6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Pics...Oh Yeah! It happened

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 10:51 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Pics...Oh Yeah! It happened

dhenson5's's Library | Photobucket

You guys are always saying - Pics or it didn't happen.

I can't get YouTube at work to figure out how to put the actual images on the post. It's blocked so we can't spend all day goofing off.

I finally bought my dream truck 10-25-13. I can't say enough good things about it. I've spent months on this site researching to make my decision. I weighed the good and the bad, checked the competition and decided to pull the trigger. With the education I received from this forum, I feel I made an informed decision, and was even able to educate my salesman on several things about this truck. I went into the dealership armed with an education, and was able to negotiate a deal that I am happy with and even made them give me the ESP at cost. I got X-Plan without a PIN, $3,000 bonus cash, and top of the mark on my trade (I had already printed the KBB and NADA listings for it before I went to the dealer).

Old 12-07-2013, 10:58 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
NICE. WOW those platinum's are SWEET !!!

She is a beauty, enjoy

Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Great truck Sea Bee, I like how you armed yourself prior to the purchase, well played, here's your truck

Old 12-07-2013, 11:07 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Thanks for the compliments guys and thank you for the help Gigger. Darren, we define "cold" a little differently than you do, but it is nice having the heated seats and steering wheel when the temps drop here. It also came with the heated rear seats, so I put my jacket in the back with the heaters on for the trip to work, it is warm when I put it on in the parking lot at work.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
I knew I needed rear seat heaters for some thing, gotta love the heated steering wheel, specially up here.....

Old 12-07-2013, 11:15 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Yes sir - it's a rear seat jacket warmer. I just realized that your definition of cold is the same as Darren's. This truck has me spoiled already. I'm almost looking forward to summer to try out the A/C seats. I bet our definition of hot is different from yours too.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
I think I'd like to live in Texas, at least for the winter, I don't like the cold any more

Old 12-07-2013, 11:32 AM
mrjc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The forum, is well worth the price of admission. I was excited to go the dealer several times and test things on the truck I read about in the forums. Even looking at the filters to see if they were really accessible. I got a lot of help when putting the order together, what could I or couldn't I do before bringing it to the dealer. 18" or 20" tires, 3.55 or higher, rapid heat or not, so many things to consider but fortunate to have expert input here help me decide correctly. Even the financing details were of help (x plan or a plan, and got some really good info concerning how to get additional rebates.) Funny you say an education, but purchasing a truck involves learning about a product over a period of time and comparing products, and analyzing, making choices, being involved in crafting a contract and signing or committing to the contract and then following up. Lots of business models being put into practice through the act of purchasing. Fun stuff and even funner if the purchase exceeds your expectation. Our truck pulled our 5th wheel much easier uphill, I was blown away. It was very quiet and gets great mileage towing. The power is amazing. Our first long road trip, the spouse and kids loved traveling in the roomy quiet truck so again, our expectations were exceeded. But you guys on the forum made my purchase of my 2012 f350 a good experience by educating me and therefore being able to communicate effectively with the sales person took the frustration factor out of the deal and we all got what we wanted in the deal without it being painfull.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Well said JC, thx for the info...... pics?

Old 12-07-2013, 11:40 AM
4df150
Elder User
Received 305 Likes on 82 Posts
Nice truck. I thought about the brown color when I got mine but with sunglasses on it looked black. Enjoy you Christmas present...

Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
The education beforehand made this the best purchase experience I have ever had. Obviously, my pleasant buying experience was partly the dealer/salesman, but I believe the biggest contributor to the experience was me knowing exactly what I would take. Once it came time to pay my dealer a visit, I spent two weeks dreading what I expected to be a painful experience. I don't like haggling, or being misinformed, spoken down too, or whatever else they feel is necessary to make a sale. It is amazing what proper research can get you.

Since the 6.7 came out years ago, I was afraid to test drive one of these things until I could afford it, because I knew exactly what would happen (I would have to have it). As it turns out, I was right. I test drove the truck, and bought it ten minutes later. Because this purchase was to be my "dream" truck, I wanted to make sure that I fully researched it, so as not to make a $60k mistake due to emotions fogging my vision. I went into this knowing exactly what I wanted, what a good deal looked like, how much ESP should cost and what things to ensure the dealer took care of (full DEF tank,etc.). BTW, it had 3.1 miles when I climbed in for my test drive.

This thing is so comfortable, my girlfriend and her daughters have all said they want me to take them on a road trip to Florida. I never thought a truck could be this comfortable. I get a smile on my face every time I see it and look for excuses to drive.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:53 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 4df150
Nice truck. I thought about the brown color when I got mine but with sunglasses on it looked black. Enjoy you Christmas present...
So far, most people who have looked at it have thought it was black. I always tell them to wait until the sun is shining directly on it.

The Tuxedo Black Metallic was my favorite color, but I've had black vehicles before, and couldn't keep them clean enough to stay beautiful. It requires almost daily maintenance to keep it looking good.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:44 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Very nice truck. I think the long bed makes the CC truck look proportional and provides for a great look, plus the functionality of course.
I thought it was black at first but the sun hits it just right in a few of the pictures and then you can see it's the Kodiak brown.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Nice rig.

My escape is Kodak brown, really like the color

Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I thought it was my tux blk truck ---
the pics don't show the brown - so I KNOW it's Very nice !!!

it's finally got cold enough here that I verified that the remote start automatically turns on the steering wheel heat and the heater !!! not sure about the seat heater as I've never given it enough time to check that...

And being in TexUS, those cooled seats DO work fairly well, not well enough to make you cold, but more to stop you from getting too hot and sweaty from the dark hot platinum leather....

enjoy !

Quick Reply: Pics...Oh Yeah! It happened