6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 08:48 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I use an independent insurance broker located in Montana. They do a good job of telling me it's time to switch insurance companies. Most of my interaction with them is by email. They are very easy people to deal with.

I had a teenager that had a fender bender. But only one. The insurance company didn't hassle me. The rates weren't too bad, considering I had two teenage boys driving.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:54 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,697 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Originally Posted by farmert
Andre, I've had great luck with American Family Insurance. Been with them for over 40 years. My wife drives a 13 Ford Edge, and she has hit 3 deer with it, and as yet have I gotten a raise in premiums. The county sheriff jokingly asked her if she had a target on the car, as 2 of the hits were about 2 weeks apart.
I'm going to send the local agent an email now. You are the third person to recommend them to me since last night!

Side note...I have a friend in Iowa that hit 8 deer in 6 separate crashes in a 26 month span starting in 2002. He was encouraged to put a huge steel bumper on his Cherokee, but never canceled. Same guy hasn't had in accident of any kind since. Bad luck is tough to shake...ask Ron er, I mean Roy.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
Happy News........
5.5 Hour drive to our new location for the night...... NO Crashes......
We are in Greenville NC. Local Cracker Barrel RV Resort for the night.
In the morning we get to have breakfast at Cracker Barrel before getting underway for Fort Fisher in the south-east corner of NC, right on the Ocean....... We will be there until after Christmas or the Cat 5 Hurricane Hits.....

Old 12-17-2019, 06:50 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
We will be there until after Christmas or the Cat 5 Hurricane Hits.....
With your luck, I wouldn't tempt fate by mentioning a hurricane.

Glad to hear you made the trip OK.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:12 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Good reading guys
I HATE Insurance companies. They are the only game in town that gets to change the rules as the game plays out.
If you think about your years of coverage, the longer you have been with them, the greater the odds are you will have a claim......
They want you to drop them before it happens.
The sooner you can live your life with out insurance on everything and not make payments, the better off you will be.
Have great evening all.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:48 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 536 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I use an independent insurance broker located in Montana. They do a good job of telling me it's time to switch insurance companies. Most of my interaction with them is by email. They are very easy people to deal with.....
Andre..this is what I do. Have never been able to beat my guy calling around on my own. I've been told by insurance peoples you should stay no longer than 10 years with one company as well.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:34 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,381 Likes on 1,735 Posts
Great insurance advice here guys, way to pull together ....... again.

Roy, glad you had a day without incident, roll with it.

early light bar?

Old 12-18-2019, 06:53 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Thanks for the advice guys. I've talked to American Family, USAA and an independent broker that apparently has program to find the best match for wat we have with over 5 different companies. She claims she will find the best deal for us. She sounded pretty legit. I really like USAA as well, it's just a PITA entering all the policies online myself. It's that or on the phone. I'm going to investigate them still. They have good to my mom (and my dad before he passed).

So last night one of my Scouts had his Eagle Board of Review (BoR). He passed! In 2-3 weeks after National approves his paperwork, he will officially become an Eagle Scout! He didn't have enough people for his BoR so he txt'd me in a panic asking me to come down there. I rushed there and was expecting to have to talk to the BoR Committee about making an exception to allow him to continue with one less person. I got there and I was asked to sit in on his board. I've never heard of this. Normally the SM introduces the Scout to the Committee and is there for observation only. The SM does not speak unless called upon. I was not the SM last night, but technically I was an Assistant SM and sat in on his SM conference. I am also his Eagle coach. The Committee knew all of this and still wanted me in there. The BoR went great and the young man did very well! He was asked who was the most influential person in his life besides his parents. I was so proud of him because he used an interviewing tip I gave him in his SM conference. He repeated the question back, paused and took a long sip of water to think about his answer. I told him that. I was so excited! Then he dropped the haymaker on me and said I was the most influential person in his life (outside of his parents). There was some other very kind words mentioned, but you get the idea. I'm a mess as I type this the next day. What a humbling experience. I'm so blessed to be a part of these kids lives. It almost made forget about the fact that he didn't have enough people for his Eagle BoR! I still got on him about communication and accountability. He told me I was hardcore. I told him the AirForce Air National Guard will appreciate it...lol.

I wanted to share the feel good story. We are all so busy and I wanted to make certain I fully appreciated a moment like this and shared with my FTE buddies even though I'm an outcast with my FIAT ()

Old 12-18-2019, 07:21 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Well done Andre !
My eyes are suddenly leaking slightly

Old 12-18-2019, 07:25 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
My eyes are suddenly leaking slightly
I understand...sometimes I still can't believe I bought a fricken Dodge either

By the way...just noticed this thread has surpassed 3 million views! Congratulations guys! That helps FTE and our community immensely!

Old 12-18-2019, 07:48 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Chad149
Andre..this is what I do. Have never been able to beat my guy calling around on my own. I've been told by insurance peoples you should stay no longer than 10 years with one company as well.
When I was finding policies myself, I usually moved to a different company every three years. It seemed like that was the right time period to find a lower priced policy because the three year old company had been jacking up the rates for each of the three years.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:22 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Howdy gang! Chilly morning here at 25*. Everything is covered in a heavy layer of frost.

Andre, good job on the mentoring and seeing the rewards of it.

I have always gotten discounts on my auto insurance by using whoever is insuring my home/property. For many years, it was State Farm. When we bought our current place, State Farm wouldn't write policies on "ranch properties", so we went with Texas Farm Bureau and have been happy with them. When I priced out USAA, GEICO, Progressive and others for auto insurance, nobody could touch what we were getting through Texas Farm Bureau with the discount for also having our home with them.

Have a great day all.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:10 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,955 Likes on 1,573 Posts
Good morning guys,

Andre, Thanks for sharing the feel good story, your one of the good guys even though you do drive a Fiat!

Sorry to hear about insurance company dropping your daughter. There a bunch of crooks!

We were with State Farm years ago, too many speeding tickets and they raised the rate to an acceptable level. Went to an independent agency for a few years didn't seem like could ever get anything right. They had my birthday wrong never would straighten it out the roof on our house they had as a composite and have a steel roof. We have been back with State Farm for a couple years, but they keep jacking the rates up so I'm ready of look for new company myself.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Interesting read on the auto insurance companies. I have had State Farm for 30+ years. Rates are pretty stagnant, but I am in their mutual company. No one has ever come close to their rates when I get a quote, but a lot of that is that I also have life insurance with them (which is now premium free as it had a disability premium waiver on it), and now I added home owners. Supposedly I should be getting a Guaranteed Renewal Policy from them soon. This was after we had a policy limit accident involving a fatality. (luckily no one in my family, and the person killed was determined to be at fault by the police - long story short, Florida is a comparable liability state, so a multi-million dollar verdict would have still been over over our high policy limits)

The Ford Explorer saga continues, I have a meeting tomorrow with their attorney and the Ford Service Engineer. I wrote a long letter and part of it was that I asked to have a meeting with the FSE when he was here and it didn't happen. The day before going to a BBB hearing, the Ford attorney said he read the letter and surprised that was never communicated to him. Alaska is further complicated because we don't have a dedicated FSE they have to get flown in and that wouldn't happen until the end of January... Not really expecting a resolution tomorrow, however, it should be pretty clear to me tomorrow whether this vehicle is fixable or not. Ohh,and in the meantime several other issues have cropped up - at least the dealer found TSBs on one and already ordered the parts for it. I did find out that Ford does not warranty that your OBD connector works, ven if it never worked. And they don't warranty that any of the functions in the Ford Pass app work. Just as a heads up. As the Ford Pass App quit working and the OBD connector when the Ford tech tried to read codes as a favor for me going into the hearing was unable to. So I mentioned that on the list of things I was going to talk about and an objection to those was filed along with a reference to my manual stating those are not warrantable. I checked, and sure enough, it's there.

The problematic Fridge finally is getting replaced by the home warranty we got with the house.

The third thing, since these things go in 3s is the trash compactor decided to quit working...

But I look at things like Roy does. Life is good and I just have to roll with the punches. I finally got PT approved and they also confirmed that I am not using or able to use my hip muscle - somewhere between my brain, spine, and the hip there is a short circuit. The muscle won't even "fire". We are going to focus on strengthening the other muscles that are compensating for it.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:42 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Dak, interesting read on SF. I can't recall if I mentioned or not, I've been with them since 1986. I have 4 vehicles, 4 snowmobiles, 1 enclosed trailer, home owners, 1 million umbrella, life insurance. They had it all. Still treated me like I was a STD last week. Bummer about the way Ford is treating you. That's not right. Glad the fridge is getting replaced! The trash compactor is an interesting appliance. If you have one, you know the pluses and minuses. If you've never had one, you just don't know. For us, the cleaning of it was enough to keep us from installing one in our kitchen in this home. They are awfully handy though. The hip muscle not working is a new one on me. You (and Roy) have a special kind of luck!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most