Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Truckstock 2013 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1253178-truckstock-2013-a.html)

Doc 07-02-2013 03:15 PM

Truckstock 2013

Truckstock 2013 will happen on September 13-15th of this year. It will take place once again at my farm near Blackey, KY. Pretty much the same exact weekend as last year. It is open to any active, participating members of this 1948-56 FTE forum. I am very busy this year with a new job, several big projects at home, and coaching little league. So the theme of this year's event is KEEP IT SIMPLE. If you're interested in attending, send me an email to truckstock2013@gmail.com (NOT the same email as last year), and I'll get an email discussion group going. In keeping with the simple theme, I request that we try to stick with this one singular thread for all questions, discussion, and planning outside of the email discussion group. In other words, PLEASE do not make a ton of different threads about travel, food, weather, who's bringing what vehicle, etc. By the time the original Truckstock finally arrived last year, I was exhausted from just simply replying to the half dozen active threads about the event and everything else.

This year's event will be the same, but also simplified from my standpoint. For example, we'll probably just do some community cookouts/breakfasts with our existing kitchen facilities and gas grills this year. We'll probably just get a head count of who actually shows up this time around, and make a few short "cruises" to the local grocery store. No catering this year. We'll take care of it ourselves after everybody gets here. The catering, menus, etc. became a logistical headache along with keeping up with "the list" last year.

If you like the idea is sitting under some big shade trees talking about trucks or life in general, tinkering with your truck in my shop (if needed), cookouts, and enjoying the night around a campfire with your friends, Truckstock is the place for you. If you prefer hot blacktop, rows and rows of cars and trucks, and having an alcohol-fueled wild time, Truckstock is probably not the place for you. Ask anybody who attended either Truckstock or the recent Truckfest in Illinois--they'll tell you that we had a blast!!!

Again, let me stress the most important point--if you want to attend our event, you don't need to be a stranger here on FTE. ONLY active, contributing members of this forum will be allowed. So if you're a newbie or lurker out there, speak up and tell us about yourself. Complete "strangers" will not be allowed to come up my driveway. I make this rule to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the people who will be there. Also, this thread will eventually get filled with very useful information (and a lot of funny nonsense) about the event as the date grows near. Yes, it will probably grow to several pages long. And, yes, I expect you to follow along and read it fully for the information and the overall sense of what our "family reunion" is about.

We highly encourage everybody to bring their truck (whether it's in boxes, partially finished on a trailer, a daily driver, or a trailer queen), but it's not a requirement. Multiple members attended last year without their trucks.

So who's coming this year? :-X22

harleymsn 07-02-2013 04:13 PM

I like the new 'simplified' plan, count on us being there!!

ALBUQ F-1 07-02-2013 05:05 PM

Count me in! :-wink

4tl8ford 07-02-2013 05:15 PM

Miracle cure happens, I'll be there

bobj49f2 07-02-2013 05:31 PM

Shane, I'll be there with the wife. We've been looking forward to hearing the official announcement. Guys, Shane is correct, if you like huge events with lots of activities and lots of booze this is not the event for you. We're all laid back and pretty much sit around and give Gary a hard time. There is no booze but we do have a special appearance of SpongeBob.

Originally Posted by 4tl8ford (Post 13306309)
Miracle cure happens, I'll be there

OK guys, don't be afraid. Dick won't bite but I can't guarantee it. Also, Gary likes to sit around the fire in his Spongebobs, I'm not sure what, or even if anything, Dick will be wearing, he's kind of a free spirit.

raytasch 07-02-2013 05:33 PM

I would not miss it.:D:-X22:-X22:-X22:D

4tl8ford 07-02-2013 06:12 PM

If I can come the 52 will bring me there, there be major changes afoot that will allow a smoth trip

This line from Doc's original post kind of bothers me
Complete "strangers" will not be allowed to come up my driveway. I make this rule to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the people who will be there.
Who measures strange? What is the starting point? How far up or down the scale can one go before the gate at the end of the driveway closes

bobj49f2 07-02-2013 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 4tl8ford (Post 13306441)
This line from Doc's original post kind of bothers me
Complete "strangers" will not be allowed to come up my driveway. I make this rule to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the people who will be there.
Who measures strange? What is the starting point? How far up or down the scale can one go before the gate at the end of the driveway closes

Dick, just get a pair of these:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/71...98_500X500.jpg

Keep your head down and if anyone says anything to you just mumble something in a slight southern drawl. You'll be let right in. :-X04

bobj49f2 07-02-2013 09:06 PM

Dick, I just pulled this from your Fastenal thread:

Originally Posted by 4tl8ford (Post 13306459)
I left one before they could figure out where that rotten egg smell was coming from - It was bad - I turned around to go back down the isle and I almost passed out

Ah, you might want to control this a little better if you're going to sit with the others around the fire at night. I don't think you re-enacting the campfire scene from Blazing Saddle is going to go over too well with the ladies.

abe 07-02-2013 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by bobj49f2 (Post 13306961)
Dick, I just pulled this from your Fastenal thread:

Ah, you might want to control this a little better if you're going to sit with the others around the fire at night. I don't think you re-enacting the campfire scene from Blazing Saddle is going to go over too well with the ladies.

And so it begins.....

Doc, you thought this thread might be a couple of pages long? It is only July 2nd, at this rate this will be longer than that thread about Julie!

bigwin56f100 07-02-2013 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by abe (Post 13307043)
And so it begins.....

Doc, you thought this thread might be a couple of pages long? It is only July 2nd, at this rate this will be longer than that thread about Julie!

Maybe its time to bump up that old thread? :-X04

Harrier 07-02-2013 09:34 PM

This sounds like a blast. I need to check my schedule, but I would be willing to bet I will be traveling to one of Elizabeth's college cross country meets. Just checked online and her schedule isn't posted there yet.

The keep it simple idea is great. It would be awesome to put together a grocery list, drive the classic trucks to the store and each truck would have a list of items to buy. If it could be done without a Fastenal incident...well.....Doc, be sure to call the store first. :)

Harrier 07-02-2013 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigwin56f100 (Post 13307100)
Maybe its time to bump up that old thread? :-X04

I have been tempted many a time, but my brief bouts of sanity has prevented me from doing so.

Doc 07-03-2013 07:09 AM

Not bad for the first few hours. We have five signed up so far. Bob, when you finish yacking about sponge bob, shoot me an email to truckstock2013@gmail.com so that I can add you to the email list.

cruisetopdown 07-03-2013 07:44 AM

I'm in, wouldn't miss it! BTW, who is Julie and will she be joining us? :-X04