Sponsored by:

Push Button Start

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Bayouski
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Push Button Start

Can anyone recommend a good push button start like the have in the modern cars now.. for my 2004 Diesel Excursion

Thanks in Advance for your time

Old 04-26-2014, 07:28 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Eeehhh... the systems found on modern cars are far more complex than you would think. I have a car with push button start, and it has three antennas inside the cab at different points and one outside.

I've never heard of an aftermarket system, and I don't think it's something that would be feasible to add. Hopefully someone proves me wrong on this.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:24 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Are you talking the eons where you carry a fob in your pocket, and just push a button and go?

Or, a push button start like a Semi, turn the key on, and push a button to start?

Old 04-26-2014, 08:30 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Like the 6L ain't complex enough already..

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Just turn the key, it won't hurt you.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:46 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bayouski
Can anyone recommend a good push button start like the have in the modern cars now.. for my 2004 Diesel Excursion

Thanks in Advance for your time

This is the one that I was checking out when we got our expy. Just trying to figure out how to get rid of the key, and the remote start FOB.

This system seemed decent, but at that price I have not been in too much of a hurry, and just living with it.

I don't remember if it was this one or a different one that I was looking at, they have the push button replace the key switch in the column, but I thought that was a neat addition instead of just mounted in the dash.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:52 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
I'm thinking about getting a conveyor belt to take me from my front door to the Ex.......but I still have to open the Ex door, dam!

Old 04-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Bayouski
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hav24wheel
Are you talking the eons where you carry a fob in your pocket, and just push a button and go?

Or, a push button start like a Semi, turn the key on, and push a button to start?
Fob in pocket. Just push and go. There has to be an after market one somewhere

Old 04-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Huh, perhaps there is an option out there. Just did a google search and found this:

http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104B.html

Old 04-27-2014, 11:07 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Of course they don't put this on the ad page but it takes the same installation as a remote start and remote starting would eliminate the arduous labor of pressing a button, also you have to immobilize your steering lock mechanism, (take steering apart), you need a pats bypass installed if you have pats, you have to install antennas, install the button, and you might have to put the key in it so it is probably about $1,000 just to push a button and good luck if it malfunctions while on vacation. Also; you wouldn't have the "locked wheel" safety feature.
FROM THEM;

How do I wire the system into my car?
You can download installation manuals from our website to have your installer complete any pre-work necessary to install our system. Installation would be the same as installing a typical Alarm system or Remote Starter system. Professional installation is highly recommended.

Can I use my own button with your push button module?
No. Our Push-Start system comes with an OEM Toyota/Lexus Push Button. The connector of the push button module can only connect to our Push-Start button and which consists of special wiring for built-in LED. It is possible to modify your own button to interface with the Push-Start module, however, it is not recommended nor supported.

Do I need anything else to install Smart Key and Push-Start system?
Yes. If your vehicle equipped with an immobilizer system (chipped key) then you will require a bypass device. A bypass device tells the car’s computer that a valid key is present when a access key is within range. A bypass can be purchased from company such as iDatalin, Fortin and xPresskit. You will also need to disable your steering wheel lock to acheive true keyless entry and ignition, please consult the rest of the website or contact us for more information.

What are good places to mount the antenna(s)?
Antennas should be mounted on a Non-Enclosed and Non-Metallic material such as clear glass or plastic trim panels. Recommended placements for the Front-Antenna is on the top-left corner of the front windshield and bottom-left corner of the rear windshield for the Rear-Antenna. The Bypass-Antenna can be placed around the edge of the front windshield so it can sense the Bypass Transponder Card within one inch away from outside of the vehicle. Do not place antenna in locations that will be shield by metallic material.