Sponsored by: DP Tuner

DP infinity no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DP infinity no start

Here is what I've got. I received my infinity today should get EGT probe tomorrow. I wanted to try it out so I plugged it in. Went to vehicle data doesn't show my VIN not sure if it should. I loaded the 60 Eco tune since I can't see EGT yet. After tune loaded waited 10 sec tried to start turns over but won't start. Reloaded stock tune still wouldn't start. Let it sit about 20 min tried and it started drove it all is well. So I figure ill reload tune and wait so I did and it worked but in vehicle info there is no vin and tune says unk tried to go back to stock and wouldn't start then tried 60 tow tune nothing went back to 60 Eco and started which still comes up as unk. Any ideas or am I going to need to wait till Monday and talk to Jody. Thanks

Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I don't have one of these, but it is a programmer... not a switch. I'm not sure how long it takes for the program to transfer, but the fact that you got it running once implies things are working right (at least part of the time).

Old 06-29-2013, 11:39 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ccbrett
Here is what I've got. I received my infinity today should get EGT probe tomorrow. I wanted to try it out so I plugged it in. Went to vehicle data doesn't show my VIN not sure if it should. I loaded the 60 Eco tune since I can't see EGT yet. After tune loaded waited 10 sec tried to start turns over but won't start. Reloaded stock tune still wouldn't start. Let it sit about 20 min tried and it started drove it all is well. So I figure ill reload tune and wait so I did and it worked but in vehicle info there is no vin and tune says unk tried to go back to stock and wouldn't start then tried 60 tow tune nothing went back to 60 Eco and started which still comes up as unk. Any ideas or am I going to need to wait till Monday and talk to Jody. Thanks
The VIN is not always there in 7.3 PCM We discovered this by trial and error. With the Pl version, which is what I remember you purchased, the VIN is not required for programming the vehicle. We only did this on the DX unit for the ability to program multiple vehicles.

10 seconds is not enough time to program. It should take 2.5-3 minutes to load a new tune.

The unk coming up is foreign to us so that will need to be discussed over the phone. Justin will be on the phones 9-4 pst on Monday his x is 804. He will be able help you on Monday when you call .

Let us know if you have more questions

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Diane thanks for the response. It does take 2-3 min to load program. After its successful it says wait 10sec then start vehicle. I am running the 60 hp Eco now seems to be doing good def feel the difference. Ill give Justin a call Monday thanks again for the help I really like the unit.

Chuck

Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Here is what it shows.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Now this makes more sense. You have an Excursion with PATs. You must go through the PATS relearning time which is longer for it to Relearn. Try it again and after the first 2.5-3 minutes of programming the tune you will need to turn the key off and back on. Walk away for a few minutes and wait for PATS to re-initialize. May take up to 7 minutes or longer. This why you were having the no start issue.

Once you do this the tune info should show up in vehicle info.

Thanks

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 06-29-2013, 01:54 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Ok ill give it a whirl although the pic I took was after running all over town. Do u let it sit with key on for up to seven minutes and does all this happen after it displays succesful just making sure I understand thanks Ill let you know thanks again. Hope my EGT probe gets here today.

Chuck

Old 06-29-2013, 02:02 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Ok ill give it a whirl although the pic I took was after running all over town. Do u let it sit with key on for up to seven minutes just making sure I understand thanks Ill let you know thanks again. Hope my EGT probe gets here today.

Chuck
now that is strange.Unless when you did it the second time you waited just long enough.

Thanks

Diane

Old 06-29-2013, 02:10 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
When I get done running around I'm going to try and go back to stock then load a different tune. Also do I leave truck switched on for PATS to relearn thanks for having patience with me I am about to drive to AK and got to make sure I'm good.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:16 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
When I get done running around I'm going to try and go back to stock then load a different tune. Also do I leave truck switched on for PATS to relearn thanks for having patience with me I am about to drive to AK and got to make sure I'm good.
yes key on and just let it do its thing.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Ok got it key on after infinity displays success wait 10 sec then start truck but ill switch key on a few min before starting.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:37 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Diane I received the EGT probe today the one I got looks a little different than the one in Jody's video min has the black box instead of the small blue on. But I believe I have how it assembles figured out yellow plug goes on the end of the probe wire and then plugs into black box the cable from black box plugs into infinity. Now should the black box be mounted under the hood or under the dash. Thanks again for you time and patience

Chuck

Old 06-29-2013, 05:20 PM
flavo
Senior User
I.E EGT:
I got mine and had some questions that Justin answered. In case you were not aware ( I was not)

"On any K-type thermocouple, the red wire is - and the yellow wire is +. I know it seems odd that it is like that, but that is the standard for all K-type thermocouplers. I have not tried installing it the opposite way to confirm if it will work that way or not."

Old 06-29-2013, 05:49 PM
ccbrett
Senior User
Thanks Flavo going to drill and tap tomorrow hope it goes well.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Justin@DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Chuck,

I hope I was able to help you out with the EGT questions. I believe you have that figured out now.

I will be calling you tomorrow about the unknown tune issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Like us on Facebook!

www.dp-tuner.com

Quick Reply: DP infinity no start