Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Franko72??

Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Supercab
Post Fiend
Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wink Franko72??

-Haven't seen our friend Frank on here in a while again since he moved to the Orlando area.......anyone know whats going on?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:46 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
Here I am Rick
I let the grass grow up under my truck since I've moved and have been commuting on my motorcycle. I've only driven the truck to work three times in the past four months.
I tried to drive it Thursday but a failed IDM put me back on the bike. It's fixed now and I'll be giving it a shake down run over to Celebration this afternoon for a cookout/pool party.
Hopefully it was just the IDM and not a chaffed wire that will rear it's ugly head again... I guess letting the truck sit outside in 100% humidity and daily rain storms isn't the best thing for electronics

New City job is going good, but I took a huge pay cut, so I'm learning to be poor all over again
It would cost my $13-$15 a day to drive my truck to work, but only $25-ish a week on my bike so that's a no brainer...
I'm in the middle of restoring a project bike I bought (2003 Honda CBR1100xx Super Blackbird) so what little spare money I have is going into the bike while the truck sits on the back burner.

I have to check in more often
Hows things on the coast? I have yet to make a trip over your way.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
^ There he is!

Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog
Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Be careful on the bike. I am a former rider who didn't have a car option. Rode that thing in the rain, sleet, snow and heat for 2 years. Last night, we had a guy sitting at the light at 1am waiting for it to turn green. Someone ran him over from behind and kept on going. EMS hauled him off while doing CPR on him. Not sure if night shift located a witness or not. Moral of the story: don't ride that thing around on Friday and Saturday nights with the drunks!!!

Take care, Frank!

Old 08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
Thanks Mike, its scary down here come snowbird season. I almost get killed everyday.
My emt buddy gave me very bright flashing led light that I mounted below my brake light.

I try to stay very vigilant while riding & I wear my high visability vest in the dark.
I'm sure my day is coming....

Old 08-10-2013, 05:08 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
fordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant futurefordpride has a brilliant future
The XX is a nice bike. I ride a modded 929RR. I had to put back together two years ago cause butt wipe pulled out in front of me and I laid it down.

This is it the day after it was all pretty again

Old 08-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Very nice Mike! I looked at quite a few CBR's and the Bird fit just right. It's very comfortable for a cruise missle. I moved up from an '04 VFR800.
My bird was abused & I'm restoring it slowly.
Ride safe.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 PM
Supercab
Post Fiend
Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.Supercab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Glad to hear you are doing ok Frank! -I gotta take a ride over your way someday soon-don't be a stranger just because you aren't driving your GREAT truck!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
Rick, one of these weekends I'm going to take a ride out your way. I'll let you know when I do, we'll have lunch.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Supercab
Post Fiend
Wink

Originally Posted by Franko72 View Post
Rick, one of these weekends I'm going to take a ride out your way. I'll let you know when I do, we'll have lunch.
That'll work! I'll send ya my phone # in a PM