1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ever ask why???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 PM
r2millers
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you ever ask why???

Sometimes while in my truck I ask myself questions that I have never answered. Thought I'd share some...

What is the hook for on my lower console? Kinda short for hanging a jacket.

Why does the system for my "air flow selector" on the ventilation system not match the Ford manual?

1) The adjustment at one o'clock "distributes outside air through the instrument panel vents and the floor vents."

2) The adjustment at eleven o'clock "distributes outside air through the floor vents."

However, why does the a/c compressor work at one o'clock and not eleven? I can get nice cold air at one o'clock like my a/c settings, and only hot air at eleven!

Why does Ford only use the drivers side vent area for venting, not the right side? Why not both to maximize air flow?

Why does Ford have a yellow and red "danger area" on the transmission temp gauge but only a red for everything else, including water temp?

You'd think it would either be good or not good, no in between?

Why does the stereo system have a "shuffle" for a single disc player? Maybe for the six cd unit but not for the single. Also, anyone understand the other option, "compress". Sounds like an option for a computer storing data? The Ford manual..."bring soft and loud passages together for a more consistent listening level." Boy am I glad I have this feature to use!

Why does Ford use several languages, English and maybe French to identify what kind of fuel to use? Maybe due to Canada nearby?
Then why not Spanish too?

If so, why not use these communications on other "orifaces" for consistency?

Just some crazy thoughts while driving I thought I'd share to provoke more of these same items, maybe others have thought of some too?

Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 PM
ATP Pilot
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hook is for a garbage bag, ie old walmart bag ?

Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Shuffle refers to shuffling the tracks on a CD, giving you, for example, tracks 1-15 on a 15 track CD in a random order! The other stuff, that'll keep philosophers busy forever!

Old 05-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Why does a vehicle made in the 21'st century even come with a CD player?

That's like an 8 trac player coming in cars in the 80's

Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Krochus
Elder User
Why does my 01 have an OH S(@@ handle on the passangers side A pillar but not the drivers side. I just wanna use it to help climb in, not panic and choose it over the wheel

Old 05-04-2014, 10:15 PM
jeepnford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Id like to know why they don't put a change holder in all of their trucks. I liked the one that was in the top of the console on my 01.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jeepnford
Id like to know why they don't put a change holder in all of their trucks. I liked the one that was in the top of the console on my 01.
In my 06 there's a small area between my two slide out cup holders in my dash that I would classify as a change holder. I'm sure it's technically the ash tray but for non smokers like me it's a bangin coin holder!

Old 05-04-2014, 10:44 PM
r2millers
Postmaster

[QUOTE=NorEasterMA;14319162]
Id like to know why they don't put a change holder in all of their trucks. I liked the one that was in the top of the console on my 01.[/QUOTE

In my 06 there's a small area between my two slide out cup holders in my dash that I would classify as a change holder. I'm sure it's technically the ash tray but for non smokers like me it's a bangin coin holder!
I agree. I too use the space between cupholders for coins.

Also, to Krochus's point, I love the drivers side handle, unlike my brothers 99 4x4 that doesn't have a drivers side and climbing in can be a challenge. Not mine.

At first, I thought, you're kidding me right, about the trash bag. I guess it makes sense.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:29 PM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
hook is for a garbage bag, ie old walmart bag ?
I told my wife it was a panty holder. Don't give her any ideas that would suggest otherwise

Old 05-05-2014, 01:03 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Krochus
Why does my 01 have an OH S(@@ handle on the passangers side A pillar but not the drivers side. I just wanna use it to help climb in, not panic and choose it over the wheel
Some trucks came with handles on both sides. If I remember correctly, the mounting holes are there.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:33 AM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
I have one in my console.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:55 AM
jeepnford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
I have one in my console.
I don't have the full console, just the flip up seat back. That might be why I don't have one. An indicator in the dash that shows when the auto headlamps are on would be kind of nice too.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Shovelheadrob
Fleet Mechanic
Received 141 Likes on 80 Posts
Someone asked me why there was a chime when the low fuel light came on, I told them it is so that blind people don't run out of fuel! That's why there are braille dots on the cruise control buttons as well.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
r2millers
Postmaster

Originally Posted by Shovelheadrob
Someone asked me why there was a chime when the low fuel light came on, I told them it is so that blind people don't run out of fuel! That's why there are braille dots on the cruise control buttons as well.
Now that's pretty funny. Did you know there's a chime that goes off if your parking brake is on and you exceed 3 mph?

Since there's a light on the dash for those with eyes, maybe the chime is also there for the hard of seeing?

Let's see for all of us that need frequent reminders. Chimes...seat belts, parking brake, low fuel, headlights left on, keys left in the ignition, backup detector, door ajar, and I'm sure there must be more. Nothing like a symphony!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Cardinal Puller
Senior User
Like the Braille on the ATM buttons

Quick Reply: Do you ever ask why???