6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 06:17 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,381 Likes on 1,735 Posts
Old 09-18-2020, 06:32 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,697 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Good morning guys! Happy Friday!

Gerry nailed it...that guy stuck on the beach no doubt heard an earful from his wife. Divorced for sure! That 6x6 pic is rare. I love it!

Jim, I don't know if that was you on the beach, I navigated for you. I can easily see that being me and Bruce nabbing the picture. The sad part would be I would have no idea how it happened

Bruce, I spit coffee out on that post. That was hilarious...may I never cross you!!!

Roy, I have no idea why or what's going with the Ford website. The 2021's are not on there yet. I think you need to call a dealer to get something going.

Jon, hope the knee is doing as good as it can.

Tim, Hope the fires are slowing down.

Swamp Don, how bad is Sally impacting where you are at?

Don, headed out this weekend for a fall colors ride. I was told one other couple would be joining us but I'm not certain.

Doug, your grass finally growing again?

Jim, Texicans...not heard that term in a long time. They do take care of their dogs down there.

Tim, getting close to harvest time?

Regarding work, it's decided. Was not a hard decision. I expressed interest in a 1 level promotion and work remotely (corporate policy requires you to relocate to the plant you report to). They denied that yesterday and asked me to take a 2 level jump and relocate. It was a little frustrating as I told them the reasons why I couldn't and they conveniently disregarded (or at least would not address them) those reasons. I turned it down. Nothing is changing for me. Hopefully they hire someone that I can get along with...

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread

Old 09-18-2020, 06:42 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,381 Likes on 1,735 Posts
Andre, the way I see it is, you're doing the company a huge favor by staying on even in your current position,
if they push you too hard maybe they'll lose you all together, they only care about themselves ......... good luck buddy.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:17 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Thanks Gerry...those are some kind things to say. It's frustrating because I think either of those jobs would be better suited for me and my personality, but it's just not in the cards. In my life, family trumps all. No job is worth impacting the family unit as relocating at this critical time would do. I won't leave my kids or my mother up here. The fact they even suggested I did was enlightening for sure. It's ruthless, that's for sure. Thanks for the support Gerry!

Old 09-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
Roy, It's been a month since I ordered my truck. The Ford Website still shows it as being in Order Processing.
If it's going to get here in 8 weeks, They better hurry up and build it so it can spend a month sitting in train yards.

If you order one Roy, You are just going to be waiting for it to show up. Very little changed between the 2020 and the 2021 trucks. So get online and configure it with the old software and be surprised when it shows up.

I'm past the the worse of the pain. I can go 7-8 hours between pills where Tuesday/Wednesday I was wanting a pill about every 3-4 hours. I've even gone 24 hours without one of the addictive pills, and just using the lessor pain pills they gave me.

When I did my Left knee last May, I only took two of the Narco pills, They gave me 40, so I had 38 of them left over. When my wife picked up the the pills this time, She told them I had a bunch left over and to cut the amount in half. Nope, I got another 40. I can see a trip to the Police station to drop off a bottle of unused pills in my future. I suspect by Monday, I can wean myself off the prescription pills and just be taking ES Tylenol.

I've had some time to sit and watch Pretty Penny. That filly is coming around, She is moving well. being chased by the rest of the herd. She might actually just pull this off and heal. We still let her into her pen morning and evenings so she can eat some higher protein feed than what the other horses get. She is putting on some muscle and her legs are straightening out. Her winter hair is coming in and giving her a new look as her foal hair has fallen out.

My wife has all the doors and windows open, I'm freezing in the house. But it is nice to finally have some cooler air move over Utah.

Take care everybody

Old 09-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Andre'....... I must have missed a post. What is going on with the job ??

Gerry..... That first picture must be you washing yer car.......

Old 09-18-2020, 11:05 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,957 Likes on 1,574 Posts
Good morning guys,

Andre, Sounds like you made the right decision. I have known a couple guys now that took a promotion moved because of it and regretted later.

Jon, I'm just amazed at your strength against pain! I have to face the facts I'm just a wimp . There is no way I could have gone without the Narco drugs that soon after surgery. Good for you, I'm happy you are doing so well.

Thanks for the Pretty Penny update. Nice to hear she is coming around.

Old 09-18-2020, 11:28 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning guys,

Andre, Sounds like you made the right decision. I have known a couple guys now that took a promotion moved because of it and regretted later.

Jon, I'm just amazed at your strength against pain! I have to face the facts I'm just a wimp . There is no way I could have gone without the Narco drugs that soon after surgery. Good for you, I'm happy you are doing so well.

Thanks for the Pretty Penny update. Nice to hear she is coming around.
I heard that Jon put a 8 penny nail through his hand with a framing nail gun...... Said, "ouch". Then pulled the nail out with his teeth and spit the nail out. Wrapped electrical tape around the hole in his hand and then continued his work.

Old 09-18-2020, 11:37 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Jon is the man we all hope to be. LOL!

Old 09-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 536 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Jon...... Good to hear all seems to be going well for you.

Does anyone know how to access the 2021 super duty build pages on Ford's website ??? I can only find 2020. You can't order the 2020's, so why does Ford still have 2020 builds on their website ??
Same here Jon.
Roy, typically Ford won't change the build and price until dealer inventory of the old and new is at a certain mix as to best move stock, since a lot of people like to shop year end deals, they can try and find what they want from what's left.
I'm hoping I can get the sport package with 18" wheels next year, only 20" right now.
Originally Posted by Jigger2020
It's a sign from God telling to order something else .......
Good things come to those who wait Gerry...

Old 09-18-2020, 02:13 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Happy TGIF, crew. Good luck training a new boss Andre! Hope you get one that will listen! And enjoy the fall colors ride. There are a few of us heading out Monday AM for the Arizona Strip. Should be a good time had by all. Preparing to spend at least One night on the trail, because it is such a huge area, and can easily get well over 100 miles from camp. It would not be good to try to navigate strange country after dark, wasting fuel, possibly getting in a jam someplace.
Jon, good luck getting healed up soon.
All have a great rest of the day, and a great weekend.

Old 09-18-2020, 02:45 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
Originally Posted by 99150
Happy TGIF, crew. Good luck training a new boss Andre! Hope you get one that will listen! And enjoy the fall colors ride. There are a few of us heading out Monday AM for the Arizona Strip. Should be a good time had by all. Preparing to spend at least One night on the trail, because it is such a huge area, and can easily get well over 100 miles from camp. It would not be good to try to navigate strange country after dark, wasting fuel, possibly getting in a jam someplace.
Jon, good luck getting healed up soon.
All have a great rest of the day, and a great weekend.
I'm curious to see how you spend the night on the trail. My hunting buddy and I did that one year to a remote spot in the hunting unit. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies I'm sure.

Old 09-18-2020, 03:29 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I'm curious to see how you spend the night on the trail. My hunting buddy and I did that one year to a remote spot in the hunting unit. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies I'm sure.
Just taking a lot of water, extra groceries, small tent, sleeping bag, etc.

Old 09-18-2020, 04:56 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Roy...they fired my boss and wanted me to at first take his place, but move to corporate to take it. I said I'd do it if I can say in Wisconsin (the job is mostly on the road anyway). They said no. Then they offered me the Sales Manager job for the division, but that would legitimately require me to relocate to corporate. I turned it down. I can't move. My mom is 78 and needs our help. I have three kids in Wisconsin universities and can't afford out of state tuition. Plus Linda has a great job she loves. Never mind the fact that I love it here. None of it mattered. They wanted me to move. I said no. They will get over it. I will too. I just had a warm fuzzy feeling for a minute that I was actually valued by my employer...that was naive, lol.

I'm out of here guys! Time to have a beer and start the weekend! Taking the RZR for a rip tomorrow to see the color changes!

Life is good!

Old 09-18-2020, 07:48 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
Back in the 70's when I first started Framing. It was common for new employees to shoot themselves with the nail guns. It seemed like with in 3-4 days of hiring them, they would get shot.

I remember climbing up on a roof. Kid had nailed his foot to the roof. I approached carrying a crowbar. His eyes lit up with fear.... What are you going to do? Pry your foot off this roof. You don't want to spend the night up here do you?
Grabbed the nail head and pulled the nail out. Kid had wanted me to cut plywood off roof and take him to ER to get nail removed. Sorry, I'm not cutting a hole in the roof and you wouldn't do well trying to climb a ladder with a square of plywood nailed on. Besides I save his shoe. Hospital would have cut it to pieces to get it off.

Fortunately, In all my years of being in construction. I've never shot myself with a nail or staple gun. ( Knock on wood)

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most