February 2014 all topic thread - Page 7 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

February 2014 all topic thread

Old 02-16-2014, 06:54 PM
04badford
Post Fiend
04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by FI460 View Post
It's stalling when it's cold on occasion. It has a little oil leak that I suspect is the icp. Mine is the early style with the sensor below the dang turbo. I'm going to try and see if I can monitor the ICP/IPR while it's cranking in the morning.
ICPV aswell , the Pig tail has been know to short out, mine has a grey clip that holds the three wires together before the plug it was white looking when you separate them.

Old 02-16-2014, 08:50 PM
04badford
Post Fiend
04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation04badford has a superb reputation
Rick, the grey vaccume line runs through the fire wall passenger side below the glove box it's the heater control valve vaccume line under there you will see a silver canister that that line connects to. or are you talking 4x4 vaccume?

Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 PM
FI460
Posting Guru
FI460 has a great reputation on FTE.FI460 has a great reputation on FTE.FI460 has a great reputation on FTE.FI460 has a great reputation on FTE.FI460 has a great reputation on FTE.
Ya. A few years back it the sensor and pigtail were replaced, but Im relatively sure that's where my problem is coming from. Hopefully next weekend I can get around to it. Gotta get a socket to mutilate for pulling it...

Of course with this warm weather I cant get it to act up...

Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Happy Monday Nor Cal FTE and friends.

Jim

Old 02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
CLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputation
Afternoon Jim, Hank and Rick

-THe Great

Old 02-17-2014, 03:16 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
CLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputationCLINT-THE-GREAT has a superb reputation
Another Monday is here...yippee....
Getting another 6" of snow today..... but at least it has warmed up, it's 26*!!! lol

-The Great

Old 02-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Happy Two for Tuesday Nor Cal FTE and friends. Hope everyone has a great day.

Jim

Old 02-18-2014, 05:52 PM
bdpotts
Senior User
bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.
howdy gents. hope your tuesday is going well... especially as we near quitting time. just got home myself and after replacing the pre pump baldwin 1212 filter, the truck runs great. i parked her for now until i can get some blocks built and start tinkering on her. from here on out i'll be doing the bike/BART/ferry/bike combo.

also, just cracked cold miller lite in the old school vintage can.

cheers fellas!

Old 02-18-2014, 10:31 PM
04badford
Post Fiend
Miller lite in a Old vintage can HMM ( how Vintage) that could of grown back to corn and hobs
Good Evening FTE Friends, I Hope all is well and Clint just in case you forgot THREE more days until (Week End) .

Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 AM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
bdpotts... why are you building truck stands/blocks? Aren't jackstands just as cheap on Craigs or at HF? The stands at HF sell for less than the cost of the bare steel before welding. Are you building your stands out of wood? Would ramps work for what you are intending to do? Or are you building something to meet a need not met by what is available? I'm not criticizing your intent to build stands yourself... i'm just curious why you decided to go that route.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 AM
bdpotts
Senior User
bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.bdpotts has a very good reputation on FTE.
good morning fellas. sunny and crisp here on san leandro st.
04badford, the vintage miller lite cans are the ones from the 80's. the all white can... i bought two 30 packs up at travis AFB 'cause i couldn't find 'em down here. i've got a few left i'm still working on.
Y2KW57, i know what you mean with CL and HF. i looked and looked and looked on CL and just couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. i was also in the market for a nice floor jack... anyhow, i browsed HF briefly on-line but ran into the same thing.. i 'spose in the end i just didn't want to spend the money.. the idea with building blocks or stands out of lumber (2x4's) is the fact that it was completely free. many MANY weed growers here in my building got kicked out. they proceeded to throw away all building materials they used in false walls and rooms and greenhouse construction for their pot plants. i'll just say, i now have free lumber out the ***!
i've built a work bench, storage box, given some to my street squatter neighbor (he's built two giant flower boxes), and last night i gave more to my next door neighbor for his construction of flower/planter boxes...
anyhow, long story short, i just have so many 2x4's sitting around i thought i'd just build the stands myself. what do i need them for? tire rotations, power steering flushes, brake jobs, 4wheel drive troubleshooting... anything and everything else...

sorry my answer was long-winded.. hopes this helps understand my intentions.

cheers!

Old 02-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
It is Hump day my friends! Get out there and enjoy this beautiful weather

Jim

Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
bdpotts... thanks for taking the time to explain. I'm a little worried about you laying under the truck supported by modern day lumber. The lumber trees harvested nowadays are third growth genetically modified fast growing profit making "weeds" sold in Home Depot that seem to fracture along their ring fissures much more easily than the old growth timber I've rescued from demos of pre WWII buildings.

It's a catch 22... even if you stack the wood solid, each piece has to be attached to each piece, so that the stack doesn't separate when or if the truck weight shifts or there is an earthquake (happens). That's a lot of bolts, nuts, washers, and/or nails, which adds to the cost. If you bridge the wood in any type of structure where space exists between any board, then the risk of load concentration on any single joint increases. If the wood splits there, bam, the hospital bill exceeds the cost of new jack stands from Sears.

I'm sure you've thought all this through... so this post is only to let you know that your FTE brethren are thinking about the same things also!

Old 02-19-2014, 06:47 PM
hanklin
Ambassador
hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
yeah,,milk crates are Much better

Old 02-19-2014, 07:52 PM
04badford
Post Fiend
Modified weeds ,Good one, nothing wrong with salvage I built my pasture fence years ago with old 4x4s and 2x6 rails until I got the cash to fix it right, I'm more Interested about the 34 year beer How does it taste? I'm surprised a Hobs sprout didn't come out the top of the can
Hank I'll be in your neck of the woods sometime next week
Have a great Afternoon FTE Freinds

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: February 2014 all topic thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.