1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Bad Day

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Bad Day

I have gotten caught up on the truck build , been waiting to get body parts back from the sand blaster . So I took the motor apart , I have been putting it of didn't want to get the thing apart and then get a bunch of panels that need primer . so at 4pm I get the call panels are ready. So off I go , get ready to leave the guys shop and I walk around the trailer to check the tailgate , and see his guard dog tied up by the fence , Wrong , Dog had broken his rope , It got me in the hand , didn't sink it's teeth in just scratched real good . Bled some , so the guy is washing my hand and putting a bandage on , telling me how sorry he is . I bet I get a good deal on the next blasting Job . So now I got one side of the shop covered in motor parts and the other side in bare metal , and the finished frame on the lift . I won't be looking for something to keep me busy , for awhile .

Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Fill your mouth before you go bed with Gavascon, lean over to your wife, open your mouth and say " Honey, after the dog bite, I don't feel so well" Hope every thing works out. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:13 PM
mustangmike6996
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch... at least it was the hand and not the marbles lol. hope you get better man

Old 01-16-2014, 10:33 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Man DR, that sucks... Hope my bad luck didn't rub off on ya but maybe it did. Keep that thing cleaned out or the infection will really set you back.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:39 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Fill your mouth before you go bed with Gavascon, lean over to your wife, open your mouth and say " Honey, after the dog bite, I don't feel so well" Hope every thing works out. Good luck.

Hahaha, thats hilarious!

Seriously though Dr. Sorry to hear about the attack. That can be a scary moment for sure.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:45 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
He needs a different dog. Hope the shots were current? Good to hear you're making such good progress!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Next time you take something to him to work on ask him for an estimate. When he comes up with a price start rubbing your hand and ask if he still has that dog. I bet you will get a pretty good discount.

I worked for an auto parts store delivering parts. I can't count the times owners of shops with the biggest, meanest looking dogs would tell me not to worry, that their dogs wouldn't hurt me. I never, ever trusted them or their dogs. There's a reason they had big, mean dogs.

Old 01-17-2014, 12:53 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,423 Likes on 1,379 Posts
When I was 13 I had a customer on my paper route that lived at the end of a street and kept his construction equipment parked in a vacant field and protected by a nasty mean German Shepard on a logging chain. One day the dog was mysteriously quiet. Just as I was dropping the paper on the porch I heard a growl behind me and then a sharp pain in my right hip at the bottom of my butt cheek. Took a pretty good chunk out of me, too. I don't think I ever really got over that one cause I still don't trust dogs of any kind or size. I can truly say, "I feel your pain."

Old 01-17-2014, 01:07 AM
das54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
When I was 13 I had a customer on my paper route that lived at the end of a street and kept his construction equipment parked in a vacant field and protected by a nasty mean German Shepard on a logging chain. One day the dog was mysteriously quiet. Just as I was dropping the paper on the porch I heard a growl behind me and then a sharp pain in my right hip at the bottom of my butt cheek. Took a pretty good chunk out of me, too. I don't think I ever really got over that one cause I still don't trust dogs of any kind or size. I can truly say, "I feel your pain."
Exactly what happened to me. I got 6 stitches and I still hate dogs - and they know it.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Dave, sorry to hear about Fido thinking you were a dog treat! I'm curious... did you bleed Blue Oval Blue?

Hopefully your lovely wife had a martini waiting for you when you got home!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:51 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next time take a .45 with you - When you get to his shop call on the phone and ask him to come outside to your truck - When he gets there put the gun in his face and ask if his dog is secure.
It's not the dogs fault - They do what they are taught to do - They don't attack for ****s and giggles

Old 01-17-2014, 07:58 AM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
It won't be a 45 , I am a 41 magnum type of guy . and I already decided that next time I go there I will be carrying it .

Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
1958 Ford F250
Senior User
Originally Posted by yamagrant
LOL....

Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
That stinks, Dave. Keep that thing good and clean. They can get infected.

Keep up the progress on your truck. I'm going to have to clone myself to get mine restarted, but that would make the world too wonderful.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:58 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks , need to do what i did .... went early in the am to pick up my work truck from the ih dealer and lo and behold the guard dog was loose . i had just opened the door of the truck and it came from nowhere and got hold of my pants leg { i jerked it away or it woulda had my leg } . i grabbed my tire bat and slugged the mutt , a german sheperd , several times on the head and snout . it let go and fell to the ground . i called the law and informed them and called the dealerships manager and told him . i don't condone hurting anything , but i killed it , and didn't feel the least bit guilty of it . da^^ thing woulda tore me a new one had the situation been different . they don't keep a guard dog around anymore either .

Quick Reply: Bad Day