6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 10:34 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Howdy Roy! I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten even more busy. Better get that boat wet soon. At least a water heater replacement isn't TOO bad of a job, and you score Brownie points with Momma too. Enjoy your Saturdays.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,025 Likes on 1,606 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Howdy Roy! I was beginning to wonder if you had gotten even more busy. Better get that boat wet soon. At least a water heater replacement isn't TOO bad of a job, and you score Brownie points with Momma too. Enjoy your Saturdays.
Yep ....easy job. I always need points....

I am not sure when we will hit the water.......very smoky.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
I recall previous pics on the water with smoke all around too.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:36 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Diesel just jumped up 7 cents....$2.64 / gal......
Wow, I'd take that "jump". $2.89-3 around here. Off work today and tomorrow but still up at 5:15. Time to go hook the trailer up as we head for Watkins Glen N.Y. in a few hours. But it's nice to have some peace and quiet with momma and kiddo asleep.

Spent the 3 days I did work this week unloading my Peterbilt. Took forever but it's empty. Took shop foreman position to try to streamline our shop and work with the younger crew we have to get productivity and profitability where it needs to be. It will be a challenge, but it's going to be more mental than physical. The part I was really after though is set 9 hour days and I'm only 17 miles from home, instead of work til it's done hours 100 miles from home.

Well, I better go hitch the trailer up! Have a good end to the week!

Old 08-17-2017, 06:07 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Good morning guys !
Scott, have a great trip and enjoy your new position at work !

Old 08-17-2017, 09:24 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning Crew.......

CampFire Montana is still smoky ........

Saturday #4 is starting off cool .....sunny.....with a little breeze.

Picked up a new water heater yesterday evening for Lynn's rental in Winnett. Headed there tomorrow.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:24 AM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,134 Likes on 563 Posts
Empty nest here again. Have my doubts she'll be back this time, seems like they always come up with other arrangements after 3rd yr of college.

I do hope the most interesting man in the world survives to come back to my garage wall, he went back to school too!

Old 08-17-2017, 09:44 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Empty nest here again. Have my doubts she'll be back this time, seems like they always come up with other arrangements after 3rd yr of college.

I do hope the most interesting man in the world survives to come back to my garage wall, he went back to school too!
Must be Nap time.......

Old 08-17-2017, 04:38 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,134 Likes on 563 Posts
Ideally, I prefer an afternoon siesta.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by ExxWhy
Ideally, I prefer an afternoon siesta.
I see that you finally awoke from your Nap........

Old 08-17-2017, 05:27 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Howdy Tim, Scott, Roy, Eric and all. Looks like another boring day on FTE. Guess I'll hang out at the Ram forum for a while.

This is my last night shift for this set, then I start my day shift Monday morning at the crack before dawn.

Scott, one of the hardest things for me to overcome when transitioning into management was giving the crew the freedom to do it their way, as long as it wasn't unsafe, or flat out wrong. I had my own ways of doing everything, and in my mind, that was always the best and most efficient way. Biting my tongue and not jumping in constantly was a challenge at first. Even now though, I still offer suggestions and guidance when appropriate. I never hesitated to correct someone that was doing something unsafe or incorrectly, and that's the way it is even now.
It was also difficult during that transition for my guys to separate our relationship from a group of coworkers and peers, to one off supervisor and employee. It wasn't a power thing. It was an accountability thing. I'm certain you'll do fine.

Eric, as much as I love both of my kids, I looked forward to the empty nest. It is very rewarding to see them succeed on their own - even though we all know I am still there for them when needed. I always look forward to spending time with them when I can though.

Roy, was that YOU that awoke from the nap?

On a side note, this morning was the end of the 6th day of dieting for me and I'm down 12.5 lbs. Only 15 more days of dieting to go, then I get to ease into eating again.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,172 Likes on 1,693 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Howdy Tim, Scott, Roy, Eric and all. Looks like another boring day on FTE. Guess I'll hang out at the Ram forum for a while.
snip .....
On a side note, this morning was the end of the 6th day of dieting for me and I'm down 12.5 lbs. Only 15 more days of dieting to go, then I get to ease into eating again.
Doug there are a good bunch of guys over there too
good work on the diet chum, I know its not easy

Old 08-17-2017, 07:44 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
I know at least one good guy over there Gerry! I haven't said howdy over there recently, but still lurk from time to time when things are slow on FTE and at work.
Thanks for the kind words about the diet.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Uneventful day here too. No traffic, no idiots, just rolled on up here. Beautiful KOA. Our site isnt the best in the place but it's level enough and the power is clean. Was hoping to find the eagles/bills game since were close enough to buffalo, but there are so many cable channels I gave up. LOL. Wifi and cell service both suck, so no pics. Hit 1 winery tonight, going for some more tomorrow. There is also a truck here with that ridiculous 5th wheel dolly thing. Guess his Trilogy was too much for the F250 without adding an axle!

Doug, I know I'll hit the same challenges. Luckily a lot of the guys are young enough to mold. Good work on the diet too Doug. It's a challenge for sure. I'm down 31 pounds since March.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Thank you for the kind words on the weight loss, and congrats to you as well. 31lbs is quite a bit - especially if you are like me and enjoy good food and beverage.

I enjoy teaching the newer guys what may or may not be a better way of doing things. Sometimes, they teach me a better way. I try to always keep an open mind, but there are times when it isn't ok to discuss something, and a specific action must be taken right now. When dealing with the guys who had less time in the refinery than I, it wasn't much of an issue to separate the roles of the supervisor and employee. When dealing with guys that had been here as long as I had, or longer, it was a bit more difficult, because they needed to figure out the separation of friendship and business relationship. Still, I have no regrets at this point, and many of those same guys still ask me for advice on the units very routinely.

Enjoy the camping. I am looking forward to my little weekend getaway next month.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most