Sponsored by:

1975 Ranchero Rear Bumper Modification.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:38 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Nice. Ya i don't really trust places like firestone or Jiffy lube or those kinds of places. If i have to get tire work done i go to my local Discount tire, they are the best around IMO, and if i have to do any other work i usually do it myself. I learned my lesson when i had my 88 ranger. I was leaking coolant pretty badly and since i worked at a car dealership i decided to have them check it out. Turns out my rad was cracked, no biggie, then they said my tie rod ends were shot as well and recommended me to change them, ok i can have that done as well, AND i asked if the tech could look at the parking brake pedal cause i could push it but it wouldn't lock in. So he looked at it and sprayed some lube on the mech then hit the little arm that comes down with a screwdriver and it worked. For a rad replacement, tie rod ends+alignment, and that little fixing of the brake lever cost me well over $400 and that was with an employee discount... I could have done all of it besides the alignment when i was sitting thinking about it afterwards. On top of all that, my water pump started leaking shortly afterwards so i had to pull the radiator and fan off anyways to re seal it... Definitely felt stupid after that. Now if i have something i need done that is difficult such as this PS pump swap i usually come here or look elsewhere to get an idea of what has to be done and if i feel i can do it within an alotted time, i get it done.

yeah its a bunch of (insert word here) working at those places my sister learned her lesson. I been telling them to stop taking stuff there and let me do it but what they do? Waste money! For the price of what it cost Highly automobile skilled rednecks could have put the tire on for less then the price of what it cost!

Its simple Just lest the air out the tires, Break the seal.. Use a pry bar to pull off old tire, throw old tire against house, add new tire with pry bar, Put the sealant around the ring, spray airsol into the center around the rim, use a grill lighter BOOM!..... then just fill it up with air quickly simple as that.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most people would find that too dangerous...

Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Most people would find that too dangerous...

Which is funny because these sissy's "LINE THE POCKET" of this Sad giant monster we call "FIRESTONE, BUCKEY'S, JIFFY LUBE" and these side companies who have no respect for the you the customer WHAT SO EVER...!

I find it moronic and very rhetorical for people to do this to them selves when they "DON'T" listen to family who have these kind of skills and will not mislead you ~,~.

Sheez they have new cars all they got to do is plug in the OBD-II ~,~ It's not arm and leg surgery. Classic Car Owners have more experience then these new fangled who ever the hell it is 2012 death trap drivers. I hold no respect for anyone who has OBD-II Technology and "FAILS" to use the resources. Any man who does not know jack about cars deserves to have their ARMS and limbs REMOVED from their Body, Stoned, Burned for being a worthless piece of crap pretty boy. If i appear mean its because these little kids don't know nothing about real cars.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:09 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Haha i kind of share that feeling but on a lesser level. I have a friend who doent know diddly poop about his own car, and he has had it longer than i have had my liscense. I have tried teaching him stuff but he isnt willing learn, mind you he is no pretty boy by any means he just has an intrest in computers over cars. He can debug a computer just as easily as i can debug my truck. I know a fair share about computers but not as much as him.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Haha i kind of share that feeling but on a lesser level. I have a friend who doent know diddly poop about his own car, and he has had it longer than i have had my liscense. I have tried teaching him stuff but he isnt willing learn, mind you he is no pretty boy by any means he just has an intrest in computers over cars. He can debug a computer just as easily as i can debug my truck. I know a fair share about computers but not as much as him.

I took computer service and repair i am love with mechanics.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I think the thing i hate the most though is my friend is very unmotivated... He too the computer science class at our High School with the idea that he would be doing nothing but hands on computer repair. Most of the class was book work so you can learn what your doing before you touch the computer, this was a problem for him cause he doesn't like book work so he pretty much bombed the class cause he didn't want to do the work. I took Auto Tech in high school and there was a lot of book work but i still tried to do it. If i couldn't because i didn't know what to do then i asked, yes i would have rather been out in the shop working on something but that wasn't my decision. It just irks me when i try telling him something about my truck or his car and he doesn't listen cause "he doesn't like cars" oh well. When something breaks and he can't fix it then he will have to figured something out.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
I think the thing i hate the most though is my friend is very unmotivated... He too the computer science class at our High School with the idea that he would be doing nothing but hands on computer repair. Most of the class was book work so you can learn what your doing before you touch the computer, this was a problem for him cause he doesn't like book work so he pretty much bombed the class cause he didn't want to do the work. I took Auto Tech in high school and there was a lot of book work but i still tried to do it. If i couldn't because i didn't know what to do then i asked, yes i would have rather been out in the shop working on something but that wasn't my decision. It just irks me when i try telling him something about my truck or his car and he doesn't listen cause "he doesn't like cars" oh well. When something breaks and he can't fix it then he will have to figured something out.
LOL when it breaks down if i see him I will be dying rolling in my grave! LOL i'm sorry but when a car breaks down anywhere ITS FUNNY as hell specially if someone does not know what to do when they open the hood lol I saw a chevy blow up on pacific highway when i got here they where pushing a huge lifted truck one dude took off his shirt and started smacking the engine! LOL! when clearly it was coolant problems. Most likely they blew out the upper hose.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Damn, out on pac highway? that sucks, lots of traffic up there sometimes... I have broke down once or twice in the bronco, once cause i ran out of gas hehe, the next time was partly the PO's fault but mostly mine, the coil wires had been tampered with when he owned it and when i corrected his fail the wire ends were a bit loose on the coil and one fell off on 167 going to work. Though i did get out of work that day I got out and was looking around checking for anything obvious and couldn't see anything and after calling my mom and trying to think of the cheapest towing company, i went back out to look again at the engine and say the coil wire fell off -_- put it back on and drove it back home. I felt real stupid after but also relieved that it was something so simple... Eventually i need to get the OEM plastic housing thing but i need to get to the junk yard to do that...

Old 04-28-2012, 02:23 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
Damn, out on pac highway? that sucks, lots of traffic up there sometimes... I have broke down once or twice in the bronco, once cause i ran out of gas hehe, the next time was partly the PO's fault but mostly mine, the coil wires had been tampered with when he owned it and when i corrected his fail the wire ends were a bit loose on the coil and one fell off on 167 going to work. Though i did get out of work that day I got out and was looking around checking for anything obvious and couldn't see anything and after calling my mom and trying to think of the cheapest towing company, i went back out to look again at the engine and say the coil wire fell off -_- put it back on and drove it back home. I felt real stupid after but also relieved that it was something so simple... Eventually i need to get the OEM plastic housing thing but i need to get to the junk yard to do that...

Ha well you live and you learn man, i almost died 20 mins ago I managed to get some dry Mullien in the back of my throat... and choked half near to death from one little small flake i dang near threw up everything i ate earlier... it was so bad that i could not move ~,~ i rushed to the fridge and made it and i was gasping to get that bottle of water down! lol man... EXTREMELY DRY HERBS is not the one to let float in the air... I was actually going to eat a chunk and chugg it down with water... but apparently my cough thought other wise...

Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Whats dry mullien?

Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Whats dry mullien?
It's a herb that can be used to make teas, cook with, and smoked.

Book description: Mullein is an easy to grow herb, often seen in disturbed areas such as fields and ditches. A multi-purpose herb, mullein offers many healing abilities from its flowers, leaves and root. Mullein is also a lovely addition to your landscaping. The stalk can grow 6 feet high, the leaves can grow up to 2 feet across. Try growing a beautiful specimen in an area that bees can enjoy the blossoms, and birds can eat the seeds.

Uses:

Mullein has a myriad of uses. Every part of the plant is used at different times in it's life cycle. The thick, soft leaves, are used to treat respiratory illness. They have been shown to loosen congestion and help clear the lungs. The tiny hairs on the leaves can be irritating, and any teas should be filtered very carefully to avoid this problem. A tincture would alleviate this issue, although it is extremely bitter.
Mullein flowers also provide a soothing and cleansing effect to the skin. As a wash, they are an easy treatment for minor wounds and scrapes. These same flowers can be picked throughout the growing season, placed in olive oil and left to infuse. The resulting infusion is wonderful for earaches that do NOT involve a ruptured eardrum. Add beeswax to the infused oil, and you will have a balm that makes a great addition to any baby's changing table. The delicate skin of a baby's diaper area can benefit from a light layer of this mullein balm.
Mullein root is used in urinary tract issues. The plant has a long taproot, making it difficult to harvest, and nearly impossible to transplant. When harvesting, be sure to use a spade and dig when the soil contains some moisture.
Finally, mullein is a wonderful indicator of a soil's contamination level. When looking for wild mullein, only harvest from straight, vigorous stalks. The crooked stalks indicate a high level of chemical contamination in the soil.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Oh man, sounds like a cool plant.. Sucks to choke on though.