1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock 2013

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
I made it into Nixa, MO, tonight (near Springfield)..
OK Ross, I've been wondering about this. What route are you taking to get back home from eastern Kentucky?

I looked up Nixa, MO and Springfield, and I don't see why you would logically be in Nixa. Are you taking US Hwy 60 and staying off the Intersate?

Whatever you're doing, I think it's cool!

Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 PM
9teen56f100
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ross enjoy your trip home and stay safe.
brian...

Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am so jealous.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 PM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ross, just keep clicking off the miles and before you know it you'll be looking at the east side of nine mile, hell you'll be so glad to see it you'll probably keep driving west just so you can turn around, wait till dark and cruise on home. Take her easy buddy.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 544 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
OK Ross, I've been wondering about this. What route are you taking to get back home from eastern Kentucky?

I looked up Nixa, MO and Springfield, and I don't see why you would logically be in Nixa. Are you taking US Hwy 60 and staying off the Intersate?

Whatever you're doing, I think it's cool!
Ross,
I'm with Jolly Roger Joe. I live in Missouri and can't figure your route. Beautiful country down that way but the roads can be a bit winding Hope your having a great trip so far. FYI There are FTE members in Springfield and around Joplin. You're already long past me in St Charles, MO.
God Speed.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 544 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by Rojak
I rolled in about 8:15. Thanks again to everyone for a fantastic weekend.

Good to hear the return trip is going well Ross.
Be sure to put my glass in a safe place glad you made it home OK!

Old 09-16-2013, 09:45 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by DR Smith
All my good buddy's have ruined it for me . After truckstock the wife is telling me what to do . She even refused to wash the panel when we got home last night .
Everyone gave Dave's a lot of support at Truckstock, she needed it. We even saw Dave get her a drink or two.

Originally Posted by DR Smith
Everyone picks on Bob , and he takes it well . I hope he understands how much we all like him and how much a part of these get together he is . After this weekend he will have a break as we have someone new to pick on. first a near death experience , then a phone call to a girl friend to prove she was real . Can't wait until the next time we get together.
Originally Posted by Doc
Agreed! Bob is the life of the party, and the first one to "pile on" here with a funny cartoon or quote when somebody says something crazy. He's a good sport, and we all realize how much it means to him. They were really sad to leave yesterday, and I hated to see them and everybody else go.
Thanks you guys, these meets really do mean a lot to me. I honestly can't remember an event, even with my own family, where I've felt so welcomed.

Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Yes doc I m back at home and at work��
Bob and his better half left my house around 9 I m guessing that he will be along here shortly. Ps , I gave him my iPad to play with on the way home and he was quit for almost an hour!!��we got back to my neck of the woods around 11:30pm
Heck, I needed the iPad to take my attention away from Chris's driving. I don't think there was a vehicle we didn't pass on the way home. We did make pretty good time though.

Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
By the way doc!, I love the view from your front porch

Great picture Chris. I don't I've seen a prettier view especially the first think in the morning when you walk out the house. My wife was just awed by it.

Originally Posted by Doc
Bob just sent me a text. He's safely back in Wisconsin. Let's pray for safe travels for Ross. He's still a long way from home in that 52 flathead.
Ross, include me in wishing you a safe trip. You have the time, enjoy it.

Originally Posted by teardropty
A special note to Bob and Michelle:

TS13 would not have been the same without you. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rojak
The steamy passion of Mr & Mrs Jones... A tribute to Jeff and Nicolle! When the F2 is rockin' don't come knockin'!!!
That's right, after last Spring's Truckfest meet's steamy photo shoot I knew it would be hard to top Jeff & Nichole but we thought we offer a tribute to you two. Even if you couldn't be there you were there in our hearts.

After we left Chris's house this morning we took a nice leisurely drive home through the rustic roads of SE Wisconsin we could find in between. Only thing better than meeting with a bunch of great friends and having a good time is cruising the back road with a pretty girl in an old noisy, bumpy truck.

Gary, I must apologize. I didn't say, "Bye" before we let out on our little road trip around the area. I thought you'd be around for a while but then we saw you coming toward us on the highway. Take care of that little baby, I know you'll spoil the heck out of him.

We had a great time. Doc, Ami, your family and friends once again knocked it out of the ball park.

I also want to again thank Craig, Dmptrkr and Duane, FortyNiner for their help for helping me get the F-2 running, just want you guys know a little bit of you came along with us. Also, Chris, you're crazy man. I really appreciate all of your help and driving.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
This is my route (more or less). I prefer US Highways to interstates, but took I-40 to Amarillo, I-44 to Tulsa, and portions of other interstates around Bowling Green, Paducah, etc. It's better than dipping down to Little Rock and going thru Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville.

Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Homade, I love your truck more every time I see it... Such a sweet truck. What size tires and wheels do you have on her? Is there some place I can see more pics of her?

Old 09-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Craig
Homade, I love your truck more every time I see it... Such a sweet truck. What size tires and wheels do you have on her? Is there some place I can see more pics of her?
Go to truckstock and you can take all the pictures you want. He might even let you sit in the driver seat and go Vroom Vroom.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Go to truckstock and you can take all the pictures you want. He might even let you sit in the driver seat and go Vroom Vroom.
LOL... Can I... Please... Please... Can I! Harrier said I could!

Old 09-17-2013, 08:21 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
It even known that Gary will allow certain people to drive Homemade, not just sit in it and go "Vroom-Vroom!"

Old 09-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
It even known that Gary will allow certain people to drive Homemade, not just sit in it and go "Vroom-Vroom!"
Yeah I've heard that too. I just didn't want him to get his hopes up in case he didn't make the cut. The state my truck is in, I would be tickled pink just getting to go Vroom-Vroom sitting in a finished truck.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Bob, can you photoshop out my blue four-wheeler in that picture? If I had known he was gonna take such a nice picture like that, I would have moved it out of the way.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heck, I needed the iPad to take my attention away from Chris's driving. I don't think there was a vehicle we didn't pass on the way home. We did make pretty good tiime

I also want to again thank Craig, Dmptrkr and Duane, FortyNiner for their help for helping me get the F-2 running, just want you guys know a little bit of you came along with us. Also, Chris, you're crazy man. I really appreciate all of your help and driving.[/QUOTE]

Bob , just remember back rub foot rub then the fun parts
And tell Michelle " no dirty boots in the new cabin/deer stand !! " lol

Quick Reply: Truckstock 2013