6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

6.0 to the rescue

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
6.0 to the rescue

This is going a "other" type of rescue. You could call it a mission of mercy. I'm leaving in about 20 mins to rescue a Blue Tick Coon dog in Lockport NY. It's abot a 8 hour drive one way and snow is expected Ill try to keep you all up to date on all the particulars like fuel economy and such, plus Ill be going it alone due to my wifes resent surgry so she can't make the trip......Bill

Old 11-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Diver very safe

Sean

Old 11-23-2013, 03:58 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Be careful Bill. Blue tick's are cool--LOL.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:47 AM
vacuumbed
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool, be safe out there.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Thru rain and snow, mission is accomplished on the way home arrive about 930 pm. She is a doll cobalt blue eyes......She is the bell of the ball and that's her name .........Bell

Old 11-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Runs-wifey
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perfect truck for a great dog!! I was raised around coon hounds, bet she is a sweetheart Glad you made it , Prayers that your wife is feeling better soon !!!

Old 11-23-2013, 01:03 PM
gunnarGSD
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Pics pics pics.........of the dog that is. Have a safe trip home.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:16 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Cool man!!!

My wife rescued a Chihuahua from a puppy Mill

we didn't know it but she was Prego and had an Ear Infection so we took her to a Vet in Petsmart well they gave her a steroid for the ears but missed the Baby in there

well couple months go by and we notice she was pregnant didn't think nothing of it

Little dog goes into Labor she couldn't get the Puppy out cause it grew to big from the steroids for her ears Dog must have figured it was Going to Die it was Crying and shaking

Took dog to another vet they said this dog needs emergency surgery like Right NOW!! but they wouldn't do it whats probably Good I bet they was Incompetent

Find another vet he agreed to do it Got the Puppy out it was Dead but Moma Lived This was very Expensive

We was Pissed there was No Reason the puppy had to die All over a Chity Vet at Petsmart that Missed the Puppy and gave her a Steroid for her ears

Never will go to petsmart again that puppy was far enough along they should have caught the Extra Heartbeat according to the Good Vet

Its really wild now this Little dog and my wife have a Bond like no other Iv never seen anything like it

Old 11-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Got back home at 10 pm, We are now trying to get all the girls comfortable . I drove 890 miles today total got 18.5 going up and 21 on th button for mpg hand cal. Will tell the whole story tomorow, Here is short of things to come...It really sucks when a CCLB goes sides down the interstate on a icey hill, it was an adventure for sure

Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Oh no don't say you wrecked the truck on an Icy road

Your a God man to save a Dog

My Blue Heeler was Saved from a Shelter the Folks stood at walley world and was just getting ready to leave and take him to the Pound when the wife walked by and talked to them She couldn't let him go to the Pound so Guess what

I spent some time with him and Trained him he is so Smart Unbelievable smart

My Neighbors all see him and say wow look at that dog He stays in the Yard he does what he is told

he not tied up or in a Kennel he can Do his own thing I don't have to worry about him he is House broke I call him and he Comes

I've had 2 Neighbors one on each side get a Dog thinking its easy train them NOT Both Dogs ended up outside locked into A kennel basically left to Rot there life away in a Jail cell Because the Owners Gave up and couldn't train them

Old 11-24-2013, 04:00 AM
Mcrafty1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35
Oh no don't say you wrecked the truck on an Icy road

Your a God man to save a Dog

My Blue Heeler was Saved from a Shelter the Folks stood at walley world and was just getting ready to leave and take him to the Pound when the wife walked by and talked to them She couldn't let him go to the Pound so Guess what

I spent some time with him and Trained him he is so Smart Unbelievable smart

My Neighbors all see him and say wow look at that dog He stays in the Yard he does what he is told

he not tied up or in a Kennel he can Do his own thing I don't have to worry about him he is House broke I call him and he Comes

I've had 2 Neighbors one on each side get a Dog thinking its easy train them NOT Both Dogs ended up outside locked into A kennel basically left to Rot there life away in a Jail cell Because the Owners Gave up and couldn't train them
Good for you Blade, all dogs really need to be trained is your time. some dogs more than others but I have had many dogs over the years and I have found that if I just give them a lot of my time initially the rest falls into place all by itself. Before you even realize it you have a pretty well trained pet......Oh yeah,and trucks, dogs LOVE trucks,lol.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
As you can see I put Bell in my signature, I 've worked for 2 hours to try and get the pics off my phone and on to the post ...no go. Its got to be the phone so I have to sent them to my pc and then play games with that. No Benny I got VERY lucky and from what I can see the truck came out ok, Ill know when it warms up enough to wash it. She was going to be a rescue but now has a forever home here and my wife decided at the last minute to go, I'm glad she did, Bell was all over at first, we stopped at the local pet store and de fleaed her....what a mess. Put the blanket down on the back seat and went away, 30 minutes later it was raining and snowing, then the temp dropped to 23 degrees. Thats when the chit hit the fan. Cars and trucks all over Rt 90 everywhere, I just weaved and bobbed thru until the BIG hill. Going down I had the factory trans brake engaged, soon as I hit the bridge sideways I went. I over corrected twice (man those CCLB are a lot of truck) Third time I got it right with less motion and kept on truckin' I had to change my underwear later That cliff was a long way down, Cooper AT/3 are in the future, like next week. The only thing that pissed me off is the thermostat went south and dropped to 182* when the RPM's dropped. Maybe cause it was 22* out,I don't know but I started it up this morning and it did all the normal stuff and came up to temps. One other thing,I ran it hard once I got to dry pavement and it preformed great and still got 21 MPG's on the way home.Maybe it's because I doubled up on the dose of Diesel Klean and 2 Stroke or NY state diesel fuel, who knows. Bell is in need of some TLC,but all in all good shape.I can't believe people would treat an animal like that, but then again people treat children that way too,so go figure. I know my wife and I did the right thing (Plus her eyes match my truck) She is going to be a great addition to our family. Did I forget to mention that this could have not had driven any other vehicle and had such a smile on my face later,another reason why I love my 6.0

Old 11-24-2013, 06:13 PM
vacuumbed
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you're home safe, that was quite the adventure and with a sweet victory.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
gunnarGSD
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for rescuing her, she is a cutie.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad ur home safe! u got a great pup! and ur truck's alright too! win-win! mine's a Great Pyrenees. he's about to turn 7 on 11/30, st. andrew's day in scotland. lol.