Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

THE NEW SPRING 2014 CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
good evening. off to the diesel drags tomorrow, after I get some more work done.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by helifixer
good evening. off to the diesel drags tomorrow, after I get some more work done.
Love that you found this, I have been so busy at work that I didn't get to post this up like I wanted to earlier last month like Randy had asked me to.
I will be out there tomorrow with my son, We have not decided if we will be running Momma's Excursion or not just yet.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:54 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have a fun day.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Howdy az gang grabbed a bunch of parts for the B2 yesterday at the junk yard.
Trav

Old 04-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Good Morning Everyone.

Thanks Bill.
After a brief look I would bet 45-50% have zero posts & another big % have fewer than 5 posts. So my question are where are they anywhere on this forum?

Ouch Kris, Glad she is OK.
i bet some people think they needed to join to surf the forums...

Originally Posted by dwil
Fixed my door handle yesterday... passengers may now exit at will...
Thats a good thing!

Originally Posted by dwil
As a new guy to the forum, it can take a little bit to find some friends and have things to say. Just knowing there is a place to come and ask questions when you have them is valuable. I don't have many posts, but I have been here almost daily. It seems trite to just post an "I was here", sorta like a drive-by post. I wonder if you could see the post:login ratio what that would look like.
dwil, Welcome to the AZ Chapter. anything goes here, even the trite stuff ,

Old 04-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Az_Ray
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon AZ,

It's been awhile since I've been on. The doctor release me back to full work status on monday(not by my approval). So I've been back on the road driving since Wednesday, trying to get back into the swing of things.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:38 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Take it easy Ray. Yea the doctors sometime push you back before you really feel ready.

Got our Crown Vic back home. Have a couple of minor fixes to do. It sure ran out great today. Rides smooth, has great power, corners awesome, no body roll. Everything works, only 132,000 miles on it. Got a great deal in Pahrump on a set of new tires. $320 for the set of 4 out the door. That was $80 cheaper than the closes quote I got here. Got them from Big-O.
I love this cruiser it is even better than I thought. The best part 150 miles on a 1/4 of a tank of gas.
Anyway a couple of pictures it needs a good cleaning & detailing which I'll start on.

Attached Images    
Old 04-06-2014, 01:06 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Craig. I really like those big cars. People can't believe how economical they really are.

Looks like some of that black paint needs a little blackening!

Congratulations. I hope those tires are speed rated!

Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Howdy az gang.
Craig that car looks to be in great shape.
Trav

Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had fun last night at the Reliable Diesel Drags, I saw Bart (Helifixer) there, I ran Momma's Excursion, I made 3 test and tune passes. I had never been in the drivers seat on a strip before, I was just going to watch, and my seven year old Son was like come on dad! We breezed through tech, and I figured well, they were in the back when we went through tech so it must be cool.... Speed World never cared anyway.

What do you mean it is not a race car?

We made one pass the kids in the back, they wanted to watch Finding Nemo while waiting in the staging lanes.

They even watched it going down the strip, though I muted it, so I could concentrate.

We were about to line up for the second pass when the guy caught us and the kids had to get out.. I told him Speedworld never cared, frankly since we were running so slow I don't think it should have mattered.
I had to get out and help the 5 year old unbuckle her car seat, handed them off to my brother and jumped back in, I barely had the belt buckled when the tree dropped.

I made one more pass and boosted it the most I had that night, it left harder then I had planned and it felt like it chirped all 4, I let out a tad to try to save the trans, then got back in it.

It runs real consistent mph, the last time was against a stock 97 f250, I left hard on him, and he caught me on the big end where a lift and 33's don't help when you have the aerodynamics of a bus... He was bragging afterward and I laughed and told him, put another thousand pounds on your truck and we will run again.

I figured I better get back to watching my own kids so I parked it, had they let the kids stay in, I might have ran it all night....
Momma wasn't too happy, but she didn't care as long as I didn't hurt it...

The kids loved it, I think I have a couple of Gear Heads, they were sitting in the stands and told me they wanted to go up to the starting area and sit on the second barrier between the water box and the tree. It was a much better spot, My 5 year old ended up falling asleep in my lap at the end of the night, I love that my kids can sleep anywhere. We have never been "quiet because the kids are sleeping" and they can sleep anywhere now.

I can see how this can be addicting...

Old 04-06-2014, 02:41 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by Bdox
Hi Craig. I really like those big cars. People can't believe how economical they really are.

Looks like some of that black paint needs a little blackening!

Congratulations. I hope those tires are speed rated!
Thanks Bruce & welcome to the Arizona Chapter. Feel free to visit as much as you wish. Yea, the paint is subject, but the interior is real clean, & it runs out great. Yes the tires are speed rated T 119 mph. I doubt it will ever see over 80 mph. My days of high speed driving are over. The tickets are too steep.

Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
Howdy az gang.
Craig that car looks to be in great shape.
Trav
Thanks Trav, Not bad for a $400 car. It will give me something mess with as if I don't have enough to do.

Originally Posted by Nsaan
Had fun last night at the Reliable Diesel Drags, I saw Bart (Helifixer) there, I ran Momma's Excursion, I made 3 test and tune passes. I had never been in the drivers seat on a strip before, I was just going to watch, and my seven year old Son was like come on dad! We breezed through tech, and I figured well, they were in the back when we went through tech so it must be cool.... Speed World never cared anyway.

What do you mean it is not a race car?

We made one pass the kids in the back, they wanted to watch Finding Nemo while waiting in the staging lanes.

They even watched it going down the strip, though I muted it, so I could concentrate.

We were about to line up for the second pass when the guy caught us and the kids had to get out.. I told him Speedworld never cared, frankly since we were running so slow I don't think it should have mattered.
I had to get out and help the 5 year old unbuckle her car seat, handed them off to my brother and jumped back in, I barely had the belt buckled when the tree dropped.

I made one more pass and boosted it the most I had that night, it left harder then I had planned and it felt like it chirped all 4, I let out a tad to try to save the trans, then got back in it.

It runs real consistent mph, the last time was against a stock 97 f250, I left hard on him, and he caught me on the big end where a lift and 33's don't help when you have the aerodynamics of a bus... He was bragging afterward and I laughed and told him, put another thousand pounds on your truck and we will run again.

I figured I better get back to watching my own kids so I parked it, had they let the kids stay in, I might have ran it all night....
Momma wasn't too happy, but she didn't care as long as I didn't hurt it...

The kids loved it, I think I have a couple of Gear Heads, they were sitting in the stands and told me they wanted to go up to the starting area and sit on the second barrier between the water box and the tree. It was a much better spot, My 5 year old ended up falling asleep in my lap at the end of the night, I love that my kids can sleep anywhere. We have never been "quiet because the kids are sleeping" and they can sleep anywhere now.

I can see how this can be addicting...
Congrats Donn, Next is the NHRA? Or you'll get the kids addicted & you'll be sponsoring them when they are old enough to race. You know Jr Dragsters, I believe is open to 10 or 12 year old.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:07 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
It was a good time last night! a truck that I work on won the trophy class and the money class!! after the race we went to breakfast with them and I drove the winning truck from the track to dennys! kind of weird merging on to I10 and having a dually bark the tires on the first 3 shifts and looking down to see you are doing 90 mph on a freeway ramp and are only at about 2/3 rd's throtle

Old 04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by helifixer
It was a good time last night! a truck that I work on won the trophy class and the money class!! after the race we went to breakfast with them and I drove the winning truck from the track to dennys! kind of weird merging on to I10 and having a dually bark the tires on the first 3 shifts and looking down to see you are doing 90 mph on a freeway ramp and are only at about 2/3 rd's throtle

Sweet! i bet that was fun...

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Tomorrow up in Show Low is going to a memorial car wash for a car accident that happened on the way from show low to Snowflake/Taylor (where I live) where the couple died roll over accident on Friday.

Same day 2 other accidents that happened in my area and was a roll over landed on the roof one the other flipped and landed on the roof. 3 car accidents in the same day is the most this town has probably ever seen I know I have been here since 09 and my buddy 85 and we both said we've never seen that many. The on the rolled was on its way from Holbrook to Snowflake a couple one died the other lived but is in intensive care.
The one that just flipped was on a backroad out by me heading out and the kids driving flipped was going to fast and flipped. 3 died 1 is intensive care the last one walked away. They sat overnight I heard before anybody found out. I am not sure if I personally know them or not I just heard about the accidents today went I went to a buddies place to check out a couple pick up trucks.
What I do know is I was out that night driving our expedition and passed by their (on the highway) and saw like 4 officers (2 of which were Snowflake cops and they rarely come out here) coming out of that area and I automatically thought that was weird. Also the road conditions weren't bad they were just usual Arizona beat up roads.

Just thought I would post this up and maybe anybody in my area would see it and elaborate on it since me, my parents, 2 of my buddies, and the local country store don't know the whole story and we have been getting mixed stories.
Also hoping it isn't somebody I know because I know so many people out here.
Trav

Old 04-06-2014, 09:09 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Trav, sorry to hear that. But I take these things as a reminder how quickly accidents happen & that not paying attention, speeding, texting, talking on phones, etc. cost lives many times. Not to mention alcohol & drugs.
So much of the time the details are just that.

Bart, sounds like your work was a success. Is it fun to drive something with power?

Quick Reply: THE NEW SPRING 2014 CHAT