Krown rustproofing. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Krown rustproofing.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Posting Guru

T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.
Krown rustproofing.

I just had this service done to my truck.

Ct. uses salt as well as a liquid deicer.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Freshman User

Sam Menard is starting off with a positive reputation.
Krown is good product.

Sam
Old 10-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
Where did you have this done, and how much $? Im in CT as well, somewhat interested
Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Posting Guru

T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.T diesel has a good reputation on FTE.
Here's a link... Krown Rust Control| Rustproofing and Protection for Cars, Trucks, Vans
Family run. Give them a call.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:03 AM
Junior User

sjmaye is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T diesel View Post
I just had this service done to my truck.
The underside of my truck has extensive surface rust. Doors have rust bubbles on bottom of inside panels. You had the Krown service performed a couple years ago. Would you still recommend it? Is it better than me doing the work myself?
Old 10-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Elder User

'65Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
In my experience, stopping or slowing down rust once it has a good foot hold on a car/truck is like closing the barn door after the horse is gone. I've never felt anything...oil, rust preventers, POR15, paint, etc...does anything to slow rust once it's started.

I've never tried Krown but have sprayed my own car and truck underneath since new with new motor oil. (Painter drop cloth under car to catch any drips.) All seams around doors, trunks, tailgate, hoods get a coat of WD40 before every winter. This process definitely helps a lot compared to friends with the same cars/trucks. After 20 years I have a car/truck that has little if any body rust (slight rust on edges of fender that get beat by road dirt). Most of the frame and underneath parts have much less rust too compared to friends autos. However, after 20 years the salt begins to form electrical gremlins that begin to nickel/dime you.

I'm kinda surprised you have rust issues in Tennessee...not as much road salt there or so I thought.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Junior User

I think the bulk of my rust was from the 4 year stint I had in Wisconsin. My door rust is attributable to plugged door weep holes (I think).

The reason I am looking at Krown and others is many times I elect to do things myself with tremendous effort when I could have had it done professionally for just a little more.

When the rockers first showed rust bubbles it was already pretty bad. The auto body places recommended I sell the truck. The truck is still beautiful, yet the street value is not much. Especially when I started shopping new trucks. I finally settled that a few thousand dollars to extend the life maybe 5 - 10 more years was worth it.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Posting Guru

I'll be getting a treatment in about 4 wks.
My truck has no rust anywhere. Like new.
It has to be done when new. I bought an 06 350 in 2011 and learned the hard way.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T diesel View Post
It has to be done when new.
So, Krown is only good for rust free trucks? Won't work for mine, then. I did see that Ziebart has a service for vehicles with existing rust. My only concern with them is they have a reputation for being extremely expensive.