Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

October Meet

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 11:06 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess we will see. The 26th would be fine, I think I get paid on Wednesday and I have to fork out $80 for tabs since mine expired in June and I guess I forgot. So after I pay that and get some gas I will be safe to drive there. If we are doing it at 5 pm I probably won't be there till 5:30 to 6. I normally wake up at 6:30 for work. But, I'll make it.

So Jimmy Macs at 5 pm on Saturday the 26th. I have a feeling we will be the only ones there since it's kind of short notice.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Well if someone was to get there early and stake us out a table.......

You know the drill.

Oh and I will buy you a beer.

Sean

Old 10-21-2013, 03:36 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hehe you don't have too. I'll get there as early as I can but I have my doubts that it will be at 5 exactly. We will see though.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
So who is planning on NOT making it on Saturday October 26?

I'll be there.

Sean

Old 10-26-2013, 05:37 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Everyone but me and you :P. I'll make it some how.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:20 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I hadn't just loaded my truck with 5 gallon buckets of old paint I would head that way. Completely lost track of days/dates lately.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I am here.

Sean

Old 10-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
If I hadn't just loaded my truck with 5 gallon buckets of old paint I would head that way. Completely lost track of days/dates lately.
You should just show up paint and all.

Sean

Old 10-26-2013, 08:04 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I drove to Mount Vernon yesterday to buy something really heavy for the truck and running at 70mph on the highway empty there and around 1,500lbs in the bed on the way back. 85 miles and 11.1 gallons of gas, I will let you do the math as the result makes me want to cry. But means to an end my friend.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it. Didn't see this thread until now. Anyways, I think I am about an hour away from the place you guys meet anyways. We all need to get together to do some light wheelin or maybe get together and go salmon fishing next year!

Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 AM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
Sorry I couldn't make it. Didn't see this thread until now. Anyways, I think I am about an hour away from the place you guys meet anyways. We all need to get together to do some light wheelin or maybe get together and go salmon fishing next year!
That sounds like a great idea! I'm down for that

Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Salmon fishing might be alright, I'm not the biggest fisherman so I'd probably pull up a chair and relax. As for wheelin, I've only got rear wheel drive. Once I get my gears matched and maybe even swap in an NP-205 transfer case, I'll be alright for wheeling.

Where do you guys normally fish? I've only fished on the green river this year. It was alright but not something I could do for a long time.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Salmon fishing might be alright, I'm not the biggest fisherman so I'd probably pull up a chair and relax. As for wheelin, I've only got rear wheel drive. Once I get my gears matched and maybe even swap in an NP-205 transfer case, I'll be alright for wheeling.

Where do you guys normally fish? I've only fished on the green river this year. It was alright but not something I could do for a long time.
Light Wheelin means that you would be ok with 2WD lol. Also, You can fish so many places here. The Puget Sound, Puyallap River, Nisqually, Green, and so many other places. I probably caught 100+ pinks this season(Obviously released the majority of them. I was also lucky to catch 2 Kings this season also.

Also we could even do a Mt Rainier drive through, families would be welcome and it could be a sweet event. Just throwing ideas out there, as I know most of us have wives and children and doing a "man only" meet is tough sometimes haha.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
It's good to throw ideas out. We had plans for a big camping trip a long while ago, unfortunately only me and a few others were going to make it so we called it off.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
Light Wheelin means that you would be ok with 2WD lol. Also, You can fish so many places here. The Puget Sound, Puyallap River, Nisqually, Green, and so many other places. I probably caught 100+ pinks this season(Obviously released the majority of them. I was also lucky to catch 2 Kings this season also.

Also we could even do a Mt Rainier drive through, families would be welcome and it could be a sweet event. Just throwing ideas out there, as I know most of us have wives and children and doing a "man only" meet is tough sometimes haha.

x2 on the fishing spots. I go mostly off the west side of the island.

I think if we could try planning another large camping style meet, I'd be able to make it this time.

-Jameson

Quick Reply: October Meet