6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 11:02 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,958 Likes on 1,574 Posts
Howdy guys!

Good job Roy, I have a Facebook account but I don't get on there much and I don't know the last time I posted.

Jim, I think most places here have also removed there signs. I was at the hardware store yesterday no signs but the employees were still wearing there masks. And maybe 50% of the patrions were wearing masks. No one at the parts house were wearing masks, but they did have a sign stating if you have been a sick or are feeling sick to please wear a mask. I'm good with that one.

Thanks for the comments on retiring, it's going to be fun. And I know already it's going to be a real task to pace myself and not work 12 or 14 hours a day. We have all heard it or said it that I need to go back to work to rest...... those days are over.

Old 05-25-2021, 11:04 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Don
They are protecting you from yourself........impossible to eat donuts with a mask on. Can’t get overweight that way!
Where there's a will, there's a way. Nothing stands between me and my apple fritter!

The following 2 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 05-25-2021, 11:12 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I stopped at the donut shop after my quarterly visit to the dentist. They were strictly enforcing masks at the donut shop. Kind of strange since everywhere else (except medical) has relaxed the mask rule and most have taken down their signs.
We have a few places like that down here. We walk in and if we're greeted by the mask ***** I'll tell 'em to f-off and we leave. My wife is worse about it than me, she just words it different. Just watch the biggest mask ***** in private. Michigan's governor comes to mind immediately. Obviously they don't really believe in them either. Moving on, congratulations Tim on your retirement. I am officially jealous. I've always told people that you can find my retirement day by looking at the date either to the right or on the bottom of my tombstone. I hope it's not prophetic. More good news in the salt mines this AM (being very facetious) . In addition to the new ball screw & bearing assembly for the red router now we have to replace one of the A/C spindles (the router) and A/C drives on the green router. We are down to one functioning router head. Supposedly the parts are on the way....... Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Dr Gloom & Doom signing off......

The following 2 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 05-25-2021, 11:15 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Oh man! Sorry to hear about the router problems.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:03 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,367 Likes on 1,332 Posts
Good morning everyone. Things are starting to slow up here a bit. Wife is home from the hospital, today should be the last day for the home nurse and I no longer have to give IV's 3 times a day. Things are starting to look up, but we will have a long recovery period ahead of us.

We now have to have our Vaccine passports to go unmasked in some locations. Others are still requiring masks because they don't feel it is there place to ask for or require proof of vaccine. Ran into it at one store yesterday. Costco just asked if I had been vaccinated. When I said yes, they said I didn't need a mask. I saw several people say no or "none of your business" and they were handed masks and told they had to wear them.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:08 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit-P3
Good morning everyone. Things are starting to slow up here a bit. Wife is home from the hospital, today should be the last day for the home nurse and I no longer have to give IV's 3 times a day. Things are starting to look up, but we will have a long recovery period ahead of us.

We now have to have our Vaccine passports to go unmasked in some locations. Others are still requiring masks because they don't feel it is there place to ask for or require proof of vaccine. Ran into it at one store yesterday. Costco just asked if I had been vaccinated. When I said yes, they said I didn't need a mask. I saw several people say no or "none of your business" and they were handed masks and told they had to wear them.
WOW! I have been afraid of that. It's going to drive up the online shopping even more.

Glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:49 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Tim Young
WOW! I have been afraid of that. It's going to drive up the online shopping even more.

Glad to hear your wife is doing better.
Our Governor and the Oregon Health Authority has dictated that if we want to go without a mask, it is up to the establishment to verify vaccination. Since OR-OSHA has dictated masked for employees are mandatory by administrative-executive fiat, regardless of vaccine status, most businesses are saying they aren't cops, employees have to wear them and so does everyone else.
More lawsuits flying...at least the attorney's are making money.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:52 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,697 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Where there's a will, there's a way. Nothing stands between me and my apple fritter!
Those are so good!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 05-25-2021, 01:11 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Well, maybe a Bavarian Creme filled....?

Old 05-25-2021, 01:14 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Yup.......if there is a fresh apple fritter around.........it ain’t for long!

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-25-2021, 01:17 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Well, maybe a Bavarian Creme filled....?
Nope. I've walked out of the store empty handed when they were sold out of apple fritters. I have standards!

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-25-2021, 02:21 PM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Nope. I've walked out of the store empty handed when they were sold out of apple fritters. I have standards!

Old 05-25-2021, 09:25 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,168 Likes on 568 Posts
Our Governor and the Oregon Health Authority has dictated that if we want to go without a mask, it is up to the establishment to verify vaccination. Since OR-OSHA has dictated masked for employees are mandatory by administrative-executive fiat, regardless of vaccine status, most businesses are saying they aren't cops, employees have to wear them and so does everyone else.
More lawsuits flying...at least the attorney's are making money.
Are you in the part that wants to become greater Idaho? Glad the Mrs is on the mend!

Old 05-25-2021, 09:43 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,168 Likes on 568 Posts
I have not run into a store that wants to permanently end all business relationship with me by demanding a mask. Hopefully I don't, but we shall see.

Met with our excavator today, things are wrapping up with the driveway. Another 160 tons of stone and we're going to call it good for now. Was able to drive to the end of the driveway in the truck with the flatbed trailer. He set up our campsite area and spread some gravel on that. At the end, there is a big loop so I can turn around with whatever trailer I am dragging. At the end of the loop, the gravel is about 30 ft wide so it works out as kind of a pull through site along the road. Hard to explain that well and I failed to take pictures from the right angle. Regardless, we'll be camping in there soon.

Mama got a couple hours on the tractor moving some dirt, I cooked the brats.

The following 7 users liked this post by ExxWhy:
BowtieConvert, EO2SeaBee, Iowa Ford, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-2021, 12:56 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
I stopped at the donut shop after my quarterly visit to the dentist. They were strictly enforcing masks at the donut shop. Kind of strange since everywhere else (except medical) has relaxed the mask rule and most have taken down their signs.
A while back, I walked into a store.... Was told that a mask is required. "Ok, I'll spend my money elsewhere" and walked out.
I will not be a part of the lie......

The following 3 users liked this post by Sailor Roy:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most