March 9th: Let's go shoot our pistols - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > S. California Chapter
Reload this Page >

March 9th: Let's go shoot our pistols

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation

It's time for another So Cal shooting G2G. Let's go blow off some powder.

When: March 9th, Sunday, 11:00 AM - Noon, stay as long as you want.
Where: Insight Indoor Shooting Range

17020 Alburtis Avenue
Artesia, CA 90701
At the cross streets of Pioneer & Artesia

The Range Rules here are pretty basic, but the one rule that stands out as worth mentioning is that only fully jacketed ammo is allowed. No exposed lead. I suggest just purchasing range ammo, which I think is very reasonably priced. For 22LR shooters, the copper washed ammo is okay.

They have an outstanding selection of guns to loan, and as long as you keep buying their ammo you can try as many different models as you want. So for those of us who don't own pistols, this is a good way to try the sport.

What to bring:
Drivers License (which they will keep while you shoot, pay when you're done)

You can literally show up with nothing else, and they have it all available for sale. But bringing your own eye protection, ear protection, targets, will save you some money. Guns must be carried unloaded, with actions/cylinders open. Heck, just read the rules.

1. Bill (bpounds)

Old 01-20-2014, 04:00 PM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
1. Bill (bpounds)
2. Steve

Old 01-21-2014, 10:13 AM
DieselHardware
Elder User
DieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to behold
I'm a maybe. I know the wife would like to go, just need to confirm schedules. Will probably end up bringing a rifle too though(22LR).

Anyone know why some of the indoor ranges are requiring jacketed ammo now? I would think it would actually be harder on the equipment. Wondering if they are just wanting a higher scrap value to offset operating costs?

Old 01-21-2014, 10:33 AM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DieselHardware View Post
Anyone know why some of the indoor ranges are requiring jacketed ammo now? I would think it would actually be harder on the equipment. Wondering if they are just wanting a higher scrap value to offset operating costs?
I've wondered the same thing, and all I can come up with is ventilation concerns in an indoor area. But then I see other indoor ranges that specify exactly the opposite and only want lead. Maybe their ventilation is better.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:11 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
Interesting that they state no single person firearm rentals. Have to have a buddy rent as well. Good thing I have my own gun, ammo, eye protection, and ear protection. Only thing I would need to buy is targets, and of course pay for the use of a lane. Would like to make it, but will have to see how my finances are. Long drive for me. Have a local indoor range a mile from here.

1. Bill (bpounds)
2. Steve
3. Jim (Nighteyez) maybe

Old 01-21-2014, 03:28 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
Originally Posted by Nighteyez View Post
Interesting that they state no single person firearm rentals. Have to have a buddy rent as well.
That's to prevent walk-in suicides.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Nighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputationNighteyez has a superb reputation
That makes sense.

Jim

Old 01-21-2014, 05:42 PM
DieselHardware
Elder User
DieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to beholdDieselHardware is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
That's to prevent walk-in suicides.
Interesting. I would have never thought of that.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:37 AM
DannyInSoCal
Freshman User
DannyInSoCal is starting off with a positive reputation.
Reserve duty weekend -

But I'll bring my 7" longslide AMT 1911 chambered in .30 Carbine to the next one.

Yeah - .30 Carbine. Shes a fire breathing smoke wagon....

Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
Bump'n it up. I know we've got a bandolier full of shooters in the chapter.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:07 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader
Unless something changes, I will not be able to make it. Just don't have the funds to drive down there.

Jim

Old 02-24-2014, 09:57 AM
DieselHardware
Elder User
We are still up in the air because of the moving situation. I am trying to be there, but probably won't know for sure until mid next week. If we do come, I'll be bringing the 10/22 and possibly my Ruger Old Army in 45LC.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 AM
SteveBricks
***** Emeritus
SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
I can dig that Jim...it's a long drive just to go shooting.

Don't forget to turn your clock up one hour the night before Nathan, or you guys will be late getting there

Old 03-01-2014, 02:02 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
1. Bill (bpounds)
2. Steve
3. Sean (wpnaes)

Count me in, might need a refresher course, it's been decades. BB practice not counting...

Remind me to bring the FTE banner for signatures.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:11 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
Bump 4,3,2, countdown.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: March 9th: Let's go shoot our pistols

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.