Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

How was turkey weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:29 AM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How was turkey weekend?

Well since nobody has posted here for awhile, I thought I'd ask how everyone's Thanksgiving weekend went. Mine was pretty good actually, alot better than last years I'll tell you. (If you remember I drove back to Reno only to drive back 27 days later neutered and humbled).

Anywhoo, myself, my girlfriend, her mother, and my friend Jeremy went to my parents house for the BEST turkey dinner I've had in a year. This gave my folks a chance to meet Debbie's mom and vice versa. It thankfully went well, even though I didn't think it would go bad. We all had a good time and the best part of the evening was watching 4 overstuffed people cram into a 1972 Pontiac Ventura II and hearing the springs creak and groan and the car say, "oh come on!!".
I only had one complaint though, my Lions got killed. Yes, I'm a Lions fan and nobody can say anything about "bandwagoning" here.

The rest of the weekend was pretty lazy because of rain and snow here in the Billings area. I got my 500 mile oil change done on Hoss and put new u-joints on the front driveline just before the snow flew. Other than that, I've been working on a model, (69 Pontiac Firebird) and napping. I truly believe that's what Thankgiving is all about, spending time with friends and family, and then doing whatever you want to do the rest of the time.

I'm thankful that I've got family and friends that support me, I'm thankful that my best friend is back from duty in Iraq alive and healthy and I'm thankful to have gotten to know some of you guys and gals and to have gotten some good advise from y'all and for letting me rant like this.
Most of all, I'm thankful for Debbie putting up with me, or as she says, her little "Grouch Grouchington" at times.

So how was everyone else's Turkey weekend?

Dan.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Dan......thanks for posting and waking this part of the forums up a bit!

The wife and I had a very low key Thanksgiving a day early..on Wednesday, because I had a 12 hour shift on Thursday that I couldn't get out of. Then I worked Friday and Sunday, so we didn't do a heck of a lot. It was our intention of just the two of us for the meal..a usual thing.. so it went very well, with me cooking the Turkey and making the dressing and mashed taters. We didn't get too carried away with food.. just a 13 pound turkey..cooked until falling apart in my Nesco Roaster.

Glad to hear you had a great day doing hobbies and relaxing. I also worked for a while on a carving I'm doing for a guy who is doing a major tattoo job on my back.....to help offset costs. For what he's charged me, Im getting about $2000 worth of work done for less than a quarter of the cost. So, Im doing an Eagle head in an elk button, mounting it in cottonwood bark, with some feathers carved onto the cottonwood bark, surrounding or below the head. I haven't finalized the plans for the finish work yet, but it's turning out to be nearly as many hours work as he's doing on my back. Hope he and his wife appreciate it.

Take care and have a great Christmas!!

Old 11-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Had some good friends over to visit, I had to work but aomebody has too...

I turned 21 last tuesday, and partied friday at the Wild West...

If you aren't doing anything Friday, a couple fellow FTE'rs and I are going to the Gun show at the metra... lemme know if you are interested...We'll probably go shooting after that if its decent...