cheyenne

Quick Reply: Yellowstone Help!