Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Injector time? Yes and more PMS.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm really rootin' for yuh, partly because your truck looks just like my "Stinky". Oh gawd... that didn't sound right. I need to either come up with a different name for my truck, or stop talking about my truck.

Nope. Thought it over. The name stays.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 AM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tugly
I'm really rootin' for yuh, partly because your truck looks just like my "Stinky". Oh gawd... that didn't sound right. I need to either come up with a different name for my truck, or stop talking about my truck.

LOL, funny!

So yea, little tiny bubbles in the water. Took a bit for them to show up but what does it mean? Leaking head gasket pushing air into the coolant?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:07 AM
theenforcer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i find that some cars after sevicing the cooling system need to be blead thoroughly and will still have small bubbles but they are the ones with caps on the radiator so when doing a final check over and taking the cap off the pressure will always push enough water out to create a air gap thus causing bubbles to start appearing. but a enclosed system soto speak with a reservior bottle the engine and radiator, providing the bottle water level is above the main feed hose and is the highest point of the system it should be totally free of air. i think before jumping to a headgasket conclusion keep and eye on the temp and if the top hose after a run looks like it is expanding a little or you are unable to squeeze it a little. maybe borrow a cylinder pressure tester off someone and check each cylinder is holding pressure while you have the glow plugs out. but bubbles are a first visual sign for me to investigate further.. even the smell of coolant while driving could be a sign that it is being pumped out due to over pressure.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:15 AM
theenforcer
Elder User
actually i think there is a small hose that runs to the top of the bottle from the top of the radiator you might have to temporaraly fill the bottle right up and watch to see what happens. the water will rise in the bottle as it heats up and over flow but after sitting there idling for 10 min or so and up to temp if the bubbles are still there look further. if its all good the water will find its own level after you replace the cap and have done a few miles..

Old 06-22-2012, 06:17 AM
theenforcer
Elder User

LOL. why do you call it stinky mate.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:27 AM
theenforcer
Elder User
you said earlier your fuel pressure was 72psi what spring did you fit..
i put the black one in havint tested to see the psi though.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
My wife and I have fun naming anything with wheels or transportation related.
  • I don't know if they call Harleys "hogs" in Austrailia, but they do in the US. With that in mind, we bought a scooter at the Harley dealership and named it "Piglet"
  • We have a utility trailer and named it "Flatso"
  • The boat trailer is "Doc"
  • The battery-powered lawn mower is "Buzz"
  • Diesel is notorious for being odoriferous, so "Stinky" popped up in about 2.5 seconds and it stuck.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:14 AM
theenforcer
Elder User
My wife and I have fun naming anything with wheels or transportation related.
  • I don't know if they call Harleys "hogs" in Austrailia, but they do in the US. With that in mind, we bought a scooter at the Harley dealership and named it "Piglet"
  • We have a utility trailer and named it "Flatso"
  • The boat trailer is "Doc"
  • The battery-powered lawn mower is "Buzz"
  • Diesel is notorious for being odoriferous, so "Stinky" popped up in about 2.5 seconds and it stuck.
yeah the harleys do get that more in the owners circles though. non owners that i have herd talking about them call them harleys. my mates own some nice examples of them. with one a custom chopper just arived from some builder in the USA.
the harley scooter name is gold LOL. my mates kids have thoes little pit bike chopper looking bikes, i might throw that name at them and see if it sticks..
your pet names are all great the girlfriend had a laugh after relaying them to her haha..
yeah well you are right stinky is apropriate for them especially with a ccv delete, i need a catch can with a filter on mine i find smoke rising from under the tub when im at the lights. get some funny looks, but id rather that than oil in my new/clean intercooler.
cheers
josh

Old 06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Go to the radiator shop and have the system pressurized. They they can do a block test also I'm beting you just need to drive it more. And the 500 mile trip will cure your problem if all else is good.

Chet

Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
OK. So I started it up today again and when it is cold the miss is noticable but the low end power is good. Once the truck warms up the low end power goes to crap and the miss is VERY noticeable.
I even changed the CPS and it didn't help.
Here are a couple videos to hopefully relay what I'm talking about...
2012 06 22 15 05 48 756 - YouTube
2012 06 22 15 08 51 549 - YouTube

Old 06-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Go to the radiator shop and have the system pressurized. They they can do a block test also I'm beting you just need to drive it more. And the 500 mile trip will cure your problem if all else is good.

Chet
My concern is if it is something else I don't want to be left stranded with a 8K lbs truck that won't move and it doesn't act like it has air in the HPOP, it acts like a injector isn't firing worth a crap once it gets hot.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:47 PM
theenforcer
Elder User
she has a fair shake there mate, i cant think of anything else. others might have something for you to look for. i hope you get to the bottom of it soon. let us know how you go...i think it might come down to testing lots of different stuff one by one till you narrow it down..

Old 06-22-2012, 06:51 PM
theenforcer
Elder User
i have had cars that seem fine in the shop then when test driving, i dont know if its because load is put on the engine or what but the head gasket will start to leak and pump the water out. then back in the shop it seem to dissapear...the water in the bottle didnt seem to bad with bubbbling but it was hard to see....

Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
Well I'll keep you guys posted. Atlease I have some places to start. I'm just going to use this time to go through a lot of things on the truck and do some repairs and maintenance. I'll keep you guy posted. Thanks

Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Visseroth
Posting Guru
huh. Almost looked like I was being pissy in my last post. Sorry if it came across that way. Wasn't trying.
None the less thanks for all the help. I'll keep this thread posted as I continue to troubleshoot and narrow down where the problem may be.
I plan to conduct a coolant pressure test and compression test as soon as I can afford to.
Thanks for all the help guys, I'll let you know what I find.

Quick Reply: Injector time? Yes and more PMS.....