Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Finally back!

Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Half Alive
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally back!

there is such a satsifying feeling to being the owner of a ford pick up espeically after a couple of years going with out one .... I am finally back behind the wheel its a 91 ford ranger super cab 2x4 standard tranmission truck and while it is quite a great deal smaller than my old 94 f-150 that i had to part with... I have chosen to make the ranger into my project truck. Though the feeling on having a ford again still has me giddy =D

Also while i have not been on here in quite some time I would like to say thanks to all those who helped me when i had my f-150 and to all those who i am sure will aid my along the path of my ranger. Now on to my trucks future...

First a little bit about the truck
91 ranger super cap
2x4
standard tran.
3.0 liter v6 engine
101331 miles when bought

Bought it just a couple weeks ago and it drives like a dream and at 24 mpg i can't complain currently in the process of replacing parts done out by wear and tear.

I had to completely replace both rear back brakes after popping off the drum on left side and the entire assembly fell out broken :/
went ahead and replaced both sides

Next week its onto u-joints which look like there still the factory ones and rear wheel bearings(btw if anyone knows a good thread for that please direct me i always like to over study on projects.)

Then the shocks which look like the orignals lol i touched one of the rear ones it was so rusted out a one inch chunk fell off of it.

After that i am not sure which direction i am going to head but i do know eventually i want to convert it over to four wheel drive which is kind of a daunting task but i have all the indicators for a 4v4 on my dash so i figured why not and to get the biggest tires i can for the orginal rims i have on.

Also anyone who has some wisdom to share on what to look out for on my truck i have looked it over and it seems like the truck pretty much has had little in the way of parts changed out on it unless they had to be. besides the entire clutch system being replaced before i bought it