General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Nicest things you've done for your wife

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nicest things you've done for your wife

I guess I feel like spreading a little love today, so how about sharing some good ideas with the rest of us. I do my best to come up with something other than flowers all the time and it does get hard to be original all the time. So, share some of the nicest things you've done for your wife and maybe some of the rest of us can use an idea or two...

For me...
Put her favorite sweat pants and sweatshirt in the dryer about 5 minutes before she gets home and have them all hot and cozy when she walks through the door

She was once following me in her car through a drive through so I paid for her food too and told the window person to tell her I thought she was really hot! (I got a lot of points for that one - lady at the window didn't know we were married)

Bought her the MOST expensive bath towel for her birthday once. It was like $90 for one towel - crazy. But it is really big and plush and every time she gets out of the shower it reminds her I love her. I threatened the kids with instant death if any of them ever even thought about using her towel!

Help... I'm out of good ideas!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:07 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,115 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I was born....... nuff said!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, after 30 years the diamonds are done. Cars are done...in fact she usually gets a new one around MY birthday. We quit flowers a long tome ago. But, a few years ago I had flower overnighted from Hawaii to her office for V-Day.

I still write her poems from time to time. And this spring break she and the girls are finally going on a Mother/Daughter trip to Jamaica.

Today? I e-mailed her the you tube link to:

Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by kw5413
Well, after 30 years the diamonds are done. Cars are done...in fact she usually gets a new one around MY birthday. We quit flowers a long tome ago. But, a few years ago I had flower overnighted from Hawaii to her office for V-Day.

I still write her poems from time to time. And this spring break she and the girls are finally going on a Mother/Daughter trip to Jamaica.

Today? I e-mailed her the you tube link to:
Good choice! I might use that one sometime.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,230 Likes on 808 Posts
My wife loves flowers and loves to have them delivered to her at work. This is normally what I do for her.

However, I do nice things for her all year long. I cook, I clean, I earn good money and she controls it and I take out on a date night weekly.

And, when I'm not home, she controls the remote.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:57 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
My wife loves flowers and loves to have them delivered to her at work. This is normally what I do for her.

However, I do nice things for her all year long. I cook, I clean, I earn good money and she controls it and I take out on a date night weekly.

NO! Say it ain't so Tim!

You indoctrinated her into the Remote Universal Intelligence Network?

You broke the man code.....

Old 02-15-2013, 07:02 AM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was so nice I gave a boatload of property, cash and prizes to the wifey (and her miserable attorney) in a divorce.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:29 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by LMS Residential
I was so nice I gave a boatload of property, cash and prizes to the wifey (and her miserable attorney) in a divorce.
Didn't figure it would take too long before we got one of these!
At least you still have your truck!!!!!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,409 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD
I was born....... nuff said!
That was my thought too BUT one of them once said: "we have a difference in religion----you think you're God and I DON'T" Clever gal she was! (That's not a true story---just quoting song lyrics by Trick Pony! )

Originally Posted by tseekins

That's the best way to send flowers---they work magic when all her work buddies get to see what she's received. A guy gets major reps on the home front for that sort of thing!

Don't know I could give up the remote but doing nice things all year long does make anyone appreciate their loved one! Good on ya man!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 251 Likes on 110 Posts
I married her, twice!! She wanted another new Kuerig, she got it. She wanted a remote start for her car, she got it. Buying V day gifts for her are hard, I usually give her stuff all year, just because. Gift giving holidays are usually pretty hard for each of us because of that. Why does anyone need a holiday to give their wife a gift. Why not just, whenever the mood strikes?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by johnday
I married her, twice!! She wanted another new Kuerig, she got it. She wanted a remote start for her car, she got it. Buying V day gifts for her are hard, I usually give her stuff all year, just because. Gift giving holidays are usually pretty hard for each of us because of that. Why does anyone need a holiday to give their wife a gift. Why not just, whenever the mood strikes?
What the heck is a Kuerig?

Holidays are hard after you've been together a while cause you have about everything you need. When we were young and broke it was easier to decide just harder to afford what I wanted to get her.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:47 PM
johnday
Cargo Master
Received 251 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by mjunk1
What the heck is a Kuerig?

Holidays are hard after you've been together a while cause you have about everything you need. When we were young and broke it was easier to decide just harder to afford what I wanted to get her.

It's a highend coffee maker, neither one of us can stand weak brown water coffee.

LOL on that 2nd paragraph, and how true.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:04 PM
Pinky525
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the wife. But I do not like flowers or cards or jewelry and I am on a diet. So we did not do anything for Vday. Well I like flowers, but I do not like cut flowers. I told him to get me a bonsai tree. He didn't. I really would like a new dishwasher (mine died in August) and now my truck parts.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:15 PM
LMS Residential
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mjunk1
Didn't figure it would take too long before we got one of these!
At least you still have your truck!!!!!
Didn't want to throw a wrench in the thread, I think it's great that you guys are treating your spouses so well. On the other hand, I'm hoping my former took a great big bite out of the "special" chocolates I sent her yesterday.
Carry on!

Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,772 Likes on 1,154 Posts
my wife is not into flowers, candy or cards. she was totally stoked last year when I bought her a 7.3L excursion, than I put a new engine in a toyota 4 runner I had for her a work car so she didn't rack up the miles on her Excursion. I cook dinner everynight, do dishes quite often, I put her through nursing school debt free, and am now putting through her bachelors degree.

Quick Reply: Nicest things you've done for your wife