6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 05:02 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,963 Likes on 2,814 Posts
PRG Products used to be the premiere vendor for Nissan offroad parts. 12 years ago I spent an oodle of money with them. They may have good stuff but their customer service is terrible. Don't ever buy anything directly from them, you may never get it. There are some vendors that sell their products and that's the way to go.

This would be a good way to resolve a diving front end due to a plow. Get the 700 lbs springs. https://www.prgproducts.com/product-...erra-coilovers

Old 05-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,295 Likes on 1,716 Posts
Tim and Don, thx for the tractor info, necessity is the Mother huh

Jim n Bart, thx for the feedback guys, much obliged gents .......

have a great w/e truckers, rain & cold up here

Old 05-29-2020, 08:31 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,104 Likes on 1,632 Posts
Howdy Gents........
Home from HD. Wanted to shoot two customers...... I behaved and smiled.......
Reminded me of a phrase...... "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do"............

Home and relaxing before I cook dinner my myself......
Tomorrow is a day off from HD..... Bunch of yard work to do.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:53 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Get some rest Roy, you deserve it buddy

Old 05-29-2020, 08:54 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Roy you can borrow my kubota to mow with. come get it

Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 99150
Isn’t it some form of a “Silver Seeder”.........AKA, Gleaner?
Yes Don it does appear to be a galvanized pheasant feeder

Old 05-29-2020, 09:15 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,616 Likes on 740 Posts
Saw the surgeon yesterday, first appointment since he replaced my knee about 3 weeks ago. Said I was a rock star. He is pleased with my recovery.
Doc told me after surgery he wanted me weight bearing as much as I could stand. Well, I've mowed the lawn every week, feed horses, run by jobsites and visited with architects, owners and sub contractors and gone to Physical Therapy 3 times a week. So I think I've been pretty active and it shows in how fast my knee is healing. First week I took a lot of naps, Because I was waking up almost every hour to pee. So I would put the ice machine on my knee and take an hour nap a couple times in the afternoon and evening. 2nd week I got off the pain meds and my bladder got a little more normal. I was having to take some extra Strength Tylenol around 5 in the evening, Basically, I was just worn out, probably overdoing it, This week, I'm pretty much off everything. Most of the bruising has gone which allows me better range of motion.

Physical Therapist says I've achieved full range of motion and they changed my therapy from stretching to muscle building to restore my strength. She wants to know how high my stirrups are off the ground and we are going to work on getting my foot that high in air while balancing on the other leg. Should be fun, Maybe I'll get back on the horse sooner than I thought. Getting on is only one issue, I think I'd cry if that horse stumbled and made a sudden move to catch itself causing me to put extra pressure on that new knee to hold myself up in the saddle. I don't have any constant naggin pain. But quick moves or just the wrong move send a pretty good surge thru my nerves.

I scheduled the other knee for Sept 14th. I hope to have the school addition I started done in August and the next new school I hope won't start till late October or November. My luck it will start the week I have surgery. I think my right knee will take a little longer to recover from. I just don't think I can start driving again 4 days after surgery and trust my right foot to control brakes and gas. I did start driving as soon s I stopped the prescription meds with my left leg. but it didn't have to lift up and move over to find the brake. I'm blessed to have a really good surgeon whose patients usually recover faster than most. Knee replacement has been very uncomfortable, But it has not been as painfull.as many led me to believe.

On the other front. I had to take Pretty Penny back to the Vet. Her legs just are not straightening out. Not sure what is causing the problem, vet was going to X-ray and look for some specialized test that might give us a lead. I might have to change her name from pretty Penny to Federal Deficit, if she keeps incurring more bills.

I was going to drive my wife up to Idaho Falls to put flowers on her parents grave last saturday. But Idaho got 6" of snow, between icy roads and my bum leg, I bowed out. So I think we are going on a road trip tomorrow. It's about a 3 hour drive each direction. We can visit the graves and go to lunch and make a day of it. We will see if I can sit in a car with my leg in that small of space for that long of a drive. We will take my wife's Fusion, because she gets 3 times the highway mileage of my Superduty.

You guys all have a great weekend.

Old 05-29-2020, 09:37 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Good job on the knee, Jon !
Is penny bearing weight like that constantly ?

Old 05-29-2020, 09:40 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by GIGGER
Get some rest Roy, you deserve it buddy
I think I will tonight......
Just finished dinner...... i decided to cook potatoes, bacon & fried eggs fresh from the backyard....... Yummy !!
Now some lazy time

Old 05-29-2020, 09:43 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Roy you can borrow my kubota to mow with. come get it
I'll be there Monday to pick it up...... Might take a year or two to return it.......

Old 05-30-2020, 06:39 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Jon, that's great progress on your knee, congrats on that,
it's kind of sad to see Penny like that, I hope for a miracle.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:31 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,477 Likes on 2,305 Posts
me too Gerry. Prayers for Penny!

Old 05-30-2020, 07:42 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend

New York World's Fair in 1964

Old 05-30-2020, 08:09 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,616 Likes on 740 Posts
You can tell it hurts when she moves. She spends more time laying down than previous foals I've raised.
Vet is still hopeful. After the X-rays, he put some splints on her legs to help hold them straight so the ligaments can shrink/stretch into the proper length.

We kinda suspect that the mare ate some hay with Mustard Plant in it during her last trimester of pregnancy. The Mustand Syndrome in foals can cause the symptoms she is showing.
Vet has not seen that here in Utah, so he was going to try and find some test that might identify that. It makes it easier to treat if you know what you are treating.
University of Washington has study published that looked at 14 foals, 3 had to be put down, 11 recovered. So odds are, there is a better chance to recover.

Reached a milestone yesterday. I was able to put my underwear on while standing. It's taken a few weeks of sitting down to get my toes through the leg hole in the underwear. Progress each day being made. Actually my left knee is starting to feel better than the right knee that has not be replaced. Kinda starting to see some light that the month of pain and discomfort will be justified by less pain and better mobility in the future. I Still have some swelling. and stiffness at the ends of my range of motion. And I'm sure that too strong of an exertion or a sudden movement would result in pain. But the nagging ache is gone.

Beautiful day in Utah. Going to be HOT. Upper 90's today. Hope each of you enjoy what ever you do today

Old 05-30-2020, 10:26 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,801 Likes on 1,512 Posts
Good morning guys,

Thanks for the update Jon, Sorry to hear of all the trouble with Pretty Penny!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most