Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 AM
BigAlsPSD
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cookie88
No pic Zack.

Al... Glow plug tip?
It wasn't the glow plugs, they looked fine. I never did actually find the source, turbo was fine, as well as intake grates. The rings were gone on that hole. Bought a new motor, and still haven't tore that one down any deeper, I will rebuild it some day.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Against my better judgement, I'm going to post in last month's thread. I'm going to need weeks of therapy to cope with it.
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
It wasn't the glow plugs, they looked fine. I never did actually find the source, turbo was fine, as well as intake grates. The rings were gone on that hole. Bought a new motor, and still haven't tore that one down any deeper, I will rebuild it some day.
Maybe part of the rings did that? I'm guessing a miss/stumble was the only indication that something was wrong?
Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD
Can't see the pics personally Zack, but is this Sean's truck?
Nope, it's the former 7.3L from one of the guys on PSN that's converting their truck to a Cummins. Traitor!

But that reminds me, I need to get a hold of him, the last time I talked to him about the truck he was replacing injectors. Been a little busy the last couple of weeks/weekends.
Originally Posted by Will P.
Holy Cats Batman! That can't be good!
I'm thinking that's quite a bit of fuel/compression. I'm thinking maybe he pushed it past the design limits...but what do I know.
Originally Posted by cookie88
No pic Zack.
Which is strange, I logged out and cleared the cookies on my machine and I can still see the image. And I'm just guessing that Will can see it from his comment. And in this message, I can scroll down and not only see the image in question but the one Alan posted.