Aerostar Ford Aerostar

Aerostar entertainment system

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 07:09 PM
tote_baggs
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerostar entertainment system

Evening Fellas and felines, I've a project I'm working on, so I'll get to the point with a lil story on the side.

I was exploring a local pull a part for the goodies to enhance my 93 dodge spirit "gypsy"

and i came across an interesting find, a 97 ford aerostar with an overhead LCD system built in. after some work and tiring effort, i manage to get the overhead piece off the rear passenger area. but now here's the problem, i realize, i SUCK AT WIRING!

there's really not a lot i can do with this set, unless i can get some help, to do it myself,

in this collection of stuff after taking it apart and testing it. for loose wires and such, everything seems right.
part numbers i am able to get off of this thing.

vcp/AV/rca/aux&volume controll W/ harness
cirtek sereal: 98104018(second 8 is possibly S sticker is folded slightly cant quite see it) mf.d. 12/21/98

cd/power control
model#
16239121 (possibly a standard ford part)

center hub box hidden under the console's paneling
cirtek:
98104046 Mf.D. 12/21/98

miniture Television/LCD dysplay
Unknown make/model no legible information on the caseing possibly "rosen" but that may jsut be the spring loaded system that it's mounted on. to drop down and lock in place form its position

Second VCP volume control with headphone jacks
Cirtek814511 Mf.D. 12/21/98

I assume i retained enough to adapt a ps2 slim in to the system and have it use the monitor/LCD screen as a television via RCA jacks.

if not,, I'd live to know for good or bad weather or not i can use them as well as a wiring harness diagram to figure out how it incorporate this lil bit in to my gypsy as a lil more oomph when i get her in to better shape.

appreciate the time fellas, Thanks.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:22 AM
KhanTyranitar
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is no factory entertainment center in any year Aerostar. What you are dealing with is a custom installation. Pretty cool and rare find. This was built by a custom audio shop and from your description it would be very fine work. This would be far more useful with pictures.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
tote_baggs
New User
Originally Posted by KhanTyranitar
There is no factory entertainment center in any year Aerostar. What you are dealing with is a custom installation. Pretty cool and rare find. This was built by a custom audio shop and from your description it would be very fine work. This would be far more useful with pictures.
Yeah.. i figured as much.. sadly. I'll post some pics of the setup later today, cause it's odd. the setup came with it's own pre-formed console area. outside of spending some big $ to get something plastic formed, i don't really see how it couldn't have been anything but factory since it matched the interior and forward overhead console, but maybe i did indeed just get lucky finding it.

either way, yeah i'll post pics after a while.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:17 PM
tote_baggs
New User
the console body

the mini TV

Right most controller

center left RCA jack area

left headhone jack/controller

Old 08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
KhanTyranitar
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very nice looking system and components. However either some spend a good chunk of change having those parts formed. Or maybe this was a commercially made kit. In any case it's not factory. It probably integrates through the factory premium sound wiring.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 AM
tote_baggs
New User
Originally Posted by KhanTyranitar
Very nice looking system and components. However either some spend a good chunk of change having those parts formed. Or maybe this was a commercially made kit. In any case it's not factory. It probably integrates through the factory premium sound wiring.
you are likley right, it being a aftermarket kit, damn was hopeing i'd have an easier time getting a wireing diagram for it so i could plug the bstrd in, and get it mounted, i guess i'll be paying a visit to the auto-audio shop

Thanks khan.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM
93nighthawk
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you sure that you got it out of an Aerostar and not a Astro?

Those look like GM part numbers, and doing a quick search, I found this

model#16239121

Or it could be an AM system that used factory style controls to save money.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress of install.